Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Well, it hasn't snowed huge this year, but we're still skiing pow here in Utah days after the last storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRun View Post
    Actually Highlands, CB and Silverton are on the potential hit list. I'm just not a big fan of the bulk of the CO resorts.

I have two weeks to figure this one out then it's a month + on the road....so the more reports the better....
    That's okay, we don't want you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    yeah, you wouldnt want to come here. We have had real poor snow and the low angle stuff at highlands is really boring me.
    psst 40 degrees is low angle

Quote Originally Posted by GreenRun View Post
    That's b/c I'm not a big fan of low angle skiing and 8" storms. I'm looking for the chest deep on steep pitches.
    You're core. Don't come here, CO is for shitty skiers and skiing shittier resorts.

You sure are picky for not having anything where you are. You should probably just bring out your carving skis and practice your turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    There's no snow in Colorado... just cactus and cattle
    Actually most of the cattle died from the last storms, so now we are just left with cactus.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

The guy who runs this site does a good job tracking snowfall at areas around the US and Canada: http://members.aol.com/crockeraf/

Click on the link for 2006-2007 Season Progress in the lefthand frame.

Thumbs down

Don't bother with Washington, all we ever get is rain. And whatever you do don't check out the snowpack at Aplental, Baker, or Crystal. Weak sauce.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The guy who runs this site does a good job tracking snowfall at areas around the US and Canada: http://members.aol.com/crockeraf/

Fuck that guy. He didn't even include Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Fuck that guy. He didn't even include Wisconsin.
    He figured you cheeseheads could just look out your window and get a pretty good idea of conditions

Good link. It quantifies the pain. Know your enemey and all that.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    He figured you cheeseheads could just look out your window and get a pretty good idea of conditions
    Oh no, in Chicago, we get to travel to those beauties.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Well, it hasn't snowed huge this year, but we're still skiing pow here in Utah days after the last storm.
    Not trying to be rude here, but if it were a "normal" Utah pow day you could not ski in sunglasses On another depressing note, 15 day forecasts for Utah arent showing a single snowflake.
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Not trying to be rude here, but if it were a "normal" Utah pow day you could not ski in sunglasses On another depressing note, 15 day forecasts for Utah arent showing a single snowflake.

Are you looking at accuweather or some shit like that? The NWS long range forecasts show a small storm next week and possibly something big in two weeks as of this morning. Of course, that doesn't mean shit, since anything long term is so unreliable. I've come over to the side of being optimistic. I think things will change in February. It may not be epic, but good god, anything will seem epic after this crap. In the meantime, I'm poking around, looking for snow, and going to see places I haven't been before.

Quote Originally Posted by skiski View Post
    Are you looking at accuweather or some shit like that? The NWS long range forecasts show a small storm next week and possibly something big in two weeks as of this morning. Of course, that doesn't mean shit, since anything long term is so unreliable. I've come over to the side of being optimistic. I think things will change in February. It may not be epic, but good god, anything will seem epic after this crap. In the meantime, I'm poking around, looking for snow, and going to see places I haven't been before.
    "Yes" I am looking at Accuweather, among others. And I do realize how unreliable long term forecasts are. But unreliable means it could also show a bunch of storms that dont show up. Just seeing some snowflakes in the forecast would help keep me going. Whether they show up or not is a different story entirely. And "yes" anything will seem epic after this crap

Quote Originally Posted by skiski View Post
    hahaha, fuck i don't even care anymore. i will second the accuweather thumbs down. they are about as accurate as a 1950's weather forecast in seattle.....which has about a 2% chance of being right.

Ya lillies, wot a bunch of fucking weak kneed sissy boys!

Extremes equal out into averages. When the pendulum swings back to wet for us to catch up,

look out.

Meanwhile, I went Mtn Biking today. Imagine riding in shorts in Montana in late Jan. The day was glorious.

Fuck it.

just back from JH, and no snow, wicked cold, and (surprisingly), it was OK 9better than Tahoe). actually, you need to hit the BC in JH: we toured out the gates to the four pines area and found some decent snow.

we canceled the MT leg of the trip due to no-snow, but maybe its snowing up there now?

The Midwest should be left out because only a small handful of hills actually rely on natural snow. It was just hellawarm late December/early January and the hills couldn't make snow.

Mt. Bohemia, which completely relys on natural snow, and is in a good snowbelt, hasn't even opened this season. When January 27th is your opening day, that is bad...

Do you have a roof rack for the 87 Iroc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Do you have a roof rack for the 87 Iroc?

The 'ROC will be in the garage...the 4runner w/the roof box will be the condo on wheels for this trip. If I can find any snow.

~15 days to departure

OVERALL HEMISPHERIC PATTERN IS FAIRLY STABLE AND DO NOT SEE MUCH IF ANY POTENTIAL FOR A PATTERN CHANGE THROUGH THE NEXT 10 DAYS OR SO.

Montana= Dry = Worst year in at least five years.

Take a look at these, they will give you a nice happy feeling (not).....
    http://www.avalanche.org/~uac/photos...20Tremper.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by evtic View Post
    Montana= Dry = Worst year in at least five years.

Only on the east side of the divide. West is doing ok... ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/snow/update/mt.txt

The 2004-05 season was way worse out west.