Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Originally posted by bad_roo
    One double room left in the Tahoe flophouse

http://www.vrbo.com/29346

$200pp for the duration of the summit

pm me if you want it.
    pm sent
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Originally posted by bad_roo
    One double room left in the Tahoe flophouse

http://www.vrbo.com/29346

$200pp for the duration of the summit

pm me if you want it.
    roo, trigger pulled and another pm sent with details and some questions for you.

Ty - have any plans been mde for a cat ski day?? I'm sure Pacific Crest would offer up a kill deal. Maybe a drawing prize.

Lightbulb

roo, i just spoke with the owner of the house, and he wondered where he is supposed to mail the key. he mentioned that he thought you had a contact in sacramento, but he had no address. if you want me call him again so he can send it, email the info to me. you have my address in the last pm i sent you.

Thumbs up

Oh shit, I guess I'm in.

I'll be tagging along in PowHo's truck, most likely hanging with him the entire time, going back home Monday.
    vapor lock - bitch.

Originally posted by phUnk
    Oh shit, I guess I'm in.

I'll be tagging along in PowHo's truck, most likely hanging with him the entire time, going back home Monday.
    nice!

Originally posted by phUnk
    Oh shit, I guess I'm in.

he sounds like a ho with a heart of gold

it's about time to get serious with auto rental stuff... i've gotta rent out of SFO.

any info i might be missing & should know about? best rate i'm seeing is $316 for eight days with some company named 'fox'. they haven't e-mailed me back yet in regards to my question about getting a ski rack on the rental suv.

werd, riggs. you know, werd.
    “Money has never been my god — never.” - The Chief

Originally posted by acostiga
    it's about time to get serious with auto rental stuff... i've gotta rent out of SFO.

any info i might be missing & should know about? best rate i'm seeing is $316 for eight days with some company named 'fox'. they haven't e-mailed me back yet in regards to my question about getting a ski rack on the rental suv.

werd, riggs. you know, werd.
    why not check prices at orbitz. then put in a 30-40% lower bid for the car you want on priceline?

Speaking of which, is 4 wheel drive needed for Reno-KW-SLT-Squaw, or can I save the $100 for beer money?
    Living vicariously through myself.

4WD???

I sure hope we need it!!!

FWIW I know they can be pretty strict about chains
    I'd rather buy you a beer then have you get turned around by State Patrol.

So what happened to the Sugarbowl day? I scored a free Sugarbowl lift ticket from my Jeep dealer, and I was really looking forward to using it. Anyone want to form a splinter group for a Sugarbowl day?

Well, seeing how as the flight is paid for by my work trip to Reno, and I've got at least one free ticket lined up, I guess I'll go ahead and rent the Liberty. Anyone need a ride from Reno Thursday night?
    Living vicariously through myself.

Originally posted by AntiSoCalSkier
    So what happened to the Sugarbowl day? I scored a free Sugarbowl lift ticket from my Jeep dealer, and I was really looking forward to using it. Anyone want to form a splinter group for a Sugarbowl day?
    The schedule needed to be tweaked for a variety of reasons which resulted in an Alpine day getting squeezed out. I thought that Alpine or Squaw could use an extra day rather than Sugar.....but by all means, if everyone wants an official Sugar Bowl day on there let me know

Originally posted by AntiSoCalSkier
    I''ll be spending my b-day at the bowl on the 8th.If anyone wants to hook up let me know..
    Last edited by CRACKER; 03-01-2004 at 08:37 PM.
    Suck It!

So where should we all meet at Alpine Meadows on Friday morning?

I also have the free Sugarbowl ticket, so I'm down for a S-bowl day myself.....
    bc-lovah

The NateR's probable bc itinerary (subject to partner and conditons).

Partners will need:
    Common sense
    Avy gear
    At least a little experience in the bc.

Legal note: I am not a professional guide and do not have the training of one. If you go out with me, you'll have an equal stake in decisions about conditions and route.

Sat, March 6
    Mon, March 8
    Thurs, March 11
    Sun, March 14

Others might have other days that they're interested in going bc.

Yeah, a bunch of those are Squaw days, but I don't give Squaw Valley USA any money that I can avoid.

Also, note: At Alpine Meadows and Kirkwood, it's worth carrying gear for OB trips. I'll be looking for some of the people in the know to show me around AM's bc.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Just filled in some suggested on-hill meeting spots to the original post.

Originally posted by Telenater

Also, note: At Alpine Meadows and Kirkwood, it's worth carrying gear for OB trips. I'll be looking for some of the people in the know to show me around AM's bc.
    Twin Peaks here we come!
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Originally posted by LegoSkier
    Twin Peaks here we come!
    Them's the words I like hearing.... Never done much (any) OB at AM before.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Shit, I'm out on this one. Used up some of my winter ski trip credit this weekend with the trip down to Utah this weekend. I'll be asking myself this question: Was that 50" storm really worth it? --- Yeah, probably.

Next time.....

Boy, It's been snowing a bunch there. I hope they groom every bit of it to carvilicious corduray before you get there! Oh the joy. Carve and cheese and wine and one piece suits! Oooooh!

March 12 - Kirkwood. Be there or lose hair.

I'll be there for the first weekend, and likely the second.

anyone flying into SFO Friday evening or Saturday morning, I may be able to provide a ride up to the hills. PM me.

Likewise, if anyone is heading up from the Bay area for the weekend, PM me also if you have or need space.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Question

what about a phone list for attendees?