Thread: brilliant

Thumbs up brilliant

IN VISIT TO MILITARY BASE, PRESIDENT GOES MISSING

White House Attempts to Explain Gaps in Bush’s Photo Op

A visit by President George W. Bush to a military base in Ft. Polk, Louisiana went horribly awry today as Mr. Bush disappeared for several hours without warning or explanation.

The White House had hoped that Mr. Bush’s appearance with the soldiers of Ft. Polk might help deflect controversy over his own Vietnam-era military service – hopes that were dashed when the President vanished during his visit there.

“We are sure that the President will have a clear, simple explanation for his absence from Ft. Polk,” said White House spokesman Scott McClellan, “as soon as we can locate him.”

Mr. McClellan then offered the press copies of Mr. Bush’s latest dental records, showing that Mr. Bush has several fillings that may need replacement in the weeks and months ahead.

Later in the day, Mr. Bush reappeared at Ft. Polk, having missed five hours of training drills he had been scheduled to witness.

Brushing off the controversy, Mr. Bush said that he had left the photo opportunity at Ft. Polk to help campaign for a Republican congressional candidate in Baton Rouge, calling his sudden absence “no biggie.”

“I slip out of Cabinet meetings all of the time, especially when they start talking about the environment,” Mr. Bush told reporters.

Elsewhere, Senator John Edwards (D-N.C.) said that his two-man race with Senator John Kerry (D-Mass) would not be about personalities because, in his words, “neither of us has one.”

“I slip out of Cabinet meetings all of the time, especially when they start talking about the environment,” Mr. Bush told reporters.

There needs to be more black holes for Presidents to fall into.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.