Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Why is this forum so judgmental

I have been looking at this forum for trip reports and gear information for years. I get a lot of great information from poeple from all of the country. However I have noticed lately that a lot of people think that they are gods gift to the world. There is a lot of shit talking going on and well whats the point? To all of you that think that you are end all say all to anything skiing screw you. I have seen so many treads where new people to the forum are insulted and turned off because of a few assholes. Can we please stop with the insulting and baggering and just talking about skiing. New people should be welcome to this forum as friends and not the attitude of fuck the new guy.

I'm quasi new here, but I certainly have no problem with peoples' attitudes. TGR is a very tight-knit community of people who, for the most part, know each other very well. There is a lot of hazing here, but the reward for it seems to be very worth it. As I'm sure anyone else would say, get used to it or go back to epicski.

Edit: This is the first time I feel I can say this, but JONG!
    Last edited by MrDirt; 12-06-2006 at 11:45 PM.

blurred, stop talking to yourself.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by nieder View Post
    Can we please stop with the insulting and baggering and just talking about skiing.
    I think you'll find your bliss here: http://epicski.com

I'll be nice... It's kind of like initiation. You're the new guy. If you can't handle the antics and the crap talk, you probably couldn't get along with the person behind the computer screen. If you're laid back and can handle the crap talk without getting your panties in a bunch, you might just fit in. This is nothing new. Any bulletin board I've ever been on where there is a great number of (near) experts, or people who are passionate about what they do, they don't accept everyone. They don't have to. You can take it with a grain of salt and a laugh, or you can leave.

and btw, I really am God's gift to the fucking world. so fucking get over it.

We fist nuns without so much as a courtesy lick, so shut the fuck up and bend over, JONG.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolition Woman View Post
    and btw, I really am God's gift to the fucking world. so fucking get over it.
    You going to post some pics to prove it??

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    You going to post some pics to prove it??
    I posted a Halloween pic, but no one was impressed.

short answer: because it can be.

longer answer: people like the community that's developed here, and want to maintain it. since it's unmoderated, the only way to really discourage the kind of posting that the group doesn't like is to post that sticky up top with guidlines and jump all over anyone that doesn't comply. this happens on lots of forums, but it's got an extra bit of spice here with the complete lack of moderation! (also, no one wants to turn into the circle-jerk that is the epic forums)

We rule. JONGs don't. We're here to remind them of the score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Squatch Guest
    it keeps people like you away.

This place sucks.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I posted a Halloween pic, but no one was impressed.

Since no one did before....

DISCUSS

My opinion: Very cute.... wait, which one are you?

Can we please stop with the insulting and baggering and just talking about skiing. New people should be welcome to this forum as friends and not the attitude of fuck the new guy.
    well what else am i gonna do with my day?
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

I have been looking at this forum for trip reports and gear information for years. I get a lot of great information from poeple from all of the country. However I have noticed lately that a lot of people think that they are gods gift to the world. There is a lot of shit talking going on and well whats the point? To all of you that think that you are end all say all to anything skiing screw you. I have seen so many treads where new people to the forum are insulted and turned off because of a few assholes. Can we please stop with the insulting and baggering and just talking about skiing. New people should be welcome to this forum as friends and not the attitude of fuck the new guy.
    Cus we're all so much cooler than you.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I'm new so I tread lightly. Once the main mags get to know that I'm not some dickhead loudmouth spewing a bunch of stupid questions I'll start ripping on them like they rip on everybody. Kinda like high school, only on the internet.

PS Here's another helpful hint from a self proclaimed newbie...provide stoke and few words till you get to at least 100 posts.
    Last edited by ecobrad; 12-07-2006 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typos

People deserve to be flamed... especially when they douche up a thread like you have
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

Or just don't be a douchenozzle.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDirt View Post
    My opinion: Very cute.... wait, which one are you?
    there are more pics of me elsewhere on here. you just have to... SEARCH, JONG!

We like to haze people, just like a frat! [seinfeld]Hey has anybody ever noticed that TGR is kinda like a...[/seinfeld]

Quote Originally Posted by ecobrad View Post

PS Here's another helpful hint from a self proclaimed newbie...provide stoke and few words till you get to at least 100 posts.
    Thats a good rule to go by no matter how many posts you have.

I should take that to heart.

by the way, JONG
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

FUCKIN' AN-AHCHY IN DA UKEIGH! (Or something like that... seriously). If there can be a place for weirdos to breed their demented sense of humor (and there can be, as exemplified by the long-lived existence of this place), there will be. This place has a sense of humor like that of the EMS personnel I have worked with: deranged and semi-condescending.

This place exists because, initially, it was possible, and because its initial possibility has precipitated its necessity. Like cars.

Granted, I have seen a STRONG emphasis on cat calls from the lift chair and lots of "yeah, I fucking ski so shredly", which may or may not be called for. I have played along with it for comic value but have never truly bought into it.

BUT, there are at least as many skiers here who fucking RIP and won't admit it even if you call them out on it. I dig that.

Skiing is conducive to derangement for a select few, and that select few should be appropriately represented in a community such as this one, which has SO many beneficial functions. Sure it's a giant high school clique, but just like a high school clique, if you don't suck and try to make everyone turn soft, you will probably not be turned away.

Take it from a kid who knows best (or I guess second best ), THICKEN YOUR FUCKING SKIN, AND THIS PLACE WILL TURN INTO GOLD FOR YOU. The rotten ugly truth is that "we" CAN'T "all just get along" because social relationships just don't work that way. Let the people who fit in here be here and let those who fit in elsewhere go there.

Like I was told once, there are usually three courses of action if you aren't immediately accepted:
    1) re-evaluate yourself and tone down
    2) keep it up and disregard what others say
    3) go away

Pick one, neider.

total hijack: how do you search for pictures? I have tried searching for [IMG] and [/img], but they never seem to turn up anything...
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    total hijack: how do you search for pictures? I have tried searching for [IMG] and [/img], but they never seem to turn up anything...
    You're totally hijacking my attention whore thread. get with the program.

j/k. just search my posts (there are few, so it won't take long) for the "TGR party pics." or something to that effect. I'm really not all that. I'm just talking crap for fun. Isn't that what this thread is about anyway?

there are more pics of me elsewhere on here. you just have to... SEARCH, JONG!
    *e-flirt* *e-flirt*

You know.. I don't think I ever really got hazed or jonged/slapped around when I started posting around here.... I feel kinda left out now that I think of it.
    sno...