Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Did anyone else watch Observe and Report with Seth Rogen and find it much more disturbing than funny? Granted I was pretty baked at the time but one would think that would make it funnier, no?

My all time fave mind fuck though is still Jacob's Ladder hands down. Unfortunately, I've heard they're remaking it...
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLionfish View Post
    For anyone that has seen Oldboy... I've watched the first 40 minutes... and I have hardly any idea what the hell is happening. Is it supposed to be like that, or is it just going over my head?
    I ended up re-watching that first part to get a better grip of what's really happening. But yeah, the dude was held captive for 15 years with no rhyme or reason before being released. Thought this was an excellent movie, but aside from the plot twist towards the end, not all that disturbing or fucked. Could have been a bit more interesting to depict the mind games going through his head in a fashion similar to the movie Bug.

Two words...Pink Flamingos. The chick eats a pile of dog shit and the end of the movie!!!!

i ran across a new one...french...def fucked...

Sheitan

'Sheitan' tells the story of a group of youngsters who exit a disco late one night and accidentally run into a shepherd who has prepared himself for a night of Satanic worship.

I am a pussy about this kind of shit but...

Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door fucked me up for a good couple of days.

It's about the Sylvia Likens murder in '65. I know there was another movie about the same thing that came out too, but I have no desire to put myself through the same thing to be able to say which one is more fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by ren View Post
    Two words...Pink Flamingos. The chick eats a pile of dog shit and the end of the movie!!!!
    The "chick"?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Yeah was just gonna chime in on Pink Flamingos. One of my professors was talking about it, saying he'd like to show a clip or two to illustrate something or other, but would probably get fired. This of course sparked my curiosity so I netflixed it and watched the whole thing. I dont necessarily regret watching it, but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I felt kinda sick after watching it.

Now Old Boy i've seen. The plot is twisted, and movie is intense, but it didn't "fuck" with me.

Same with Requiem. Fucked up story, but it didn't really get to me. My senior year of HS in '05, i went to a tech school for video production. There was a group of 3 or 4 kids in the class that listed Requiem as their favorite movie and would watch it like every weekend. I couldn't understand why. Sure the editing is amazing, acting good etc, but it's soooo fucking depressing. I've seen it maybe twice in my life, and have no desire to see it again. It's good at what it does, but it's not enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post
    Whoa, someone else has seen this? It's pretty hard to find outside of Netflix. Fucked up and everyone should see it because it totally changed film. When Lennon saw it he brought it to NYC and started the midnight movie madness with it; if I recall it played for over a year straight every single night. I think Dennis Hopper is also a huge fan.

Jodorowsky, the director of El Topo, has a new movie coming out this year starring Marilyn Manson.
    Just finished watching El Topo and I was immediately pulled in within the first few minutes. So many bizarre WTF moments but very well orchestrated. To me, this film is the very essence of this thread.

The movie you're thinking of is called "King Shot," is co-produced by David Lynch, and also stars Nick Nolte; it's being described as a violent metaphysical spaghetti gangster picture.
    Last edited by NPG; 08-29-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhand View Post
    cannibal holocaust
    I'm sure there are other snuff films that accomplish more, but I felt considerably uneasy watching this one. Between the turtle scene and a few others, I doubt I would recommend CH to anyone. Thought the score was great but I don't see much of a purpose here.

NPG, speaking of what goes on in someones mind (from one of your posts above), Dalton Trumbo's "Johnny Got His Gun" is very intense.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7AFmXc0wK0"]YouTube - Johnny Got His Gun - DVD Trailer[/ame]
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

City of Lost Children

Whoever mentioned Funny Games needs to have their head examined. God that movie was awful. Had to shut it off after 20 minutes given the unbearable stupidity of the main characters.

Just watched "Old Boy" per the reconmendation. Pretty intense flick, interesting fight scenes and the ending was a fucking curve ball. I feel like I should watch it again, I think I missed a lot the first time through.

Freaks was a pretty sick ass movie as well. Henry Rollins did the soundtrack right after he left Black flag.
    Rasta Eyeballs with machine guns!

No one's mentioned it, but I think The Vanishing (1988) belongs in this thread. I thought the film did a great job locking you the whole time with the ending being the final breathe of ongoing desperation that was constantly growing.

Wow, I'd forgotten about Tetsuo: the Iron Man. That's a great flick.

Not fucked up in the same way as some of the others, but if you're into totally creepy animation, check out Jan Svenkmajer's "Alice" - it's the story of Alice in Wonderland, but the animation will creep you the fuck out. Seriously.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Arrow

Ohhh just saw a good one for this thread, "Visitor Q" by Takashi Miike.
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Free Range Lobster View Post
    Irreversible.

10 minute long rape scene.

Seul contre tous
    This movie was more fucked up that Requim for a Dream which was so fucked up I never want to see it again.

I didn't even finish it. I wish I could UNSEE Irreversible.

And Johnny Got His Gun was a fucked up enough book that I don't need to see the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
    NPG, speaking of what goes on in someones mind (from one of your posts above), Dalton Trumbo's "Johnny Got His Gun" is very intense.
    Saw it last night and absolutely loved it. Certainly more obvious than Jacob's Ladder, but very intense as you said. Could never imagine being in that same position that's for sure.

another for the list: Antichrist

HOLY SHIT! is all i can say.

Gummo

Quote Originally Posted by Humble View Post
    thats the pay me to fuck my retarted sister while i jack off movie right?

...and tearing my nipple. You forgot.

What a movie.
    I'm fuckin' in! You're fuckin' out!
    -Kenny Powers

The body-parts-exiting-the-vagina scene in Gozu definitely qualifies as one of the most fucked up film moments ever.

For the record, I just watched Reanimator for the first time in years....

Wow, is that Fucked up. I like it though, so what does that say about me?
    You should have been here yesterday!

Anyone that mentioned Happiness gets a star. Yes, it was very disturbing and uneasy and everything that this thread is about, but I was surprised by some of the comedic moments throughout especially the very last line in the movie. Worth a watch for sure.

texas chainsaw is the most fucked movie I ever watched, the plot always want to kill and kill and kill.
    Boost your download speed with BittorrentBooster.
    Add emotions to your text message using SmileysToolbar.