Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

this sucks...Vacuum cleaner?

My old bagged Hoover vacuum pretty much is shot. Height adjustment won't work anymore and it's starting to smell like the belt is slipping
    I've been to Home Depot and Lowe's looking at some of the bagless vacuums, but I don't really want to spend $300-$400 for a vacuum cleaner(think Dyson)
    We don't have that much carpet anymore, mostly wood floors so I'm thinking something that the brush can be turned off/on, something with a HEPA filter that won't blow dust everywhere.

Anyone have any good recommendations that don't blow?

penis attachment included

just bought the dyson from costco.

Wife says it was worth the $$$.

I know it was worth the $$$ because she happily does all the vaccuuming.

We just got a Bissel, $170 at Target. It's bagless, has 3 filters, can be used on hard floors, removeable canister vac, and has an extra strong brush for pet hair. I don't know what model it is, but it's blue and is the "for pets" model. It works really well and from what we read about it online before hand it works as well as the Dysons for obviously much less $.

I'm so freaking domesticated.

The Dyson is the only choice. We've had one for 3 years. I'd never buy anything else. We have no carpeting, only wood floors.

Quote Originally Posted by hose-man View Post
    just bought the dyson from costco.

Wife says it was worth the $$$.

I know it was worth the $$$ because she happily does all the vaccuuming.
    ^^^ This man knows what he is talking about.
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

Eureka - Boss Smart Vac
    Best buy from Consumer Reports, beat the high priced competition. You can get 2-3 for the cost of a Dyson.

Kill two birds with one stone.

Valentines Day is just around the corner. Put it off until then, then splurge on a Dyson/etc. You don't need to wrap it, a big red bow gets it done.

It'll make her feel really special and appreciated.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post
    It'll make her feel really special and appreciated by the next man in her life.
    Fixed it.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Yeah, doesn't every woman want a vacuum cleaner for Valentines Day?

I'm not totally sold on bagless vacuums. When you empty it dust goes everywhere. Isn't that the reason for bags in the first place? You fill the thing up and toss the whole bag. What exactly is the advantage supposed to be of bagless other than you don't have to buy bags?

Wife and I have an Oreck XL (sp?) that we really like.....it's not bagless but heck, I only change that bag like twice a year.

Ours is bagless... Little canister pops out, turn it upside down over the garbage can, pop the canister back in. I usually use the big can outside, but there really isn't any more dust than w/ a bag as long as you aren't retarded about it.

Emptying the canister, btw, is really my only responsibility when it comes to the vacuum cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    Wife and I have an Oreck XL (sp?) that we really like.....it's not bagless but heck, I only change that bag like twice a year.
    Dyson crapped-out after a decade. Going back to bags with the Oreck XL. It'll be here soon!

4 outta 5 dental property cleaning crews recommended.

We got another Dyson earlier this year. Replaced another Dyson my wife had for 8 years before I came along. She's sold on them, and since she does most of the cleaning, we got another.
    The old one was an upright. I preferred that to the new one.
    No issues with dust when emptying out the canister because that job happens in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Got a dyson as a wedding gift 12 years ago (so didn't have to contemplate the $$$). Works great, not so much as a hiccup so far, have only cleaned the hepa filter once (no need to replace).

The advantage of bag-less over bag is: doesn't lose ssssuckshunn (don't you watch that weirdo's commercials?) - bag-vac has to suck air through the column of dust in the bag as it accumulates.

That said, my vintage hoover bagger I had before we met (bought used) was 100% perfect for my needs (wife is a little more picky re: dust-suckage).

Thrice on the Dyson, with a caveat; cordless - primarily for hard surface flooring. We run 2 regularly on the 1st and 2nd floor hardwood and tile. The attachments with the beater bar work great and do a much better job on throw rugs and such than a traditional upright vac.

A self propelled bagging hoover for the only carpeted (bedroom) floors and a kerby parked in a closet close by ifn you want to suck the chrome off a bumper.

The Dyson would be fine on carpet too but, the battery only lasts so long, so consider how big of an area you need to consistently cover.

Groupon usually has a good deal that goes even lower every 60 days or so if you're willing to watch it.

suction, hepa filtration @.3microns and skipping the entanglements of a cord add up to a time efficient performance. Just find a tolerable place to allow for easy access to the charging dock and it's always ready.

I don't mind vacuuming. I guess dogs can do that to a man. That and not wanting your clothes to look like a used lint roller sheet. Or the rare scrotum scratching, ass plucking, arm pit tickle event only to find dog hair where it ain't suppose to be.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Dirt Devil Classic bagless, works great and I just take the filter outside and tap it out on a tree. Would never go back to the reverse air freshener stink of bags. How can you clean your house with that awful smell?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Shark duo. I replaced a Dyson with it and it's way better.

Kirbys kick ass, but are baggers. Rainbow will literally last a lifetime, but are a pain as they are a water based catchment. They cost a ton of fucking money too. I just let one go for $200 recently. New owner could take that and get $1k credit towards a new model. Of course new is upwards of $4k.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

I have a shark and it works really well and a bit more inexpensive than the dyson.

I'm also stoked bc I just ordered myself one of those roomba robot vacs.
    with 2 dogs I can't wait to see if it makes a difference in the # of dust bunnies
    skid luxury

Agree with Elkhound, the Eureka Boss vacs were really good and cheap but I don't think they make them anymore? I've had 2, the oldest one finally crapped out after 15+ years and couldn't find another so I got a Shark Rotator Lift-Away. So far it's awesome, super-light and the wifey loves it. A little more $$$ than the Eureka but not that much more.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I have a shark and it works really well and a bit more inexpensive than the dyson.

I'm also stoked bc I just ordered myself one of those roomba robot vacs.
    with 2 dogs I can't wait to see if it makes a difference in the # of dust bunnies
    We have one of these too. It's not a roomba but basically the same. With 2 German Shepherds it does help a lot but only on hard floors. Worthless on carpet. Maybe the roomba will be better.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    stoked bc I just ordered myself one of those roomba robot vacs.
    don't mean to harsh your anticipation buuut; went through 3 of these including the shop/pet version and had the mopping unit too. All of them worked well while they worked. Kinda nice to come home to a clean floor.

More than a few parts to keep after to keep them efficient. Poor battery performance finally made me cave on the concept.

just sayin
    ​I am not in your hurry

For the OP whom is long gone from this trhead those old school hoovers/filter queen/ tristar lasted forever and then when they broke down you can always get parts from a vacuum store

But I got a shop vac which is fine cuz I don't have rugs AND you can vaccum up water with a shop vac if you take out the paper filter

which came in real handy last month when we had a big one-in-50 yr rain event and the basement started flooding , I kept ahead of it by vaccuming every 15 min from 10pm till 7am when the rental store opened and I could rent a real pump

Which saved my ass big time

they say nature abhors a vacuum

so do I
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We've had a Shark Rotator Professional Liftaway Upright for about 5 years now.
    It's been awesome in a two dog household.