Binding mounting issues

I recently mounted my first pair of bindings. All seemed to go well until the next day when i noticed a few small dimples on the bottom of my sexy new mantras. Not all the screw holes were affected... just a few. These dimples were not there when i put them away after the mount so I suspect it is the glue i used (Gorilla Glue-- foaming action?). Has anyone had any similar issues with GG? Is there any fix to this? Would a hot wax do the trick or do i have to pull out and shorten the screws?

Gorilla glue expands. I would doubt that it would do that though....maybe.

There are three ways to fix it. All included taking the bindings off.

1-This is the most rudimentary way. Get a flat piece of metal and put it on the bumps. Hit the metal with a hammer.

2-Slowly heat the bases up with a waxing iron. Without the screws in there, the dimples will sometimes go back in. Low heat, it doesn't have to be that hot. If you see existing wax starting to smoke, you are getting it borderline too hot.

3-The preferred way. Get them stone ground. If they are new, they need this anyway. This is the way shops will use because customers can't see any evidence of the bumps afterwards. They will sometimes use this in combination with the other 2 methods. I would start with the waxing iron method but don't burn your bases.

Judging by your screen name, you mounted tele bindings. Tele screws can be a little longer than alpine screws so check the length of the screw in the binding against the sidewall of the ski to make sure you don't have to grind the screws down a touch. I mounted some black Mantras last year with Bombers and had to grind the screws down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

They are the black mantras mounted with Hammerheads (so probably almost identical to your bomber mount). I didn't grind down the screws however. What is weird is that not all of the mount locations are showing signs of these little mole hills. I think tonight i am going to shorten the screws and try the wax iron technique. These things need to be rolling by this weekend. Perhaps a base grind this summer if it just keeps bugging me. Thanks! Anyone else have any other advice?