Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beatles fans -

Cool Beatles fans -

You must read "Here, There, and Everywhere. My Life Recording The Beatles", by Geoff Emerick.

Especially if you are into the technical side of music production at all. Home recording enthusiasts listen up!!

I just finished the book, and it was an absolutely facsinating read. Very interesting perspective from a guy that was in the studio recording most of the Beatles albums. It goes way beyond the soap opera approach that alot of the hangers-ons authors have written.

Very well done book. Check it out!

Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all.

https://www.npr.org/sections/allsong...he-white-album

Cool info to go along with new Re-release on how the album was made

The Beatles: Get Back - A Sneak Peek from Peter Jackson

OUtstanding, so nice to see them as just a group of talented scousers not the diefied portrait the Beatles have had put pout there for years/

Interesting. I have never really been a beatles fan. But like some of their songs.

Do we put to much of us into a piece of music.

I think I might be an Elton John fan.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Name:  48ACBE45-130D-46F2-8DFE-8252B48DD9F3.jpeg
Views: 1129
Size:  21.6 KB

With all the things that the Beatles were, many people forget that they were, first and foremost, in my eyes, a great rock and roll band.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    With all the things that the Beatles were, many people forget that they were, first and foremost, in my eyes, a great rock and roll band.
    And so many other things, too. What an amazing run they had, over a scant 10 years!

First LP I got was "Rubber Soul". At the time I thought it was a strange departure from the Beatles of previous albums / 45's. It does grow on ya though and it's indicative of their evolution, music-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

About a third of the way through this 44 minute piece - very cool indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Got to honor that sentiment again, with this...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post

Oh, wow, this is well worth listening to. Some of best stuff is towards the middle and end of the pod cast, so hang in there, and use quality head phones.

Like this:

I guess this has been out for a while, but it was new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMatt View Post
    You must read "Here, There, and Everywhere. My Life Recording The Beatles", by Geoff Emerick.

Especially if you are into the technical side of music production at all. Home recording enthusiasts listen up!!

I just finished the book, and it was an absolutely facsinating read. Very interesting perspective from a guy that was in the studio recording most of the Beatles albums. It goes way beyond the soap opera approach that alot of the hangers-ons authors have written.

Very well done book. Check it out!
    Took your advice, just finished it, and agree on all points!

This pairs very nicely with the book...

13 Minute 60 Minutes Piece
    https://www.cbsnews.com/video/beatle...eo-2021-11-14/

60 Minutes Overtime

very cool. looking forward to the documentary.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Has anyone else noticed the current run on high profile music docs?

The Sparks Brothers (Edgar Wright)
    Summer of Soul (Questlove)
    The Velvet Underground (Todd Haynes)
    The Beatles: Get Back (Peter Jackson)

As for The Beatles, I still have the original Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band cassette I got in 8th grade...oh, and because I'm a nerd, I also have all of the original Todd MacFarlane Beatles Sgt. Pepper's action figures mint in boxes.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Oh yeah? I have an unofficial bobble hand (yes, no typo) blue meanie.

Grew up with the conventional wisdom of bitch yono broke up the beatles, playboy inverviews etc. Gotta say, seeing her awkwardly seated next to Lennon in this, that must have been hard. Four guys, trying to do the work how it's always been done, and here this new person is, suddenly in the middle of it with no value-add. With a weak-ass NFL slate I'm probably watching the first two installments.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    13 Minute 60 Minutes Piece
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Grew up with the conventional wisdom of bitch yono broke up the beatles, playboy inverviews etc. Gotta say, seeing her awkwardly seated next to Lennon in this, that must have been hard. Four guys, trying to do the work how it's always been done, and here this new person is, suddenly in the middle of it with no value-add. With a weak-ass NFL slate I'm probably watching the first two installments.
    This for sure. They had been fracturing for a while as I imagine anyone would being confined together in a pressure cooker for so many years but Yoko was the final straw. It annoys me watching her sitting in there passively ruining the greatest band of all time. If any of you have a surround system they remastered Abbey Road along with a few other albums in lossless surround bluray discs that are out of this world.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Watched the first two installments and didn't see anything that really changes the narrative.
    "Can't you see..."

its a bit of a snoozer
    Jackson has always left too much fat as well as meat on the bone...

the George/Paul interplay is most interesting to me.
    George just gets ignored, not shut down, but ignored....

Not ready to pop for D+ yet, but really looking forward to seeing this whole thing someday/somehow.

^ What I got from this is that, unquestionably, John+Paul > john, paul. their interplay, their quick wit, just striking. Mesmerizing. how they brought out the just mountains of talent in each other.

Then seeing bitch yoko just sitting, quite literally, in the middle of it, scowling, reading a fucking book or magazine....occasionally screaming into a mike / "freak out"...
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    ^ What I got from this is that, unquestionably, John+Paul > john, paul. their interplay, their quick wit, just striking. Mesmerizing. how they brought out the just mountains of talent in each other.
    Along that line, this was surprisingly good...

Two of Us

Then seeing bitch yoko just sitting, quite literally, in the middle of it, scowling, reading a fucking book or magazine....occasionally screaming into a mike / "freak out"...
    In this day and age that comment could easily be construed as misogynistic, but remembering comments from the principals at the time, and over the several decades since, it's pretty hard to believe otherwise. John should never have asked Yoko to insert herself into those proceedings, (if that's indeed how it went down), and Yoko never should have, regardless. They shoulda just bitched about shit together at home alone like every other couple everywhere.

The rejoinder now is gonna be "just look at the footage", but they had umpteen hours they whittled down to a few, and with selective editing you can basically create any narrative you want.

That said The Beatles undeniably mirrored (and influenced) the evolution of the cultural consciousness of the 60's - love their music and still wanna see this thing.

Last edited by fomofo; 11-30-2021 at 04:46 PM.

I hope some genius
    has already designed a knock off clothing deal to replicate some of these threads cuz that shit would sell