Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Settle down nesta - Fernies opening day is close!

That's from the Mountain Conditions email list from the ACMG website, a public email list - its Dave Sarkany's gibberish. I'm sure there's a few other snow geeks who read it and were happy.

not close enough, but I already had one good day!
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    ski pen of about 25cm.
    sorry Lee, but what does this mean? How far your skis sink into the snowpack?

thanks for the great info.

pen = penetration

thanks shirk

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    hey man, thanks for the salads
    glad I could hook you up!

how's that accumulation coming? it's pouring in the 206 right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel99 View Post

Did you check the snowreport? I really wish I could pull a trip up there this week.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Did you check the snowreport? I really wish I could pull a trip up there this week.
    of course not! i'm at fucking work! That would kill me right now But I couldn't resist opening the Baker report. 10"-15" new and still dumping. Me thinks I know where I'm skiing at least one day either Thu/Sat or Sun.

puking in pemberton right now, although not settling yet. yesterday did not suck... although the melt-freeze crust was an interesting surprise in the morning.

I'll be up again on friday if anyone wants to meet up

next time your at sushi village...

big fuckin flakes stacking up nicely
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

big fuckin flakes stacking up nicely
    Like music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesestoff View Post
    puking in pemberton right now, although not settling yet. yesterday did not suck... although the melt-freeze crust was an interesting surprise in the morning.

I'll be up again on friday if anyone wants to meet up
    Sure drop me an email. Would be fun to hook up with you. Touring on Sat and Sunday.

hey man, thanks for the salads
    hehe

thanks i had them tossed just for you

!!waddadick!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Hey Funken, when are you getting into WA/BC?

.LONG TERM...A COOL UPPER TROUGH WILL FOLLOW THE THANKSGIVING DAY FRONT...AND THOSE FEATURES TOGETHER COULD PRODUCE A GOOD HEAVY SNOW EVENT FOR THE CASCADES. WE WILL LOOK INTO THIS POSSIBILITY FURTHER TODAY. IT STILL LOOKS LIKE WE WILL HAVE A RELATIVE BREAK ON SAT. BUT THE PROGRESSIVE PATTERN WILL CONTINUE WITH A SUCCESSION OF FRONTS AFFECTING THE AREA SAT NIGHT THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. MCDONNAL anti-jinx

Didn't Funken bring the jinx the season he moved here?

Maybe A$pen is a better spot for him.

Hey Funken, when are you getting into WA/BC?

.LONG TERM...A COOL UPPER TROUGH WILL FOLLOW THE THANKSGIVING DAY FRONT...AND THOSE FEATURES TOGETHER COULD PRODUCE A GOOD HEAVY SNOW EVENT FOR THE CASCADES. WE WILL LOOK INTO THIS POSSIBILITY FURTHER TODAY. IT STILL LOOKS LIKE WE WILL HAVE A RELATIVE BREAK ON SAT. BUT THE PROGRESSIVE PATTERN WILL CONTINUE WITH A SUCCESSION OF FRONTS AFFECTING THE AREA SAT NIGHT THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. MCDONNAL anti-jinx
    When I sell my Chris Isaac New Year's tix for $2000.

Couple quick pics from a cheap camera phone - opening day

opening anticipation

blackcomb looking so propa!

proving that even emerald can be fun - bc-flow slutting again

Just received the following press release:

BLACKCOMB MOUNTAIN OPENS THURSDAY in the midst of RECORD NOVEMBER SNOWFALL IN WHISTLER

Alpine Lifts, 3,800 Feet Vertical and 5,000+ Acres open by Saturday

WHISTLER, BC, November 21, 2006 – Blackcomb Mountain will open this Thursday, November 23 in the midst of a record November snowfall, and in time for the US Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Currently digging out from back-to-back storm cycles, which are dumping significant snowfalls onto the mountains, Whistler Blackcomb is having one of its best openings in memory.

The mountains have received over 300 centimetres or 10 feet of snowfall since November 1, beating the past record of November 1994 when the mountains received 272 centimetres or 9 feet. The current mid-mountain snow base is sitting at a healthy 144 centimetres or 57 inches.

“We are having one of our best openings in years,” claims Bob Dufour, Whistler Blackcomb’s vice president of operations, and a resort employee for 35 years. “Our crews are working hard to keep up with all this snow in order to get as much of the mountains open as quickly as we can. With a high avalanche danger in the out-of-bounds areas, their work is cut out for them in advance of this weekend.”

This Thursday’s opening day on Blackcomb Mountain will see the following lifts in daily operation: Excalibur Gondola and the Wizard Express providing upload from the Village and Blackcomb base; and Excelerator, Solar Coaster, Jersey Cream, and Catskinner Chairs operating mid-mountain. Glacier Express is expected to open on Friday and will remain open for the weekend, weather permitting.

On Whistler, the Creekside Gondola will begin daily operations on Thursday. Uploading will take place via the Whistler Village and the Creekside Gondolas. The Emerald Express and Big Red Express will operate mid-mountain. The Peak Chair is expected to open on Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.

“We are doing everything we can to get the alpine lifts and the terrain they access ready for this weekend,” says Dufour. “With Blackcomb’s Glacier Express opening on Friday, and Whistler’s Peak Chair opening on Saturday, visitors and locals will have more than 5,000 acres available to ski this weekend, and 3,800 vertical feet of powder heaven to carve up. It’s going to be incredible!”

Weather forecaster Bestskiweather.com has been predicting this storm pattern over the past few weeks. Environment Canada’s 5-day forecast calls for heavy snow through Friday with accumulations of up to 88 centimetres or 35 inches.

Yes!!!! life is pretty good in the PNW right now
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

$161 Den-> Sea for next week

sweeet baby jesus the alpine lifts are going to open. say good bye to some base, and hello to a few core shots.

Watch for hiden rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    The mountains have received over 300 centimetres or 10 feet of snowfall since November 1
    Im having flashbacks from last january. maybe thats why BC-Flow looks like he's only 3 ft tall
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Note to Whistler mangs: I'll be in town with Mr Clean in tow for US Thanksgiving (Thurs-Sun.) Will trade beers for ski/tour buddies. PM me if you're interested.

Ummm goddamit, if I lived in res this would be so much easier, but I'm stuck at home. I really want to go up thursday, but sneaking out early am will be hard. Anybody with room driving up by any chance?

today was really really good.