Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likwid View Post
    The French are definitely better at hardcore psychothrillers.
    Man Bights Dog made ME want to kill whoever made that movie.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Man Bites Dog was awesome, i loved it

such sick, morally invasive humor.

especially the rape scene

THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN ENTERTAINMENT AND WAR.
    -RATM
    "I think people resist freedom because they're afraid of the unknown. But it's ironic....That unknown was once very well known. It's where our souls belong....The only solution is to confront them--confront yourself--with the greatest fear imaginable. Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -Jim Morrison

String is offline PowderdDonutsMakeMeGoNuts
    Quote Originally Posted by pechelman View Post
    Happiness = most f'd up by far
    That movie is so wrong. Ken Park is up there with that.

Not as good as some of the foremantioned but "Down in The Valley" is interesting, a bit slow, Ed Norton is good though.

Throw in the "Machinist" for shits and giggles, Christian Bale is Kat Moss skinny in this one.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyDaddy77 View Post

Throw in the "Machinist"
    Basically made me think of Jacob's Ladder, rewritten. I liked it, but it seemed like the same idea.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Throw in the "Machinist" for shits and giggles, Christian Bale is Kat Moss skinny in this one.
    i read something like he lost 6 years of his life for doing this (starving himself for 8 months i think) and then beefing up big for the batman flick

dedicated fuckin actor right there
    "I think people resist freedom because they're afraid of the unknown. But it's ironic....That unknown was once very well known. It's where our souls belong....The only solution is to confront them--confront yourself--with the greatest fear imaginable. Expose yourself to your deepest fear. After that, fear has no power, and fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." -Jim Morrison

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Irreversible.

10 minute long rape scene.

Seul contre tous
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

Nobody mentioned any Andy Warhol film yet?
    Elvis has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by snoogens View Post
    Watch "In the Mouth of Madness" if you want to see something twisted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinner View Post
    "Requiem For a Dream"
    Quote Originally Posted by jtq_99 View Post
    Battle Royale
    Quote Originally Posted by trickflip View Post
    You may also like Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive. They are not quite the same style as Old Boy, but IMO are more intense.
    I could be wrong, but IMHO Old Boy beats all of those for pure fuckedupness.

I was talking to my bro-in-law on Thanksgiving about movies. I started saying "you have to see this rad movie made in Korea about..."
    He cuts me off mid-sentence and says "don't ever suggest a movie that is that fucked up to me ever again."

Apparently, I suggested it last Thanksgiving too

I really like the very long fight that was filmed in a single shot in the hallway, amazing scene. Definitely a very cool, very fucked movie.

I am going to have to go with Paul McGuigan's adaptation of Irvine Welsh's "The Acid House". Although I am waiting for someone to make a movie of Chuck Palahniuk's "Haunted". I would like to see how a director would tranfer "Guts" to the screen.

if they turn any more of chucks books into movies they should do Invisible Monsters first and then maybe get a crazy director to do Diary

chuck just came out of the closest by the way.... never woulda guessed it

Exclamation

It's a Trilogy, catch Sympathy for Mr. Vengence and Lady Vengence. Twisted stuff for sure but pretty interesting. Lady Vengence isn't as messed up as Old Boy, but still has some of the grueling twists in it, and some life changing decisions for the characters. I'm waiting for Sympathy on Netflix.

Continue the theme and watch Ichi The Killer.
    Sympathy for Mr. Vengence is one of the most intense movies I have seen. The river scene at the end was almost too much to handle!
    Oldboy is the best of the trilogy though.

if you liked "Old Boy" you will like "Audition."

for most fucked movie I've ever seen the award clearly goes to "Vulgar the Clown."

or maybe "Irreversible."
    Last edited by uncle crud; 12-11-2006 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    i just saw a movie titled 'hard candy' that was pretty fucking strange and annoying. it involved a teenage girl tying down a pedophile older man down and then performing a castration. yummy.
    except the castration is a mindfuck, she never even cuts anything.

I kinda liked the movie because it challenges the viewer on many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Key word: annoying.

I fucking hated that movie. THe whole time, it was so clever and pretended to be making some big point about the human condition and people in general, yet at the end, it was just fucking stupid. The whole point of it was to say that young girls aren't mature enough to handle sex, even if they act like they are (which is true), but that point was completly ruiined by the fact that they had some young girl who was mature enough to handle premeditated assault, tortue, and indirect murder. Thanks for the pretentious psuedo edgy psychobabble, but no thanks.
    I could be wrong but it seems to me your whole grievance is with a premise that you assume the movie is trying to advance, and therefore it disappointed you in your own expectations. I think the movie was about taking people who appear to be one thing on the surface and revealing their more disturbing qualities, much like David Lynch has done throughout his career. The seamier side of the topically pleasant stuff.

I didn't sense any "psychobabble" of any sort, let alone the "pretentious, edgy" kind.
    Last edited by uncle crud; 12-11-2006 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I am going to have to go with Paul McGuigan's adaptation of Irvine Welsh's "The Acid House". Although I am waiting for someone to make a movie of Chuck Palahniuk's "Haunted". I would like to see how a director would tranfer "Guts" to the screen.

Right there with ya'.

Chuck's sure an interesting guy but more of one i would prefer to see on-screen than face to face.

Hard Candy was good, it just never really stood up.

Sympathy for Mr. Vengence was pretty good, very drawn out though. The filming was nice, IMO. Pretty much follows the Trilogy, a couple of the scenes which are almost too much, but pull away at the right moment.

Good in by Leroy with Jacob's Ladder, great movie, didn't really get a lot of fanfare but a really good film, definitely a creeper. Tim Robbins was stellar.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

The movie Old Boy seems completely insane. I'd like to see it. Quite twisted!

I find out about some crazy-ass movies here. Thank you, maggots!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Yeah for all you Gummo lovers, check out Julien Donkey-Boy. It may not have the best opening scene of a movie (Gummo's bike riding down the streets of Xenia) or the whipping of hanging cats, but it is unbelievable to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinner View Post
    "Requiem For a Dream"
    That's a great one... heavy duty fur sure.

"Happiness" is also great and if you're still feeling happy, try "Celebration" or "Breaking the Waves". These work better than any downers I ever took.

PS- I just bought "Jacobs Ladder" and sixty other movies at a going out of business sale. Can't wait to hole up in the ski house and eat popcorn. (Also included "Hot Dog" and "Aspen Extreme"... Hey, they only $2 each!)
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Just saw "Stay" with Ewan McGreggor and Naomi Watts. Not necessarily "the most fucked up movie" I've ever seen, but definitely one that twists your interpretation of what is happening.

don't like em myself but: La Pianiste (The Piano Teacher)
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Surprised it took this long but I finally got around to watching "Requiem for a Dream" - one of the very few movies that could actually prevent drug use. How Ellen Burstyn didn't win an Oscar is beyond me. Very intense movie for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    Surprised it took this long but I finally got around to watching "Requiem for a Dream" - one of the very few movies that could actually prevent drug use. How Ellen Burstyn didn't win an Oscar is beyond me. Very intense movie for sure.

"ASS TO ASS!" Best line in the movie.

I like to watch that movie when I'm depressed, actually cheers me up.

That's the movie that lost Cannes festival Palme d'Or to Moore's 911... It got the Grand Prix instead.

I'm not sure what fucked up really means (and if that's a good thing for a film). But I would guess that Michael Haneke shot quite a few contenders for the "most fucked up movie" I ever saw.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Must have missed this the first time around.
    I am surprised that "Meet the Feebles" was never mentioned.
    Hands down the most fucked up and disturbing movie ever. It was directed by Peter Jackson too. Don't even watch the movie, just take my word for it.

Actually, nevermind- here is a clip.
    NSFW- and I still suggest not watching it. It is really disturbing.