Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 380

Thread: Metal

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    well, Bury your Dead dissappointed, their new singer is not as good, and all the breakdowns sounded similar
    Bury your Dead is from Worcester, what do you expect?? I also thought their performance was crappy when I saw them at locobazooka a few years back, even with the old singer. The guy lost his voice after the first two songs.

    ----

    The new IN FLAMES album is out as of this week. You can listen to the entire thing on their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/inflames

    Not sure why they would give it away for free, but hey, free metal!

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Convergence Zone,WA
    Posts
    396
    36 Crazyfists,
    A Black Rose Burial,
    A Dozen Furies,
    A Thorn For Every Heart,
    Aborted,
    The Acacia Strain,
    A Day To Remember,
    Aeon,
    The Agonist,
    Alesana,
    All Hell Breaks Loose,
    All Shall Perish,
    All That Remains,
    American Nightmare,
    Anima Damnata,
    Anorexia Nervosa,
    Armor For Sleep,
    As Blood Runs Black,
    Back After Dawn,
    Bane,
    Bayside,
    Behemoth,
    Beneath The Massacre,
    Bleeding Through,
    Bloodshoteye,
    Breaking Benjamin,
    Bring Me The Horizon,
    Bullet For My Valentine,
    Burning Skies,
    Burnt By The Sun,
    Camilla Rhodes,
    Cannibal Corpse,
    Captain Dan And The Scurvy Crew,
    Children Of Bodom,
    The County Medical Examiners,
    Cryptopsy,
    Dth,
    Deicide,
    Despised Icon,
    DevilDriver,
    Dimmu Borgir,
    Disrupt,
    Divine Heresy,
    Dry Kill Logic,
    Embalmer,
    Embrace The End,
    Emmure,
    Escape The Fate,
    Eyes Set To Kill,
    Flaw,
    From First To Last,
    Five Finger Death Punch,
    Four Year Strong,
    General Surgery,
    Gizmachi,
    Glass Casket,
    Good Clean Fun,
    Gorerotted,
    Gorgasm,
    Graf Orlock,
    Gutted With Broken Glass,
    Gwen Stacy,
    Halifax,
    Hawthorne Heights,
    Hidden In Plain View,
    I Am Ghost,
    I Killed The Prom Queen,
    Immolation,
    Into The Moat,
    Ion Dissonance,
    Job For A Cowboy,
    Kid Dynamite,
    KillWhitneyDead,
    Kreator,
    Leng Tch'e,
    Lifetime,
    Light This City,
    Lupara,
    Macabre,
    mc chris,
    Motion City Soundtrack,
    Motograter,
    Nasum,
    Nodes Of Ranvier,
    Nothingface,
    The Number Twelve Looks Like You,
    Origin,
    Phobia,
    Profanation,
    Protest The Hero,
    The Red Death,
    Reveille,
    Shai Hulud,
    Silverstein,
    Simon Says,
    Slipknot,
    Static-X,
    Straylight Run,
    Suffocation,
    The Used,
    Waking The Cadaver,
    Walls Of Jericho,
    Warface,
    Watchmaker,
    Whitechapel,
    Zimmers Hole

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dddenver
    Posts
    284
    aren't those all really the same band?

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the edge of wuss cliff
    Posts
    17,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
    36 Crazyfists,
    A Black Rose Burial,
    A Dozen Furies,
    A Thorn For Every Heart,
    Aborted,
    The Acacia Strain,
    A Day To Remember,
    Aeon,
    The Agonist,
    Alesana,
    All Hell Breaks Loose,
    All Shall Perish,
    All That Remains,
    American Nightmare,
    Anima Damnata,
    Anorexia Nervosa,
    Armor For Sleep,
    As Blood Runs Black,
    Back After Dawn,
    Bane,
    Bayside,
    Behemoth,
    Beneath The Massacre,
    Bleeding Through,
    Bloodshoteye,
    Breaking Benjamin,
    Bring Me The Horizon,
    Bullet For My Valentine,
    Burning Skies,
    Burnt By The Sun,
    Camilla Rhodes,
    Cannibal Corpse,
    Captain Dan And The Scurvy Crew,
    Children Of Bodom,
    The County Medical Examiners,
    Cryptopsy,
    Dth,
    Deicide,
    Despised Icon,
    DevilDriver,
    Dimmu Borgir,
    Disrupt,
    Divine Heresy,
    Dry Kill Logic,
    Embalmer,
    Embrace The End,
    Emmure,
    Escape The Fate,
    Eyes Set To Kill,
    Flaw,
    From First To Last,
    Five Finger Death Punch,
    Four Year Strong,
    General Surgery,
    Gizmachi,
    Glass Casket,
    Good Clean Fun,
    Gorerotted,
    Gorgasm,
    Graf Orlock,
    Gutted With Broken Glass,
    Gwen Stacy,
    Halifax,
    Hawthorne Heights,
    Hidden In Plain View,
    I Am Ghost,
    I Killed The Prom Queen,
    Immolation,
    Into The Moat,
    Ion Dissonance,
    Job For A Cowboy,
    Kid Dynamite,
    KillWhitneyDead,
    Kreator,
    Leng Tch'e,
    Lifetime,
    Light This City,
    Lupara,
    Macabre,
    mc chris,
    Motion City Soundtrack,
    Motograter,
    Nasum,
    Nodes Of Ranvier,
    Nothingface,
    The Number Twelve Looks Like You,
    Origin,
    Phobia,
    Profanation,
    Protest The Hero,
    The Red Death,
    Reveille,
    Shai Hulud,
    Silverstein,
    Simon Says,
    Slipknot,
    Static-X,
    Straylight Run,
    Suffocation,
    The Used,
    Waking The Cadaver,
    Walls Of Jericho,
    Warface,
    Watchmaker,
    Whitechapel,
    Zimmers Hole
    Pretty much all those bands are poserfag bands with the exception of Suffocation, early Deicide, Immolation and Macabre (although they are a joke band, they are a funny joke band). General surgury sucked compared to Dismember. And Shitknot and Dummy Burger are beyond gay. I'm surprised you didn't include Cradle of Fags. And aren't Breaking Benjamin a top 40 pop band? What - do you buy all your music at Best Buy?

  5. #80
    adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    3,560
    Disrupt, Nasum, Phobia, and Zimmers Hole are good. But I don't think its possible to like such good bands next to such horrible bands. So maybe he just googled metal or something.
    Last edited by adam; 04-06-2008 at 04:56 PM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,625
    most of the bands on that list are fagcore
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    498
    bane is on that list.

    can we start again?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the edge of wuss cliff
    Posts
    17,328

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,625
    its extracurriculariffic!
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

  10. #85
    adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    3,560
    truly a classic.

    deli-style

    jugga jiggga wugga

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Convergence Zone,WA
    Posts
    396
    That list was sent to me by a friend of mine. I posted it to get a mag reaction. And a reaction I wasn't surprised by. I'm not into the nu-fag metal either. I grew up listening to Bathory, Venom, Kreator etc.

    currently listening to:

    Goatwhore-A haunting curse
    Summon-Fallen
    Dissection-Live Legacy
    Enthroned-Xes Haerecticum
    Hypocrisy-Penetralia
    In Memorium-From Misery Comes Darkness (Seattle)
    Serpens Eon-Dawn of Koutal (Seattle)
    Blood Red Throne-Affiliated with Suffering
    Decapitated-Negation (R.I.P.)
    Blood Bath-Resurection through Carnage
    Thy Primordial-The Crowning Carnage
    The Crown- Eternal Death
    Naglfar-Ex-Infernis
    Necrophobic-Bloodhymns

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    498
    i've been listening to lots of goatsnake lately.

    i've seen goatwhore and the crown both live. the crown definitely impressed more than goatwhore.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,723
    Four pages and no one listens to Clutch, sad state of affairs here.

    Any of you old school headbangers that like Sabbath, Zeppelin, Metalica, should pick up some Clutch, there isn't really anything like it and they are truly a rockin band.

    If you're a drummer definately get some of their music.
    All stunts performed without a net!

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the edge of wuss cliff
    Posts
    17,328
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    Four pages and no one listens to Clutch, sad state of affairs here.

    Any of you old school headbangers that like Sabbath, Zeppelin, Metalica, should pick up some Clutch, there isn't really anything like it and they are truly a rockin band.

    If you're a drummer definately get some of their music.
    Clutch are great, but they're not metal.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by damn texan View Post
    adam, check this venue out if you haven't already. best metal venue in dtown. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=155760136
    Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus View Post
    kingdom of doom rules

    RIP
    The KOD is no more, police raid during nun slaughter last friday, many arrests, the people who ran the place are getting raped due to the rave act

    I am super bummed its closed, this means way less good shows in denver

    It was such a cool space:




    Last edited by nick > jesus; 04-14-2008 at 09:17 PM.
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    498
    man, they police are completely destroying the DIY scene in denver right now.

    sox's place got shut down earlier this year. monkey mania got shutdown last week. kingdom is now shutdown. last night at the underground, the cops went and talked to the business owners across the street. i have a feeling that venue won't last much longer either.

    glad I am moving in a year.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    498
    what small venues remain in denver?

    i can think of the climax lounge, larimer lounge, underground, hidive, & marquis. are there anymore?
    Last edited by damn texan; 04-15-2008 at 01:29 PM.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by damn texan View Post
    what small venues remain in denver?

    i can think of the climax lounge, larimer lounge, underground, hidive, & marquis. are there anymore?
    blast-o-mat is left, though they dont host that many shows anymore, and the junkyard and bar bar
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    498
    anyone going to see the sword on saturday? bluebird.

  20. #95
    adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    3,560
    I'm just posting here to say how much I love Nile.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    498
    king diamond is tonight. i might go.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    719
    I just saw Opeth in Spokane last night, it was quite possibly the best concert I have been to. Heir Apparent might also be the heaviest song they've ever written, it was fucking insane live.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lebanon, NH
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma View Post
    I just saw Opeth in Spokane last night, it was quite possibly the best concert I have been to. Heir Apparent might also be the heaviest song they've ever written, it was fucking insane live.
    With the Prognation tour? If so, what was there set list?

    Seeing them next week in Boston. So pumped. BTBAM and Opeth rule...

    Also, Heir Apparent is quite sick. Actually, all of Watershed is pretty freakin' awesome.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    719
    The set list was:

    Demon of the Fall
    Master's Apprentices
    Baying of the Hounds
    In My Time of Need
    Serenity Painted Death
    Wreath
    To Rid the Disease
    Heir Apparent
    The Drapery Falls (encore)

    It was definitely a heavy set, I loved it. The only bad part was that I don't really think Fredrick is an adequate replacement for Peter. Maybe he just needs to get to know the songs better, but he just wasn't as dialed as the rest of the band.

  25. #100
    adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    3,560
    akercocke (blackened death metal)
    blotted science (instrumental jazz fusion death metal)
    Clinging to the trees of a forest fire (local grindcore)
    cryptopsy (technical death metal)
    Funeral Mist (black metal, this band is scary to listen to in a good way)
    Negura Bunget (atmospheric black metal)
    Vader (death metal)
    Vomitory (death metal)

Similar Threads

  1. Topsheet/Exposed Metal Question
    By scarz111 in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 04:54 PM
  2. Metal: A Headbanger's Journey (Documentary, NSR)
    By jryoung in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 07:13 PM
  3. Voile strap with metal buckle?
    By upallnight in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 11:34 PM
  4. 80's Metal Score - on Vinyl
    By SJP in forum MUSIC, BOOKS, MOVIES
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 09:33 PM
  5. Alka's Metal Bands (cause no one else is talking 'bout them.)
    By Alkasquawlik in forum MUSIC, BOOKS, MOVIES
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •