Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Originally posted by Kellie
    are you one of those crazy ultra runners?!?!? if you are, you really need your head checked!
    Not the first time that I been told this.

I won't be running this year, just volunteering.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arty50
    [B]
    Originally posted by Endlessseason
    As for....Northstar...--Californy here we come!!!

Don't be like me and ignore everyone's advice. Avoid Flatstar like the plague. Unless of course you enjoy dodging a gaggle of gapers on one of Tahoe's least interesting mountains.
    Damn is it really that bad? We got freebies to Northstar w/ our pass purchases here this year. Is it not even worth a free ticket? On a weekday? And we've actually got a few extras I'd be happy to pass on to anyone who wants to ski around with us for a day.

Its not that Northsatr is "so bad", it just that it pales in comparison to what else is around, Alpine, Squaw and Sugar Bowl...both from the stanpoint of terrain and snow quality.

If you've got a free tic, and feel like some cruisers, its ok.

Weekends, though, can be really crowded.

That being said...I always opt for somewhere else.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Splat, I'm in on the condo change. Do you have me on your list? Can you post a list so we can see who's in? I'm good for $50. How are we going to do this?
    bc-lovah

Endless is skiing FlatStar for a reason, I'm sure. If not, dump the tix, and go ski somewhere worthier.

Angry

bump because this isn't a sticky yet.

THE FRICKIN SUMMIT STARTS IN NINE DAYS OWENS!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by DJSapp; 02-25-2004 at 03:57 PM.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Originally posted by DJSapp

THE FRICKIN SUMMIT STARTS IN FOUR DAYS OWENS!!!!!!!!
    it doesn't start until March 5th.

Talking

THE FRICKIN SUMMIT STARTS IN NINE DAYS OWENS!!!!!!!!
    Ty, I have no idea what you're talking about.

D'oh! stupidfrickingeditedtag
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Anticipation. Like alcohol poured down your throat, it keeps you warm from the inside out. Like sticking a fork in the toaster, it keeps you jittering with nervous energy. Like your favourite song playing top volume in your headphones, it makes concentration on other matters virtually impossible.

It fills you up to overflowing so that everything you do, say, or think, is focused on that one moment in the not-too-distant future. Brushing your teeth in the morning, absently shoveling food into your mouth, nodding at all the right moments while the boss describes this year’s objectives. The body is on autopilot. The mind reels with possibilities.

Soon I will be on a plane. Soon I will land amongst the snow and mountains that make up the west coast of North America. A week in Whistler with my brother. A week in Tahoe with the maggots. This is good. I want time to speed up to Friday night and then slow….right…down…

But I will be all right. I can wait out these last few days. My leg won’t stop bouncing, but I’ve got this radiant, electric feeling keeping me warm.

Anticipation.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and can you feel it?),
    d.

Ty, I have no idea what you're talking about.

D'oh! stupidfrickingeditedtag
    LO-FUKKING-L

Originally posted by BobMc
    The family and myself will be there the weekend of 12-14. Anyone have any recommendations on a decent place to stay in South Lake?

I'd be down for the condo idea, but I don't think any of y'all want to share a room with my kids, heh.

BobMc
    We are staying at La Hacienda in S. Tahoe on Fri. 3/12 and Sat. 3/13. It's cheap, sounded reasonable, found okay reviews on Trip Advisor & such, and I'm not too picky anyway. It's $32 for a weekday and $68 for weekend night. It's convenient to shuttles and all. Give them a jingle if interested 530-541-3805.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Gincognito:
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Cool

Originally posted by gincognito
    Anticipation. Like alcohol poured down your throat, it keeps you warm from the inside out. Like sticking a fork in the toaster, it keeps you jittering with nervous energy. Like your favourite song playing top volume in your headphones, it makes concentration on other matters virtually impossible.

It fills you up to overflowing so that everything you do, say, or think, is focused on that one moment in the not-too-distant future. Brushing your teeth in the morning, absently shoveling food into your mouth, nodding at all the right moments while the boss describes this year’s objectives. The body is on autopilot. The mind reels with possibilities.

Soon I will be on a plane. Soon I will land amongst the snow and mountains that make up the west coast of North America. A week in Whistler with my brother. A week in Tahoe with the maggots. This is good. I want time to speed up to Friday night and then slow….right…down…

But I will be all right. I can wait out these last few days. My leg won’t stop bouncing, but I’ve got this radiant, electric feeling keeping me warm.

Anticipation.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and can you feel it?),
    d.

So...well...said.

Talking

Arty, Nater, IR&UB, Splat- It's free and it's just a half-day. Heck, I even found something to like about Boreal...I mean, how bad can Northstar be?

Arty, Nater, IR&UB, Splat- It's free and it's just a half-day. Heck, I even found something to like about Boreal...I mean, how bad can Northstar be?
    Don't say we didn't warn you......... [/fate]

Just stay away on the weekend: Nate isn't kidding about the crowds. I had friends go up in the morning, wait three hours in the rental line, and then go home without skiing.

If you're trying to bag new areas, both Diamond Peak and Mt. Rose are worth at least a half day. But I definitely wouldn't pass up Alpine or Sugar for them.

I'm out of here until late next week, in Beantown and Chi for work.

No plans for the summit other than to sleep somewhere, and ski Alpine Meadows, the Weed, and the b/c Sat-Wed, and then tele-flail with the chica knuckedragger on the second Sat/Sun somewhere more fitting for that kind of behavior.

If someone would be so kind as to ring my cellie sometime as things get figured out, that would be greeeeeeaaat.

Otherwise, I'll see you when I see you.

Looking forward to seeing the Tahoe crew again, and all the other crazies coming in to town.

B
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Ok, ES...
    I've only been skiing this year, and even *I'm* saying Northstar = Flatstar. That's flat as in F-L-A-T.
    And yes, consider yourself warned. I like the idea of selling your tickets to the gaper dentist and her gaper family.
    bc-lovah

Talking

Originally posted by gincognito
    Soon I will be on a plane. Soon I will land amongst the snow and mountains that make up the west coast of North America. A week in Whistler with my brother.
    I shall use this as my excuse when you're quicker than me.

Wow. OK. I don't recall that I've ever been warned to stay away from a ski area by so many people. Mebbe I'll just do a half day somewhere else. And yes, I'm wanting to get familiar with someplace on the North side that I haven't been before.

Northstar looked way better on the internet than Mt. Rose but if Spatters liked it better perhaps I'll check it out.

Spats--So what you're saying is paying for a half day at Rose is better than free at Northstar?

Endless,

Northstar can be fun if there is up to 10" of fresh snow, anything more and you'll be bogged down because of lack of steepness. There is decent tree skiing and since it is a family resort most people avoid the trees. If its a packed powder or spring like day you could get bored fast-and, as others have pointed out, stay away on weekends.

Mt Rose is a decent little resort that's looked down upon by many. It has the highest base elevation of any resort in Tahoe, maybe even all of California or Nevada. Snow quality is better than anywhere except for maybe Kirkwood and I would argue that point. It's only about 1500' of vertical but the trees are exceptional. In my opinion, the "East Bowl" is the side to ski on. No high speed but the terrain is far superior to the Mt Rose side. While there you can take a look at the Chutes.This is an area of ~200 acres of chutes. They will be open next season and after seeing them you'll want to put Mt Rose on a must return list. I'm pretty sure that with a pass from any ski resort one can get a midweek full day pass for the price of a half day ticket. Tuesdays are 2 for 1.

If you can enjoy skiing in the midwest you'll love either Mt Rose or Northstar.

Thwamp! Who else is looking forward to some reportage from KW?

Originally posted by Alex P. Keaton
    Thwamp! Who else is looking forward to some reportage from KW?
    ME MEEE
    I'm so stoked for this trip.......this storm isn't helping at all!!!

me 3!!

And props to Team13!!!! A big 'ol box of movies and such just arrived as schwag for the Summit! Wohoo!

www.team13.com

One double room left in the Tahoe flophouse

http://www.vrbo.com/29346

$200pp for the duration of the summit

pm me if you want it.