Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Ah hefe man that brings me back exactly 12 weeks. You're on the up and up! Good on ya for attempting to kick the pk's. I was informed by my surgeon that I should always try to take them at night if anytime, to ensure an uninterrupted nights rest.
    I have been taking the CBD tincture and then using a cream that is made by cannalife. They have both helped in different ways. The CBD has been useful as an anti inflammatory, and the creme is more of a muscle relaxant... And then there are other edibles to bide time.
    Looks like you got a fair amount of hardware.

First night of good sleep with no pain killers or sleeping pills. Pain is basically non existent during the day.

Started basic R.O.M. stuff, pretty crazy how little control I have of my ankle and toes. Scary.

Going to pick up some edibles and CBD today.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Any tips for freshening up the air cast? Starting to stink pretty bad!

I had an ossur rebound air cast. I took the liner out and washed it in the sink... fairly frequently... but definitely not frequently enough...

I never wore the cast without some type of protective layer as well.

Finally got my xrays. Swelling is down but still in walking boot with no weight bearing at 4.5 weeks. Muscle atrophy is scary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180418_132935.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	232709

Better shots of the Xrays
    Name:  ankle 3.JPG
Views: 2140
Size:  23.7 KB

Name:  Ankle.JPG
Views: 2189
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  ankle2.JPG
Views: 2146
Size:  36.3 KB

Checking in. Almost 3 months in and I am now walking a bit with no boot (not supposed to be yet). Swelling is way down and no pain at really. Got most of my ROM back as well.

cmcrawfo hooked me up with a trainer bike and have been swimming quite a bit. Helped a ton.

Went from being pretty panicked and depressed to feeling good about it. Saw a new pyshio (they rotate a bit at the hospital) and she said I am extremely lucky to be doing as well as I am given the extent of the injuries. I should make a full recovery!

Got green light for full weight bearing, both DR. and Pyshio are pretty amazed at my recovery so far. Happy guy!

congrats! As soon as I was full WB I was at the hot yoga as much as I could handle (still am). Some days I would show up in class and just lay my legs up the wall for the whole class.

Nice. I don't have the patience or attention span for any kind of yoga. Even with hot chicks.

Been doing PT a ton, ice like a mofo (desk job). and been hitting the bike a ton.

And I think genetics have played a part. My mom has broken almost every bone in her body and is still waterskiing and pow skiing every day at 68.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    And I think genetics have played a part. My mom has broken almost every bone in her body and is still waterskiing and pow skiing every day at 68.
    Where does she find pow every day?
    I want to move there.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Ha sorry meant snow. She is slowing down a bit in the pow these days.

Big Screws coming out Oct 16th. So pumped. So far so good and perfect timing for a Maui trip and then ski season.

Back from the dead! No pain while skiing, just sore and a bit swollen for a few days after giving it hard for 3 days straight sled skiing. Super happy, I was really scared for a few months there.

little edit from the recent trip. 6 weeks after getting plate and screws out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp9xrTJYvZA&t=85s

so you got all the hw out, so how was that ?

I kacked a Tib/fib ankle in february and got the HW taken out in December of that year, i didn't find the removal or recovery very painful I even walked out of post op, of course its free up here in Canada eh, and I think definatley worth doing

I think I broke that ankle in 2002,

that ankle is still bigger than the not broken ankle but i think its stronger
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Was fine getting it all out. I walked out as well, took it easy for 2 weeks then was surfing in Maui for a week. Skied on it 4 weeks post op. Ankle feels great but is sore a for a few days after skiing.

HW removal

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Was fine getting it all out. I walked out as well, took it easy for 2 weeks then was surfing in Maui for a week. Skied on it 4 weeks post op. Ankle feels great but is sore a for a few days after skiing.
    What was your injury and what HW did you have removed? I am 6 and half months PO from a Pilon Fracture... can’t get enough ROM back as the plate is to the very bottom of my ankle. Planning to get my HW out in October. I’d love to hear more about your experience...

Funny I randomly checked this today. Injury history is noted above and previous pages. I broke my ankle and tore a bunch of ligaments.

I had everything removed and am very glad I did. Went from my ankle being sideways and disgusting looking to being fully recovered. I am basically back at 100% with minimal pain. The thing that bugs me the most is a long pickle ball session, lots of change of direction and running on concrete but it goes away in half a day.

No pain in ski boot, did a 7 day hut trip and it didn't bother at all, all though I completely ruptured my ACL on the last day. Same leg not sure if connected or not but it turns out I don't need my ACL as I was skiing 10 days later and doing everything normally now.

I don't think the Docs like to go back in and remove stuff but I would push for it if you are ready.