Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lost

I'm still watching. One thing I was wondering about last night is if Henry was lying about the sub being the only way to get on and off the island. Probably. For one thing they still have Desmond's sailboat, don't they?

He seems to be a pathological liar/manipulator (and a damn good one) so, yes, there is probably another way to get off the island.

How Locke's father ended up there should be an interesting story.

The sailboat should still be around, don't know where it was though seems likely to be in the same port as the sub, but maybe not.

I want to see the box that Henry weas talking about, where he presumably pulled out Lockes dad. Also interested to see what Rouseeu will do now that she knows that her daughter is alive.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    I have been kinda on again/off again about this season's episodes.

Regardless, they pulled it out of the slump with this one. Seeing Locke's dad in that chair was the fucking money shot. They've got me for at least *one more* week.

i was expecting a less direct result from the box, like someone in an easter bunny suit or something.

where did michael and walt go if the sub was the only way off? i keep waiting for them to reappear.
    fine

Damn, buried alive. Although episodes like that which do nothing to advance the plot annoy me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Damn, buried alive. Although episodes like that which do nothing to advance the plot annoy me a bit.
    Word.

Who the fuck was that girl, though. Anyone remember those scenes from the beginning, or did they re-do them with her in them?

I feel cheated that she has not been strutting around in a bikini the whole time.

I loved when Sawyer yelled after her, "Who are you?"
    If the writers are going to fuck with us, then the bikini shots are a good play.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Anyone remember those scenes from the beginning, or did they re-do them with her in them?
    i'm thinking the beach/crash ones were from before, but the shannon/boone part in the airport had to be done recently. shannon's hair was all wrong.

i wish expose was a real show, on skinamax.

waste of an episode though. oh, sure, that dude already went down the hatch, knew they were watching jack, saw the other plane, etc. fuck off.
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    i'm thinking the beach/crash ones were from before, but the shannon/boone part in the airport had to be done recently. shannon's hair was all wrong.

i wish expose was a real show, on skinamax.

waste of an episode though. oh, sure, that dude already went down the hatch, knew they were watching jack, saw the other plane, etc. fuck off.
    Yeppers, I'm with Hurley on this one, it would be my new Fav.

Both are a bit too pretty to be on the island and not play a part somewhere along the way. Also did the Professor show up before, I couldn't remember him in any of the early episodes. The guy can figure a rough trajectory, but has no other useful attributes? It's like Gilligans Island all over again.

Spider bit was good, first half-hour was a waste.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

The professor done got blown up last season when they found the old dyn-o-mite. He was so busy telling everyone else to be careful with it because the nitroglicerine was leaking from the casing, that he found to heed his own words.

I think all the "old" scenes were re-created to focus on Nikki and that guy.

naw, i think they planned on wasting an episode a few years back when shooting the crash scene.

weird how the professor was all helpful to like 3 people.
    fine

I always liked Hurley's quote after the professor was blown up: "Dude, you got some Artz on you."

I guess you have to remember that there are supposed to be around 40 survivers from the crash so they really haven't gone threw all of them. I know that Paulo (spelling?), the guy that got bit by the spider, has been in a few other episodes earlier this season. Just standing around or a few one or two liners. I love the show though. Its pretty much the shit

Solid episode last night. Now we know why "The Others" (do we still have to call them that?) were interested in infiltrating the crash victims' camps. The last scene with Ben and Juliette was good. It will be interesting to see what she's up to!

I liked Jack's comment about how the "us" versus "them" dichotomy hinges on whether you want to get off the island, or whether you want to stay.
    Last edited by The AD; 04-12-2007 at 01:26 PM.

locke has turned into lost's gillagin, fucking up every way to get off the island. that communications center might've helped a bit.
    fine

I knew Juliet was sketch, these last 5 weeks should be interesting.

Based on last night's episode we know she really wants off the island and probably knows Ben is her only chance, even if she despises him.

I just realized they still haven't brought back the storyline from last season's finale where the guys in the Arctic or wherever pick up the signal and phone the woman (Penny?) about it.

I keep waiting for that too. If it doesn't come up by the end of this season I'm going to be very disappointed.

Juliet may really want to get off the island, but that doesn't make her less sketch. If anything it's the opposite, because at this point she is so desperate to leave there probably isn't much she wouldn't be willing to do.

They think the "others" are gone so why don't they go and live in their old homes rather than continue to live in "shelters"?

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    They think the "others" are gone so why don't they go and live in their old homes rather than continue to live in "shelters"?
    Perhaps they will. Maybe the "others" really did split, and Jack & co. will be sucked in by the Dharma tractor beams and become the new "others" for next season....

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    Because then it just looks like a grittier version of Desperate Housewives. LOST in suburbia? The beach is a better setting for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

I just realized they still haven't brought back the storyline from last season's finale where the guys in the Arctic or wherever pick up the signal and phone the woman (Penny?) about it.
    That was just a tease. It'll come into play some time but probably not until the final season.

Anyone else wonder if (hope that) Jack is actually conning Juliette by pretending to trust her? I hope Sayid gets to interrogate her. Maybe Jack and Sayid are secretly teaming up for this.

I'm happy that the show is kinda interesting/exciting again.

anyone see the picture of the old lady "other" with the head monk on the monk's desk?
    fine

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    ^ I missed that one.

I've also been waiting for a Desmond episode to hopefully unfurl some more info about the Portugeese guys from the end of last season. Unfortunately we didn't really get that far. I think the chick from the helicopter was probably sent by Penny to find Desmond. I also think the satellite phone will come back into play soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    I've also been waiting for a Desmond episode to hopefully unfurl some more info about the Portugeese guys from the end of last season. Unfortunately we didn't really get that far.
    But I think we got close. The book she was carrying apparently was a Portuguese translation of Catch 22. For whatever reason Penny has a bunch of Portuguese people are looking for Desmond.

And yeah, something tells me Sayid will be able to get the sat phone to work.