Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Arrow PowderMaggot Tahoe Summit '04

Well FKNA its about that time of year again. Has it really been 2 years since the karaoke shenanigans, Super Saturday at Alta, and easyriders epic heated-truck-bound journey to the Utah Slummit? Has it already been an entire season since interior BC, a maggot's cat skiing op, and the pockets of Zero Ceiling was swarmed with maggots? Is it already nearly that time of year when 100+ maggots will swarm to Northern California March 5th - 15th for the 2004 PowderMaggot Tahoe Summit??? FKNA IT IS!!!!

Holeeey crap I had no idea what I was getting into when I volunteered to help with this thing back in July or something (hadda be the heat induced hallucinations)....but this focker's about to go down in little more than a week and a half!!! A FLOCKING WEEK!! Pretty soon, Heart Chute @ Kirkwood will be nothing more than a mere bump run. There will be a pain trains worth of maggots straightlining & hucking & wrecking & stomping the legendary lines @ Squaw. Pow will be schralped, lines will be slayed, beers pounded, cougars hunted, and ego's crushed. Old friends will reaquaint, new ones made, memories forged, and new places seen. It's going to be a freaking blast.

So w/o further adu....here's the dealio:

Itinerary/Schedule/where to go/where to be/whom to do, etc.
    Due to some scheduling conflicts....an apres party that was originally scheduled for Saturday, 3/13 at Hoss Hogg's in South Lake Tahoe needed to be moved to the opening weekend. Specifically, to Saturday, 3/6, which as a result has caused some needed tweaking of the beginning of the ski itinerary which is listed below.

And please remember, the ski itinerary is only meant as a guide....as I'm sure there will be splinter groups going whereever they want, whenever they want, because hell, if you're only going to be here for a few days, and want to go somewhere that's not on the schedule...by all mean's go. Don't let this little schedule dictate your entire trip......but keep in mind, if you want to ski with & meet a bunch of maggots, then following the itinerary below is probably the best way to do so.

And again the suggested meeting times are suggestions. I included both a morning and an afternoon time in the event that groups get split up, people are late, etc. etc.

Friday March 5th: Alpine Meadows
    On-hill Meeting Spot: 8:45 AM Base of Summit Six Chair
    Apres-ski: TBD

Saturday, March 6th: Squaw Valley
    On-hill Meeting Spot: 8:30 - 9:00 AM In front of Tram loading station for discount tickets
    Apres-ski: private Summit Opening Party at Hoss Hog's in South Lake Tahoe 9 PM - 2 AM.

Sunday, March 7th: Kirkwood
    On-hill meeting spot: Meeting spot will be in the Red Cliffs Lodge (which is where group sales is located) upstairs in the cafeteria (there's usually lots of open room near the bar where we can congregate). (Chair 10 @ 10 AM for the partiers )
    Apres-ski: Bub’s Sports Bar (4 PM-ish)

Monday, March 8th: Alpine Meadows
    On-hill meeting spot: 8:45 AM and Noon bottom of Summit Six Chair
    Apres-ski: TBD

Tuesday, March 9th: Kirkwood
    On-hill meeting spot: Meeting spot will be in the Red Cliffs Lodge (which is where group sales is located) upstairs in the cafeteria (there's usually lots of open room near the bar where we can congregate).
    Apres-ski: Battered Beaver Saloon (4 PM-ish)

Wednesday, March 10th: Kirkwood
    On-hill meeting spot: Meeting spot will be in the Red Cliffs Lodge (which is where group sales is located) upstairs in the cafeteria (there's usually lots of open room near the bar where we can congregate).
    Apres-ski: Battered Beaver Saloon (4 PM-ish)

Thursday, March 11th: Squaw Valley
    On-hill meeting spot: 8:30 - 9:00 AM In front of Tram loading station for discount tickets
    Apres-ski: Le Chamoix in the base village. Cool pizza joint with cheap beer. Maybe even catch a local pro. *cough**cough*Alkasquawlik*cough*

Friday, March 12th: Kirkwood
    Apres-ski: Battered Beaver Saloon (w/live music) -> Time TBD

Saturday, March 13th: Kirkwood
    Apres-ski: Bub's Sport's Bar (4 PM - ish)

Sunday, March 14th: Squaw Valley
    On-hill meeting spot: 8:30 - 9:00 AM In front of Tram loading station for discount tickets
    Apres-ski: Le Chamois in the Base Village 4 PM-ish; It's Alkasquawlik's 21st f-ing birthday!!!

Monday, March 15th: Alpine Meadows
    On-hill meeting spot: 8:45 AM and Noon at bottom of Summit Six chair
    Apres-ski: just go the hell home already!!!

Unfortunately, I’m not going to be able to ski most of the weekdays (traveling for work…might even be out of the country, which might be the safest place to be for these dates ). Therefore, soon I’ll add some suggested meeting spots at each resort to hook up with the maggot swarm.

The après-ski events will gradually be filled in over the next few days.

Attendees (as of Noon PST 3/2/04)
    altachic 3/6 - 3/7
    natty dread 3/6 - 3/7
    phUnk
    geoff
    powho
    Vtskibum 5th - 10th +1
    ubersheist
    SheRa
    kush 3/5 - 3/13 +3
    Snow_Dog 9th - 14th
    char 3/5 - 3/7
    joey bag'o donuts 3/11 - 3/12
    lumpy 11th - 15th
    Alex P. Keaton 3/5 - 3/13 + a few
    BobMc 3/12 - 3/14 + a few
    Schmear 3/12 - 3/13
    LegoSkier ALL; except 3/10
    Telenater 3/5 - 3/15
    board 5th - 8th
    Greydon Clark weekends
    Brown Monkey 3/6 - 3/16 +10
    Arty50 ALL
    Laght
    sssDave
    Skidawg 12th - 14th
    Grandpa Cletus ALL
    lph ALL
    Ditch 11th - 17th +2 or 3
    Z-BO ALL
    DJ-Sapp weekends?
    Endlesssseason 3/9 - 3/15
    watersnowdirt weekends
    1080rider 1st half +1
    Superstar Punani weekends
    Walter Sobchak ALL
    Teledave 10th - 15th
    tuffy109 weekends
    Alkasquawlik
    Thumper ALL
    Powstash +1
    Omen
    Flanker769 3/4 - 3/9 +3
    Snowsprite 3/10 - 3/15 +1
    gimpy
    Sheebz 3/6 - 3/9
    Carnivore 3/6 - 3/9
    spatters weekends
    britney
    PHXSNBDER
    Bullet weekends
    slim both weekends + maybe more +1
    skier666 weekends
    Clack weekends
    Splat ALL
    divegirl 3/5 - 3/15
    stoneywall
    Steeleman
    Tyrone Shoelaces most
    Crinkle
    Frozenwater? 3/6 - 3/7
    Meat's of Evil? 3/6 - 3/7
    bad_roo 3/6 - 3/16
    noodles 3/6 - 3/12 +1
    barnballs 3/12 - 3/14 +1
    kellie both weekends + maybe more
    antisocalskier 3/5 - 3/10 +1
    MT 3/5 - 3/8
    SponsoredByDuctTape 3/4 - 3/6
    Rehabit 3/6 - 3/13 +1
    Crash 3/10 - 3/15
    Mtn Man 3/10 - 3/15 +1
    grrrr "1st half" +1
    Crinkle ALL
    gincognito 3/6 - 3/13
    Viva 3/11-3/15
    irul&ublo Alpine dates
    up and down
    lunch "7-8 days"
    Thumper ALL
    funkendrenchman 3/11 - 3/15
    Red Baron 3/3 - 3/8 + a few
    Weibo ALL
    Nightpanda weekends
    acostiga 3/11 - 3/19 +4

-----Reserved for more upcoming TahoeSummit'04 brain dump-------

meanwhile....enjoy some Tahoe pics.

"Kodak" at Kirkwood (spinning skier = JD Thompson):

Eagles Nest at Squaw:

More Squaw (Headwall as viewed from KT-22)

Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 03-05-2004 at 04:14 PM.

some perspective on squaw and the surrounding area. Click on the image to -- ahem -- enlarge (heh heh, he said "enlarge")

I'd like to nominate this thread for sticky status. 2 weeks...
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Looking forward to being there in two weeks.
    Hey--if anyone's interested, Crash, ColdSmoke, and I, are doing Mammoth on Thursday the 11th. And if anyone feels like sharing a little local's perspective we could use it at Sierra on Friday.

Ty,
    Those Squaw pics look to be from a damn high snow season. Maybe I'm reading Squallywood too much but those pics make all that shiznit look "easy".

So, I have this song I've been listening to alot lately. It's called "Fast times in Tahoe". It was written and perfromed by a Kiwi band. (!)

I would like to nominate it to be part of the 04 summit soundtrack.
    I want to share it here, But it's a 5 meg MP3 file and this bulliten board won't accept it.

How can I get it out there for all to listen?

Angry

And what the heck does B.F.N.R. stand for anyway?

thanks

Originally posted by Endlessseason
    Looking forward to being there in two weeks.
    Hey--if anyone's interested, Crash, ColdSmoke, and I, are doing Mammoth on Thursday the 11th.
    Sweet. Where am I meeting you guys? It must be another Crash, I wish I'd be there though...

drC

Originally posted by Geoff

thanks
    I'm guessing "Brady Family..." something, something.

I'm looking to share a room with someone the nights of Thursday the 4th, Friday the 5th, and Saturday the 6th. Anyone, anyone? I posted this before, but I'll be in Mammoth on the 3rd if anyone wants to ski or needs a place to crash, or both.

Who's skiing on the 4th, 5th, 6th?

Originally posted by Geoff

thanks
    heh....I really don't know. Ask Innominatus....

<bump>
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

That saddle between the Palisades and Emigrant is where the Western States trail passes....four more months...
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Talking

Originally posted by Dr. Crash
    Sweet. Where am I meeting you guys? It must be another Crash, I wish I'd be there though...
    drC

Heh.

Dr. Crash--You be correct.
    The guy who's going with me (alias "Crash," without the Dr.) is actually a Dr.
    Now, I've been told that you have Dr. as part of your alias but actually do something besides doctoring for a living. This may or may not be the case but, either way, if both of you DO go to the Summit it should be easy for all of us to keep you straight: The Dr. Crash with the Dr. may not really be a Dr., but the Crash without the Dr. really is.

Originally posted by Endlessseason
    ...but the Crash without the Dr. really is.
    If dood's a plastic surgeon you can call him Dr Cash.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Ty - if you need any help with last minute phone calss, etc., gimme a call.

Also - what date and day of the week is the Battered Beaver Party? We should be booking the condo(s) above the bar soon.

Originally posted by splat
    Ty - if you need any help with last minute phone calss, etc., gimme a call.

Also - what date and day of the week is the Battered Beaver Party? We should be booking the condo(s) above the bar soon.
    I'll give you a call.

Battered Beaver bash is Friday, March 12th.

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    I'll give you a call.

Anybody who wants to stay in the schwankest condo in Kirkwood and not drive home that night should pm me:

Got ski in/out condos right above the bar that will go for $320 a night with beds for about eight and plenty of floor space. That's $40 a night for eight, $30 a night for ten. Two condos per floor, so if enough people want to stay slopeside, we can get two units on the same floor. Same price as any hotel in town with no driving a wicked road (especially if it snows) and chairs outside the door.

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    I'll give you a call.

Excellent! I'll be there for that!

I been hemming and hawing on this trip and now after looking at those pics of Squaw I'm crying and whining.

Maybe I'll buy a winning scratch ticket this week and be able to fly myself and a few other stragglers out at the last minute. Otherwise I'll just have to Hound Powder Vicariously through you doods. It's gonna go offski.

Originally posted by Pinner
    I been hemming and hawing on this trip and now after looking at those pics of Squaw I'm crying and whining.

Maybe I'll buy a winning scratch ticket this week and be able to fly myself and a few other stragglers out at the last minute. Otherwise I'll just have to Hound Powder Vicariously through you doods. It's gonna go offski.
    DON'T MAKE ME BEAT YOU!

Huh, dude... like two weeks....dude.........................
    No.

Originally posted by Pinner

Don't make ME beat you either....
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Battered Beaver Condos...

Splat, PM sent. Check it!
    bc-lovah

Re: Battered Beaver Condos...

Originally posted by divegirl
    Splat, PM sent. Check it!
    Same here.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

I gots my plane tickets in the mail. I used freakin' flyer miles. SO very stoked here. I'm going to be like "what's all this soft stuff?" and "how come it doesn't scrape when I turn?" Better yet...no need to turn!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Thumbs up

Thanks for the PM--Sierra's dialed for Friday the 12th.

We'll be sure to ask around for change while we're at Mammoth on Thursday.

As for Homewood, Kirkwood, Squaw, Northstar, and Diamond--Californy here we come!!!