Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    Sometimes an ice cold Coors original can't be beat. Other than that I have been really digging on everything by the Ska Brewing company.
    I'll second this! Coors original is an eternal classic.

Also dig the Dales, and I've seen Sierra Nevada in cans lately too.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Heady Topper, a good beer with great marketing.

Get over yourselves, there are dozens of IPA's that are just as good if not better.
    It must be summer?

What is Heady's marketing? I've never seen one thing from them. The hype is crazy, but so is the hype for Pliny...which is really good also.

The IPA thread in the padded room is similar to this one.

edit - Coors is natzi rat piss. That's the worst kinda piss just so you know.

Hugh Conway Guest
    well, there've been various recs for non-nerd beers in this thread and only minimal passive aggressive pissing matches, yet, so it's got that.

In a can, surly furious is pretty freaking good. If it were brewed in NorCal, it'd have the hype of Pliny.

Just saw some Ballast Point Pale Ale (formerly known as their Yellowtail Ale, but now it's just Pale Ale) in cans here in San Diego.

Ballast is brewed in San Diego so not sure how widespread this availability is yet. Hope it comes up to NorCal though as it's one of my favorites.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Just saw some Ballast Point Pale Ale (formerly known as their Yellowtail Ale, but now it's just Pale Ale) in cans here in San Diego.

Ballast is brewed in San Diego so not sure how widespread this availability is yet. Hope it comes up to NorCal though as it's one of my favorites.
    Hey! It's Tyrone!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

All the Ska brews are good but Modus is the best beer that I enjoy drinking from a can on a regular basis. It might not be the best canned beer but it was here before most all of the latecomers and I now have a taste for it. I prefer cans anytime I am outside of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hey! It's Tyrone!

And like a snow leopard he disappears back into the wilderness.

As for good beers in the can I'm partial to Pork Slaps, Brooklyn Summers, Moo Thunder, 'Poon IPA, Lost Sailor and of course I love Heady T's but fuck the bullshit it takes to get some nowadays.

Loving the can craze though.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hey! It's Tyrone!
    haha...what's up B. Yes it is me. I do check in once in awhile
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

SanTan Brewing from Chandler, AZ makes some pretty good beers in cans (Devil's Ale, Hop Shock or Epicenter ales). Much as it grieves me to admit that any good could come out of Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    well, there've been various recs for non-nerd beers in this thread and only minimal passive aggressive pissing matches, yet, so it's got that.

In a can, surly furious is pretty freaking good. If it were brewed in NorCal, it'd have the hype of Pliny.

Surly Furious makes my penis cry. If you don't like that shit, then you are a Nazi that sometimes rapes other Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Heady Topper, a good beer with great marketing.

Get over yourselves, there are dozens of IPA's that are just as good if not better.
    Would rather drink stale bongwater.

With summer coming I've seen a huge influx of micro cans in the last couple weeks. A new one (for me) I picked up last week was Uinta's Hop Notch.

If it says hop notch, I'm pretty sure it's >2 months old at least, now it's hop nosh.

Descender is still probably my favorite can that I pick up semi regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    If it says hop notch, I'm pretty sure it's >2 months old at least, now it's hop nosh.
    Correct. Hop Nosh.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbssco View Post
    Surly Furious makes my penis cry. If you don't like that shit, then you are a Nazi that sometimes rapes other Nazis.
    Surly sponsors one of the best master's ultimate teams in the country. After being ass-kicked by them, they gave us beers. I like Surly.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Would rather drink stale bongwater.
    Lol, get the fuck out.

I'm sure this has been mentioned but Sierra Nevada Torpedo is pretty damn good. And yes it comes in a can.

I love Torpedo, but what do you think makes it an "Extra" IPA?

and riser3, please feel free to drink any bongwater you please. I'll choose the beer.

I think SN is just riffing on the "bitter" vs. "extra special bitter" theme by calling Torpedo an Extra IPA. Stronger, hoppier than a standard IPA.

this is really good also. same hops as used in the headys

The Uinta Detour is good also...but not in a can that I've seen.

Surly's brewery is only a few miles from me. Good stuff. I like their "Overrated" and "Abrasive" too, although there's something in Abrasive that makes me violently poop. Yup...that's right.

Indeed Brewing makes a couple others I dig -- "Daytripper" and "Let It Ride".

I prefer stuff in cans these days.

Oh...and PBR -- Hipster Swill. I just don't get it. Tastes like shit. Always has. Lifestyle piss. LOOK AT ME!!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    In a can, surly furious is pretty freaking good.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbssco View Post
    Surly Furious makes my penis cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Surly sponsors one of the best master's ultimate teams in the country. After being ass-kicked by them, they gave us beers. I like Surly.
    Damn, I need to track some Surly Furious down on the next trip to the in-laws.
    I always like Oskar Blues stuff, all of the above. The Mama's is good lawnmower beer, but OC in a can is cheaper and better for lawnmowing.
    Old Chub, Dale's and Deviant Dales are my 3 favs. And Upslope's beers are good cans too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

I had a six pack of Back East Porter in cans the other day. I hadn't heard of it before, but liked it a lot. It wasn't extreme tasting in any way, but just a nice solid porter from a can.

Just came back from CO with some Gub'na (my old high point stand by), Modus (as mentioned, one of the OG cans and still very much a favorite) and some Palisade Brewing Hula Hopper Session IPA. I gotta say, I am enjoying the shit out of the session IPA. I can get all the hoppy, bitter, fruity goodness from a 4.8% beer. Great for weekend day drinking/chore handling.

On my last visit for cold bomber pickup, I heard that Epic is going to start canning in CO and shipping back to UT. I think starting with Escape to CO IPA. Much excitement.

Heinekin?! Heinekin is shit! PABST BLUE RIBBON!
    More cowbell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Lol, get the fuck out.

I'm sure this has been mentioned but Sierra Nevada Torpedo is pretty damn good. And yes it comes in a can.

I can't really drink too much of their regular Pale Ale out of bottle or out of a tap, but think it's delicious out of a can. It tastes crisper out of a can.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.