Ty Mojo 15 pros/cons (?)

What are the views of the mojo 15 bindings from the people who have ridden with them? I am just wondering what others views are. I put a pair on prophet 90's and have rode them once. No crashy crashy though.
    I do like the idea of the pivot heel. That was my selling point. Plus a metal binder with a decent din for pretty good price from the shop I work for.

Mojo 15's

Stellar. Had a a pair on my everyday's last year and got another pair for the big day sticks this year. Light weight, burly construction and only let go when they are supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by ggski View Post
    Stellar. Had a a pair on my everyday's last year and got another pair for the big day sticks this year. Light weight, burly construction and only let go when they are supposed to.
    ditto. I like mine
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

I don't have much to compare against - just soly 900S Carbon and some markers, but mine have performed flawlessly.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    It can be a little tough to find wide brakes for them, because not many shops carry them in stock. Other than that - I don't think there's a bad thing to say about Mojo 15's. They rock.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    It can be a little tough to find wide brakes for them, because not many shops carry them in stock. Other than that - I don't think there's a bad thing to say about Mojo 15's. They rock.
    Yeah, it would be nice to see a version with the 115mm brake included.

I've got both Mojo 15 and the X17 (identical construction) with no problems at all.
    I seem to have confused my intentions with my abilities...

well that is cool ! Glad to hear the news. I feel confident I made a good choice then. So I will have no reservations ripping on them.
    See ya at the hole and not Courtney's or the hoop style

Wide brakes, which are impossible to find at discount, cost almost 50% of what I paid for the bindings. Very pleased with them though.

yup wide brakes are an issue but other then that its an awesome binder
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by prophet07 View Post
    What are the views of the mojo 15 bindings from the people who have ridden with them? I am just wondering what others views are. I put a pair on prophet 90's and have rode them once. No crashy crashy though.
    I do like the idea of the pivot heel. That was my selling point. Plus a metal binder with a decent din for pretty good price from the shop I work for.
    I think they use a reasonable amount of plastic for a 15 din binder and are pretty solid. The 18 and 20 din versions use more metal and are signifigantly heavier, as far as I know.

For someone like me (150lbs, don't do huge hucks, but like to ski fast) high din race binders are way overkill. p18s/916s are just a knee injury waiting to happen not to mention being heavy expensive and hard to find.

Retail binders like 914s really don't have enough durability for me, I've broken tons of em.

The mojo 15s are the perfect middle ground. Burly enough that I don't have to worry about breaking them, but with a din range thats perfect for me (I set mine at 10). They also realease very smoothly, thanks to the semi pivotable heel, but don't have the downsides of the look/rossi heelpeice, like not working with trekkers. And they're cheap, and easily available, and come with easily bendable fat brakes.

All in all, if I could design my perfect idea idea of a ski binding, the mojo 15s, with maybe one or two reinforced areas, would be it. A+.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I agree with everything said. My favorite binding right now (converted from Look/Rossi).

Wide breaks here:
    http://www.snowgalleria.com/prod.phtml?p=HTW162603

Note: when they show up they look like they are not wide. You have to pull the break arms out cause they are in a bit for shipping.

Ditto all the prior statements. Mojo 15's have been rock solid for me. Light, but have a nice solid feel.

In the interest of future users of the search function, the wide brakes are 115 mm, run about $40 if you look around, and are called "Head Tyrolia LD Fat 115."

The stock 95 mm brakes can fit on a 99 mm waist ski with minimal tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    I think they use a reasonable amount of plastic for a 15 din binder and are pretty solid. The 18 and 20 din versions use more metal and are signifigantly heavier, as far as I know.

if you're looking for a 18-20 din binder you probably aren't going to be interested in the Mojo 15

Like Leroy said its a nice in between binding, my problem with the "burly" bindings like look P18's and 916/920 is that the DIN scale is for superhumans. I reasonably do not need to ski at a DIN setting above 10 so starting it at 8 which is where I normally run my toe setting at doesn't help me at all. Is there a need for those type of bindings? YES, and I'm sure there are a lot of people on this board that NEED superhigh DIN settings. But I'm more cofortable in the 5-15 range that the Mojo gives me
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

If anyone needs wide brakes I am sure I can hook you up real decent from the shop I work at. No shortage or problem getting them for us.

Anyhow I agree with all said as well. I am 5' 6", 160 pounds (ungeared) so this binder is a pretty sweet match for me. Very aggresive rider and luv the air. I ski ride them with the DIN at 8. Have not yet crashed or had them pop yet. So there is still that littel lack of trust in my head till they release me oh so abruptly.
    " The farmer allows hikers to cross his fields for free, But Beware the bull charges."

have used them on race boards and my motherships, love them, $100 with fat brakes mounted wasnt a bad deal
    It was called the eighties, Ford was president, Nixon was in the white house, and FDR was running the country into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre LeCouloir View Post
    Ditto all the prior statements. Mojo 15's have been rock solid for me. Light, but have a nice solid feel.

In the interest of future users of the search function, the wide brakes are 115 mm, run about $40 if you look around, and are called "Head Tyrolia LD Fat 115."

The stock 95 mm brakes can fit on a 99 mm waist ski with minimal tweaking.
    never mind, i guess mine is the stock brake
    It was called the eighties, Ford was president, Nixon was in the white house, and FDR was running the country into the ground.

i also like mine.
    Cruise-ships of choice:
    http://www.skif-sport.ru/skis/img/salomon/AK%20Rocket%20Pilot%2003%20892214.GIF

seems like they release easier for a given DIN setting.
    OTOH - with all the smoooth releasing and multidirectional release angles, just add one more to your usual setting if its too low.
    otherwise happy with em (have several pair of Fischer labeled equivalent models)
    . . .

I think the lower release settings are due to the pivoting heel and the tank tread afd, I went .5 up and haven't had any problems. The release mechanism is smooth as butter though