Thumbs up kayaking the sesia river, italy

so i randomly met a very cool dude this winter while skiing in alagna. at first, i just figured him a very friendly little irish fella until we get to talking, and he's actually a kayaking guide (and a pretty badass one at that). he's leading a trip on the sesia river in italy (which starts just above alagna), one of the last, wild runs in western europe.

anyways, the web-site for their trips is..

www.gene17kayaking.com

and check the 'piedmonte' trip and you'll fine more info about it and also about dave carroll (and his very cute, gf kim who helps out w/ the trip too). some u.s. kayakers may have come across dave in his travels and comps around vail, etc. great folks, and i'm sure if you hook up w/ them, it'll be pretty sweet.

sorry for the spam, but i thought it was worth a plug for a buddy, and it's not like i don't spend time here otherwise.

I how have another place I must go and paddle:

Piemonte home to the best Spring Runoff in Europe, with its smooth Granite Bedrock and Italian Cuisine, what more can you ask for after a day of steep slides than pizza and vino, "italiano prefecto"