Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Saw the grand Pubau at the summit site yesterday.In a moment of clarity he envisioned a Maggot tent city next to the main lodge.Moses?

So, in case folks are thinking about something on the deluxe accommodations front, my in-laws have a large 4br/3ba in Snowcrest. MBR has a king, two other BRs have queens, I think (might just be fulls, but I doubt it), and the fourth BR has two bunk beds (i.e., room for 4). WiFi, DVD (smallish screen), big dining table, 2 car garage, on the golf course, etc., yadda.

Booked direct, it should be like $285/night for that period. If you're sharing, it'd probably be fair to do it as $90 for the MBR and $65 for each of the other rooms.

PM me if you're interested, and I'll get you in touch with them.
    not counting days 2016-17

I'll see if my GF is interested, sounds fun! She's just started skiing so we'd be on the greens for the weekend, but you still can't beat warm sunny weather just cruisin' around.

Looks like the GF isn't interested, saving a for a MTB trip later in the summer instead.

Say, does anyone know where in Mammoth I could park my SUV and sleep in the back without getting harrassed by the cops? It's a nice late-model Lexus with limo-tinted windows (nobody would even know I'm in there), so it wouldn't look like an abandoned vehicle or anything sketchy.

Just wondering, just ordered the '07/'08 ski and bike park pass so I hope to be up there a lot more often. The price of gas is a killer though so I'd like to sleep in the truck.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 04-01-2007 at 10:59 PM.

any of the MM lots are usually fine.
    Elvis has left the building

I'm out, just got the appendix out, so skiing is a no-no for the rest of the season.

What's up w/ the snow cover at Mammoth these days? I am sure it beats Killington...but still wondering what to expect.
    Thx,

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    What's up w/ the snow cover at Mammoth these days? I am sure it beats Killington...but still wondering what to expect.
    Thx,

Sprite
    Its going fast.Great conditions yesterday but with temps in the 50`s the melt is on.We usually get a good dump around the middle of April thoughIf it stays dry there will still be skiing,just not as much terrain open.

Pic taken yesterday,Cornice in the backround.It was really fun!
    Last edited by TWINS; 04-02-2007 at 11:01 AM.

This weekend was fast and fun - big smiles all around. I love spring

Quote Originally Posted by cj001f View Post
    any of the MM lots are usually fine.
    Really? I thought I saw signs saying no overnight parking, maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else.

There is enough snow for the Mini. Memorial Day though is looking a lot tougher.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Really? I thought I saw signs saying no overnight parking, maybe I'm thinking of somewhere else.
    They aren`t bothering anyone right now.There has been a motorhome taking up 3 spaces with a popout for 3 days with no problems at the Mill parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by divegirl View Post
    Looking forward to it!!! Can't wait to meet the wild woman.
    Oh, relax Divegirl. It's just Honeypie.

Am I going to be the only one camping at fort FKNA??

Looks like the GF isn't interested, saving a for a MTB trip later in the summer instead.

Say, does anyone know where in Mammoth I could park my SUV and sleep in the back without getting harrassed by the cops? It's a nice late-model Lexus with limo-tinted windows (nobody would even know I'm in there), so it wouldn't look like an abandoned vehicle or anything sketchy.

Just wondering, just ordered the '07/'08 ski and bike park pass so I hope to be up there a lot more often. The price of gas is a killer though so I'd like to sleep in the truck.
    There a tons of places off the scenic loop that you can get off the road a little ways, and not have the parking lot camping experience. Fort FKNA is just on of them. Are you going up for the mini? I am just down the road in Ventura, and plan to go.

I dunno, but there are RVs in Eagle often
    Elvis has left the building

I have access to more frinds & family vouchers than I thought. 2 vouchers = 1 free lift ticket and I will have about 10 or so. First come first served and all that.

PM me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    There a tons of places off the scenic loop that you can get off the road a little ways, and not have the parking lot camping experience. Fort FKNA is just on of them. Are you going up for the mini? I am just down the road in Ventura, and plan to go.
    I'd really like to go, but the GF doesn't. I've made her suffer through too many rafting, hiking and kayak trips, so now I need to go on a few "nice hotel no sports" trips to even things out...sigh.

Where/what is Fort FKNA?

Last year at the July 4th mini it was a mile are so up the scenic loop. It was just a side road that ended in a small camping area. I am curious if it is going to have snow on it this year. If so, i may end up camping off one of the side roads out Benton crossing. Snow should be gone there, unless we get a big, cold dump.

I was all over the dirt roads off Benton Crossing a few weeks ago, not a spec of snow. Came back to town via Antelope Springs rd (think that was the name of it?)

yeah, if there's particulars on the camping compound, that would be great!

i'm headed down on Thursday morning. shooting for turns Thurs/Fri/Sat, then head back to Tahoe Sat evening (trying to break up the long drive to SF).

i'm just throwing skis, stove, tent, and whatnot into the back of the truck and going from there. although having a definite resting place in Mammoth would be kind of cool (last 4th of July I didn't know any Mags and ended up riding and camping solo).