Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thumbs up

Originally posted by tibaher
    what about a phone list for attendees?
    I'll have that out later this afternoon!!

All of the attendees that have confirmed with me up to this point have been added to the first post.

awwww man. no blurred at the summit. i wanted to see if he's as big an idiot as he sounds.

Double DAMN. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN.

Not like anyone really cares, but I can't attend the first day of the summit at Alpine. DAMN!! I have a site visit/meeting scheduled for Friday morning. These people over here are counting on me.

Mother%$&*@#$%&^!! Oh well, see y'all at Squaw on Saturday!
    bc-lovah

Itinerary

Tyrone, thanks for all your work planning the Summit.
    Could you reconcile the posted itinerary with the one on the Summit website? Don't want people showing up at the wrong place.

Also, it's probably too late, but it seems like the original itinerary was better because:

1) It was one less trip between No. and So. Tahoe (pain in the ass drive).

2) It included Sugarbowl. Once more place for non-locals to experience. Also, several of us had free tickets to Sugarbowl.

3) It would be nice to open the Summit at K-wood because it's "home" to so many maggots and, therefore, familiar.

4) I'm sure some people already had reservations based on the original itinerary.

It seems like it would have been easier to find another party venue.

Just my $0.02.

Anyway, what ever the schedule, thanks again for your efforts.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Originally posted by divegirl
    Double DAMN. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN.

Mother%$&*@#$%&^!! Oh well, see y'all at Squaw on Saturday!
    You're so cute when you're mad.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Re: Itinerary

Originally posted by Lunch
    Tyrone, thanks for all your work planning the Summit.
    Could you reconcile the posted itinerary with the one on the Summit website? Don't want people showing up at the wrong place.
    I agree......The itinerary in the first post of this thread is the correct itinerary. This latest itinerary has been sent to the Summit webmaster for uploading and thus, should be updated soon. It's out of my hands right now as I don't have the ability to upload/update the website myself.

Also, it's probably too late, but it seems like the original itinerary was better because:

1) It was one less trip between No. and So. Tahoe (pain in the ass drive).

perhaps...but I guess this depends on perspective. The majority of people are staying in South Shore didn't jive with the 3 north shore days in a row in the original itinerary (squaw-alpine-sugar 3/6 - 3/9). The original itinerary would have equated to a TON of driving on consecutive days for these people and wouldn't be very relaxing.

2) It included Sugarbowl. Once more place for non-locals to experience. Also, several of us had free tickets to Sugarbowl.
    I feel bad about Sugarbowl not being on the final itinerary, but that doesn't mean that people still can't go there.....I've always said that the itinerary is nothing more than guidelines. It's definitely one more place for non-locals to experience, but then again...the same can be argued for leaving Heavenly, Sierra, Mt. Rose, etc. off of the itinerary. When faced with the situation of most people being south Shore based, I thought it better to have the North Shore days at the biggest places with the most terrain, vertical, etc. (i.e. Alpine & Squaw).

And regarding the free tickets.....I was just recently made aware that some people had free tickets to Sugar. But quite honestly, more people don't have them than do.....so this probably wouldn't have been a factor in my decision making process anyway.

Feel free to rally up a SugarBowl day.

3) It would be nice to open the Summit at K-wood because it's "home" to so many maggots and, therefore, familiar.
    That's sort of the reasoning I followed for the first itinerary, but then when I needed to switch things up.....Kirkwood just seemed overloaded and nixing it as the Summit opener seemed most logical.

4) I'm sure some people already had reservations based on the original itinerary.
    Absolutely. With so many maggots coming, its impossible to cater to everyone....I'm just trying to find an acceptable balance.

It seems like it would have been easier to find another party venue.
    Not necessarily....when you weigh time (lots of places were booked already), costs of venue (you would not believe what some places wanted to charge), location, etc. it would have been a royal pain in the ass. Other locations would may have been possible....but how many people would pay $20 (or more) for this sucker?

I understand your points, Lunch, but with such a large group of maggots coming, spread out over 10 days, and staying at various points along the lake, its virtually impossible to come up with an itinerary/schedule that's going to make everyone happy. Just trying to find balance

Tyrone,

Thanks for responding. BTW, in no way am I complaining -- just sharing some thoughts.

Again, I appreciate all the effort you put into this.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Lunch
    Tyrone,

Thanks for responding. BTW, in no way am I complaining -- just sharing some thoughts.

Again, I appreciate all the effort you put into this.

Thanks.
    no problemo....and I didn't think you were complaining at all....just voicing an opinion, which is great because when people don't.....well, it just leaves me guessing as to what everyone wants. I wanted to reply to your post somewhat thoroughly (I hope I did anyways) because I'm sure others are thinking some of the same thoughts that you happened to voice.

Edit: started a new thread.
    Last edited by Arty50; 03-03-2004 at 12:16 AM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Just wanted to say something about radios. Channel 5-13 is where it's at.

And I'm off. Won't see the board till I get back from the Summit.

Looking forward to meeting all of you, and hearing Tuffy spin da' hits. Please, no fackin' Britney.

I don't see my name on that list, But I'm pretty sure I'll be in the neighborhood around those dates. Go ahead and add me too.

thanks.

Just posted a new thread about road conditions info. The skinny: here's the number you want to program into your cell for road conditions:

1 800 GAP ROAD

Voice activated and will give you the info on chain restrictions and road closures. Check it for your route if the weather is bad!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Sometimes the voice activated system gets confused. I've said 88 before and gotten 80 info. In that case just type in 88.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Arrow

Just added in a slight change to the Squaw apres-ski locations on the 11th and the 14th.

As per Alkasquawlik's recommendation (thanks mang!), head over to "Chamoix" in the village base area.

On Tuesday, 3/11 its a 2-for-1 pizza night (wohoo!) and cheap beer.

Sunday, 3/14 its Alkasquawlik's 21st birthday party -> F-K-N-A.

Originally posted by Bullet
    A friend just told me they close the Palisades on Sat. and Sun. Any chance of swapping the Friday itinerary to be Squaw on Friday 3/5? I know it's late, but I'd kind of like to ski the Palisades.
    awww crap....that sucks. I definitely wanted a Squaw date on the weekends though because so many people were only going to be here that Sat/Sun and wanted to hit Squaw. Can you come back on the 11th?

re: my cold -> not getting any better

Alcoholic? Alcoholics Goesh to Meetings, Ish A DEERUUNNK!!! "hic"
    Peace and Love... Homies
    Good vibes to all those involved
    Make a few turn, and down a LOT for ME!!!!

Maybe I can make to the hood mini
    Living vicariously through myself…

from SOTC newsletter

> *Donner Ski Ranch - www.donnerskiranch.com
    > Ski for $5.00 on March 11th, at Donner Ski Ranch!
    > As if Donner Ski Ranch wasn't cheap enough,
    > there are 2-for-1 coupons available at
    > Bay Area Wienerschnitzel shops!
    > Valid Mon-Sun.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelaces

Sunday, 3/14 its Alkasquawlik's 21st birthday party -> F-K-N-A.
    Hey, Sunday is my -- uh, ummmm 21st-- birthday, too. It's also Albert Einstein's birthday -- not to draw any (obvious) comparisons.

Originally posted by Bullet
    A friend just told me they close the Palisades on Sat. and Sun.
    This true? Alka?

Originally posted by bad_roo
    This true? Alka?
    Yep. I asked a Squaw 'troller about this years ago.

"We close the Palisades on weekends to prevent every weekend warrior yahoo from the Bay Area going off it and killing themselves!"

Talking

Originally posted by Punani
    Yep. I asked a Squaw 'troller about this years ago.

"We close the Palisades on weekends to prevent every weekend warrior yahoo from the Bay Area going off it and killing themselves!"
    meh....doesn't matter. There's still the Fingers on KT. The Pocket Chutes. Light Towers, etc....It's Squaw for chrissakes...just flip open Squallywood to any old page, put your finger on it, memorize it, then show up Saturday and jump off of it fer crying out loud!

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    meh....doesn't matter. There's still the Fingers on KT. The Pocket Chutes. Light Towers, etc....It's Squaw for chrissakes...just flip open Squallywood to any old page, put your finger on it, memorize it, then show up Saturday and jump off of it fer crying out loud!
    A game of GNAR, anyone?

Originally posted by watersnowdirt
    Just posted a new thread about road conditions info. The skinny: here's the number you want to program into your cell for road conditions:

1 800 GAP ROAD

heh.

edit: BTW-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I copped $43 tickets for Kirkwood on the days we're scheduled there if everyone buys en masse. I gotta call the guy back tomorrow to confirm. Hope we have enough bodies.
    (I worked him, saying we could do better elsewhere and got it down from $47. I told him we could do better at REI - bastids.)

Originally posted by splat
    heh.

edit: BTW-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I copped $43 tickets for Kirkwood on the days we're scheduled there if everyone buys en masse. I gotta call the guy back tomorrow to confirm. Hope we have enough bodies.
    (I worked him, saying we could do better elsewhere and got it down from $47. I told him we could do better at REI - bastids.)
    splat is the man. no question.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks