Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19
    Tonight she hoists a flagon and feasts on eternal boar in Valhalla. My thoughts are with ya.

Coming out of lurking

Greetings TGR,

I would like to think that Brit thought of me as a friend. I am not a powderhound, but I have been lurking on this site because of the strong response to Brit. This community has been so wonderful that it makes me want to meet many of you. I suppose I will at the funeral.

To give some context, I am Tigerstripe/James' girlfriend, and was Doug and Brit's neighbor for a while.

I have so much to say, but I am still gathering my broken thoughts. I know I'll post more later.

I'm so kicking myself right now for not having better archiving skills.

Psyche

Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    Greetings TGR,

I would like to think that Brit thought of me as a friend. I am not a powderhound, but I have been lurking on this site because of the strong response to Brit. This community has been so wonderful that it makes me want to meet many of you. I suppose I will at the funeral.
    welcome to the community... I think you already know what we're really about - snow or not, we're a group bound by friendship and many shared interests, and always pull together to help each other when needed - especially in a time like this, enjoy the outdoors and just have fun with good people.

The utah crew in particular is a good one - so I hope we do get to meet you sometime, but under better circumstances.

Meanwhile, I'm sure brit is smiling on you as a friend...after all, you're there for D. right now.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

i've been at a total loss for words. Serious condolences and skiing is the best therapist imho. RIP.

I just read this, and am sitting here shocked. I often wondered if DW was someone I or friends of mine went caving with when in Ut.

If there is anything I can do, lend an ear, give a place to stay if you need to get away, I'd be glad to, and clearly so is this community. Save your strength, use ours when you need it.

Vibes to you man.

Oh my goodness.....as tears roll down my face I can hardly type. My heart just sank and I feel your loss Doug. As you spend time on here and share pictures and experiences, you feel the tight community and feel like you have friends afar. I do not get to check TGR as often as I like so this heartfelt message is a little late but I send my condolences to you, friends and her loving family.

I'm at a loss for words. You and all those affected are in my thoughts. Be strong.

God bless

+++++++++++++++++++

moustache
    Ced T-F

Moment of silence for DW. Rest in peace in that endless powder stash in the sky. I've heard it's all 2&#37; water content up there, and every day is a two-food bluebird.

Positive vibes, shmoe. I don't know you, but get through this - the community can't afford to lose two people who are cared for so much.

May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind always be at your back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So sorry for your loss.

Remember her at her best.
    I should want to cook him a simple meal, but I shouldn't want to cut into him, to tear the flesh, to wear the flesh, to be born unto new worlds where his flesh becomes my key.

Doug

Long time lurker, occasional poster (under a different alias), here.

I would like to echo what Monique wrote earlier. I'd bet dollars to donuts that having your support on her side made a world of difference to your wife. It sounds like you were instrumental in showing her the beauty in the world: backcountry exploring, a loving partner, a home, stability, even a puppydog. You did good.

She did good, too. I've enjoyed her posts here. What a woman.

Sounds to me like you both did your best.

Please be gentle with yourself. As others have said, don't sweat the fiscal stuff right now. House, car, etc., can wait. Making sense of what happened can wait. Just take extra good care of yourself now, even if it makes no sense to do so.

And I'd like to echo WhiteLight: I hope the small measure of financial support from this collective will at least buy you a little time not to make any big decisions like selling your home when you're not in shape to be weighing the options. Your mind and heart are preoccupied with much more important things right now. We are thinking about you and standing beside you every minute.
    I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.

Brit was a fine person and I'd love to honor her memory. She was a fine person.

RIP Brit, all the universe's love, compassion, grace, and peace to you and Doug.

Good times with the three of us last summer at the Bird:

SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Hang in there schmoe

I'm so sorry

+++++++++++++++++

So, so sorry to hear this.

Huge condolences for your loss

I am so sorry for you and right now I've stopped everything to pray for your lovely wife. She must have been really sad to leave. I'm so sorry and speechless.

Doug, I just want to let you know that you are not alone. I have not been able to stop thinking about you and your wife since reading this days ago. Even though we have never met I am so saddened for you. I know many others feel the same way, 27,000 people have read this, people care so much. I will be unable to attend the services on Monday, but I want you to know I will be thinking deeply of you and Britney and so will many, many others. If you ever want to come up to Snowbasin I will gladly buy you a lift ticket anytime just PM me. If you would like to vent to a stranger, perhaps there are things you are unable to say to family and friends, I could lend you a sympathetic ear on the lift ride. I just wanted to let you know that many people are thinking of you and Britney. I caught two sweet airs while thinking of her yesterday and I think she dug it. Sent with peace and love.

Smoesmith, I just got on the forum today... it's been a little over a week since i have posted anything. To come to the forum and read this ... I must say is a little overwhelming for me. I'm so sorry for your loss!

I will never forget the day you and your wife took the time out of your christmas eve to bring gifts to a complete stranger... To go out of your way and do what you did for someone that you did not know takes a huge heart! May we all be more like you! Your in our prayers!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    bump for her
    and for another og mag whose handle i cant recall right now
    and wishes for the help that's here, within this small community and other places out there in a larger community
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Arm Chair Extreme?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.