"Cabareefer Madness" windsurfing video

Just having some fun making gaper videos... A few friends and myself were in Cabarete, DR a couple years ago to sail there. It's a gnarly shorebreak, but some great waves once you're through. It's a very popular place and lots of action. I'd highly recommend it if you're a capable waterstarter/swimmer! Bob had a lot of fun (in spite of how it looks!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOivHLa9ZE
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

No doubt the DR is a nice spot, especially if you surf AND windsurf or kiteboard, as the surf is good but unfortunately the trades blow it out every day by noon, with little to no evening glass off until after dark.

I went there for a surf trip, and it was good. Down time sure was fun to sit back with a beer or mamajuana in hand mid-afternoon during the trades and watch naked european women stroll the beach and do photoshoots, and laugh at the gaper kiteboarders (which I would be considering I never have done it) get hauled around on the beach by their kites, dragging their boards headfirst into the water, and getting worked (it looked quite hard)!!!
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman