Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I will be doing SteelHead 70.3 in August! Not ready to dive in for the full IM just yet. Most likely will do Memphis in May to get the season started!
    Happy training!

TL
    Congrats, it will be a day that you'll never forget!

I have one very successful IM under my belt and I'm not sure there will ever be another, but it was a great experience.

Here are a few things I learned in the process, take from them what you will.

Don't feel bad about blowing off friends for training. You're doing this for your own reasons, they might not understand. You have to be super selfish during your peak training periods.

You don't need to be a "fast" swimmer, just be smooth and efficient.

You can't ride your bike enough.

Ride as many big climbs as you can.

Don't load your bike up with a ton of shit on race day. The ride will be the best supported century you've ever done.

Don't over due the run training.

Don't aim for a time as finishing goal. Make it your goal to give the race the respect it deserves. Swim every stroke with your face in the water, perform each pedal stroke with power, and "run" every step of the marthon.

Get your nutition figured out and stick to it. Nutrition is the fouth discipline.

Don't listen to advice from too many sources, everyone's a self proclaimed expert, trust yourself and your coach. (Notice I've only done one of these fuckers!)

An IM is not about who goes the fastest as much as it is about who slows down the least.

If you earn a Kona slot, take it!

The process is an awesome thing, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaLuv View Post
    Well, duh, that is a given! And, um, dude... did you even see the OLD TO BUMPSKIER I posted in Josh's thread? It took me a long ass time to put that together, dammit!

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ight=bumpskier
    Yes, however in my case it will involve the fun pit stop of hauling my bike barefoot up a 5-story spiral staircase walkup!
    Ummmm YESSSSS I did see that ODE to Bumpskier post! I LOVE You! Didn't you see that I recognized????? Court you are MORE than welcome to come to VT and stay at my house! As stated previosuly I LOVE YOU.

Ok I am drunk and I am done posting because this is extremely challenging and is making me think harder at the moment than I am able to.

I leave you all with this - Courtney I love you (for real sister) and I thank you for your love and support. I need more girl friends like u!
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    See you in Louisville!

I'll be at Tinman too.

What are your other races?
    Cornholio let me know when you come out this way. I might come over to say hi and watch that day. I have some friends that will be in that race too. My knee is going to prevent me from doing anything longer than an OLY since I wouldn't have to train the run much for that.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    Cornholio let me know when you come out this way. I might come over to say hi and watch that day. I have some friends that will be in that race too. My knee is going to prevent me from doing anything longer than an OLY since I wouldn't have to train the run much for that.
    Will do!
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Good luck!!!

Look I finally joined like I said I would!

Quote Originally Posted by triski5581 View Post
    Good luck!!!

Look I finally joined like I said I would!
    Hey Amy! Welcome, oh and JONG.

heeheehee
    ps- did you register for nashville yet? I was going to pay my fee today...

Im all signed up for Nashville!!!

Great blog, inspiring story! Best of luck!!!

Bump because I started updating again. Thank you Danielle for harrassing me about it! :P

Also, if any JH mags want to do a training run conmigo when I'm out there next week, let me know. Probably something in the 8-10 mile range although could go longer if anyone wanted. I'll be poaching from this thread to get some where to run/trails advice.