41 34.75%
  • Five-second rule

43 36.44%
  • If you don't die, it counts.

34 28.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    and less brains.. funny how that works
    Which is exactly why you'll never see me on a ski movie highlight reel... Brain's definitely winning out over balls, which is why i'm still alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    So there I was McGoverning down the mountain but I McConkeyed the hell out of a Morrison and landed on my Harrisons. Just then I Skogened off a Tuffelmire but hit my McMurray into a Holmes. As I came to the Burke I Steele Spenced over a Moles and stopped on a Krietler. Then I saw Gaffney, and then two Gaffneys, but they Moseleyed me into a Hall. So I said, "Pep!!" and Saged on out of that Thovex.
    Poetry, on motion.

I heard Carrs huck was actually measured in yards.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    armchair quarterbacking is so hot right now.

unless you are throwing down mega hucks, then you have no grounds to judge those that are.
    Even Tiger Woods has a golf coach. I would like to hear him say to Butch Harmon, "fuck off, you can't hit a 330 yard drive."

Criticism is fine if supported by sound reasoning and a severely checked ego, i.e. knowing that although we may give Pierre some shit, no one here has the beanbag to step up the way he did.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    I heard Carrs huck was actually measured in yards.
    Only Obernhard uses 'the yards'.

"Last month, Mr. Coombs slipped off a cliff and fell 490 feet to his death." why wouldn't he get the record for biggest drop on skis? it took way more skill for him just to ski down to the top of cliff and fall off than for Pierre to jump off his. I agree it takes major balls to pull a stunt like that but nothing else, where is the skill? someone who has never been on skis in their life could pull it off as well as he did. In fact I would have more respect for someone who did it on their first day skiing so long as they were not dumb enough to do it with a wife and newborn child waiting at home, praying that he fails in his suicide attempt.

Question... Were his skis still attached, even though he was upside down?

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    armchair quarterbacking is so hot right now.

unless you are throwing down mega hucks, then you have no grounds to judge those that are.
    people can still think its pretty stupid and not really worthy of anything more than:

"wow, what a dumbshit. he landed on his head"

Quote Originally Posted by KansasBoarder View Post
    Actually, I'm not sure that he would be credited.

Although the Guinness book of World Records lists Lynn Nolan Ryan as the world's fastest pitcher (for a 100.9 mph pitch thrown at Anaheim Stadium in California on August 20, 1974), Baseball Almanac admits that Bob Feller is credited to have thrown a 107.9 mph pitch in 1946 at Griffith Stadium. Estimates of what other pitchers have thrown inch towards 110mph according to the almanac. Is it not reasonable to assume that some unknown or even a known before radar could have pitched 121, 130, or even higher?
    Yeah, you know all those pitchers before radar guns threw 30% harder than anybody since.....? It takes talent and skill to throw a baseball 100mph. It doesn't take anything to throw yourself off a cliff.

I say you got to land it to count it.

Depends how big it is. If you backslap a little but bounce up and ski out pretty clean that's fine. A long ragdoll is a no even if you bounce back onto your feet and ski away, although that's really cool if you do. The more clean you are the more you can claim it.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Gotta stomp it to count it in my book
    "JONG!!!!!" is the sound a lift tower makes when a gaper runs into it.
    -Observed at Brighton, UT

Days on snow 2007/2008 season
    Backcountry: 11
    Lift served: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Depends how big it is. If you backslap a little but bounce up and ski out pretty clean that's fine. A long ragdoll is a no even if you bounce back onto your feet and ski away, although that's really cool if you do. The more clean you are the more you can claim it.
    I tend to agree with you on the backslap bit, unless the skier is intentionaly going for a backslap landing. intentional backslaps are lame because the skier isnt even trying to stomp the landing.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    people can still think its pretty stupid and not really worthy of anything more than:

"wow, what a dumbshit. he landed on his head"
    Why do you insist on hating on everyone who has done shit you're too pussy to do? Fuckin' neverwas quarterback.

If you don't brag about it over the internet the next day then it doesn't count!

GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYY!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Why do you insist on hating on everyone who has done shit you're too pussy to do? Fuckin' neverwas quarterback.
    -points on your originality score

not wanting to drop 200ft + and landing on my head has nothing to do with being a pussy. Id rather live out my years skiing for fun rather than risking my neck trying to gain the respect of clueless wonders like you.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    -points on your originality score

not wanting to drop 200ft + and landing on my head has nothing to do with being a pussy. Id rather live out my years skiing for fun rather than risking my neck trying to gain the respect of clueless wonders like you.
    JP landed on his head proving it was safe. You're just a pussy.

JP landed on his head proving it was safe. You're just a pussy.
    JP got lucky. Ive got too much going for me outside of skiing to be that much of a dumbshit. if in a JR high kind of way that makes me a pussy, so be it. speaking of pussies, you need to post up some more of those 80 ft'ers you hit

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Even Tiger Woods has a golf coach. I would like to hear him say to Butch Harmon, "fuck off, you can't hit a 330 yard drive."
    he did tell harmon to fuck off thats why his new coach is hank haney. Apparently Butch couldn't keep his trap shut about how great a coach he was which is why tiger fired him
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

I'm totally pulling this from a memory that isn't clear and I've lost the movie... so I can't check to see for sure. Didn't Scott Schmidt say in "The Scott Schmidt Story" something to the effect of... You don't have to land on your feet and ride away. If you land without loosing gear and without getting hurt, your experience was successful. <----(I could be waaaay off on that paraphrase) Falling off accidentally wouldn't count because you didn't plan it and didn't jump it... you fell. Stomping it gives you the right to claim that you stomped it clean and rode away. Not riding out; but, still dropping it planned and walking away unharmed with gear intact would still count. JP's huck may not be the record for a STOMPED CLEAN drop; but, it is the record for the biggest drop. He planned it, waited for it, hucked it, had a few wind factors that spun him; but, still walked away without getting hurt. If someone can drop 245' and stomp it clean, I guess that would be the record for the biggest air stomped clean... but I think it would still be a very subjective decision as to what a clean stomp is.