Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Jesus, all 3 of them were caught in it.
    Just checked back into this thread to find that it involves familiar names.

Yikes, wow, whoa . Sounds like the sketch exploded pretty badly around them.

Props on the rescue and glad to hear everyone is alright.

I'm glad such a terrible situation ended with the best possible result. Kudos to to Mr. West and Xover.
    Practice Practice Practice
    Heed the red flags.

Glad everyone is okay. Poor Jason looked pretty wired when being interviewed espeically after that guy stuck the mic into his face.

Beacon practice tomorrow is a DEFINITE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Glad to hear everyone is OK. X I know that you've taken the classes and pricticed the stuff a lot, but man we want to keep you around. Stop scaring us and start slowing down a little. Good job on saving Steve guys.

Good job on the rescue fellas! Glad everyone is ok. Safety First.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    No more internal power struggle;
    We come together to overcome the little trouble.
    Soon we'll find out who is the real revolutionary,
    'Cause I don't want my people to be contrary?

All,

Many thanks for your thoughts, prayers and +vibes. Also, special thanks to those good friends that called, e-mailed or sent pm's; I got them all and heard them all. Sorry, for not responding to each of you individually .... obviously other things were being taken care of during that time - but they do mean alot.

I don't think any of us involved are ready to respond as we'd like to you yet (and as I'm sure you'd all like for us to), but over the next few days or week one us will try and get something up to share with this community as well as the folks over at TTips and Couloir as many of you are our touring partners, dear friends or just otherwise can hopefully learn from the errors in our judgement.

Thanks again.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Stay strong my man.
    The Griz

Laying in bed this morning, drinking the first cup of coffee, and hear the Today show say something about an avi in Utah. Actually jolted me out of my pnenonia induced stupor and saw the interviews. I figured that at least one or two were maggots. Glad to hear everyone is doing fine! Taking the becons deer hunting this weekend, time to do some practice. ++++vibes+++

Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

quoted from the avy report

" It should be noted that this was a text book example of a perfect rescue which was accomplished only because the touring party had the proper rescue gear and was trained in using it."

-whatever else happened I want to give big props for the obvious skills that kept our boy steve alive. Thank you for your training and thank you for saving our friend.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwater View Post

" It should be noted that this was a text book example of a perfect rescue which was accomplished only because the touring party had the proper rescue gear and was trained in using it."

-whatever else happened I want to give big props for the obvious skills that kept our boy steve alive. Thank you for your training and thank you for saving our friend.
    Well said, Frozen. I wish I had said this.
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

I don't know X yet; but, Steve and West are such good people. I have been choked up several times just thinking about how things could have resulted. So happy that the outcome was good. Props for rescue skills and vibes to familes.

Yikes...Good to hear everyone is ok out there, good work with the rescue.
    "Oh this isn't Russia Danny, is this Russia"

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    All,

I don't think any of us involved are ready to respond as we'd like to you yet (and as I'm sure you'd all like for us to), but over the next few days or week one us will try and get something up to share with this community as well as the folks over at TTips and Couloir as many of you are our touring partners, dear friends or just otherwise can hopefully learn from the errors in our judgement.

Thanks again.
    I am sure everyone here wants to hear details, but do it on your time, not ours. I, for one , want to learn from this, what you did right (great beacon work) and what went wrong. Take your time,and stay strong.

Props for a great rescue, and all coming home alive. + vibs for all.

Thanks for the update X. You guys are all in our thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by frozenwater View Post

Just saw a video on MSNBC covering this and thought they weren't as specific, they said similar.

+++++vibes+++++

Happy to hear everyone is alright.
    I'm sure this will keep everyone on their toes too, which is good.

Seeing this thread scared the shit out of me. I'm glad you all are okay.
    +++++++++++++vibes+++++++++++++++sent+++++++++++++ +++++

X- you are a solid fucker - great friend to have in the backcountry - good to know that training and thinking CAN make a difference.

Also, glad I got an ABS from mtnlion.

Hope to ski with you guys this winter - maybe you need to come visit skiddeep, shredhead, phatty (he moved back to town) and me in A-town.

Best to all three of you guys
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    All,

Many thanks for your thoughts, prayers and +vibes. Also, special thanks to those good friends that called, e-mailed or sent pm's; I got them all and heard them all. Sorry, for not responding to each of you individually .... obviously other things were being taken care of during that time - but they do mean alot.

Thanks again.
    Whenever you're ready buddy, take your time.

Also, Steve and Jason are now the first people I know who have been on national television

edit: shit, linking to the video isn't working. go here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/ and scroll down to the list of stories below the picture of shrub.

I got cold chills reading this. Went to the FOBP Avy awareness lecture in denver last night, then saw this today. Huge praise to the group for staying focused and on the required task, and courageous, during a time of what must have been utter shock. This is enormously humbling, and simultaneously amazing. Recover well; I'm glad you have such a great network with fellow maggs.

North of South, South of North, West of East
    I'm late to the party again, nothing really to add other than I am glad no lives were lost and no one was seriously physically injured.

Stay safe out there, I want to be able to randomly run into you folks in Utah (and elsewhere) for years to come.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

I have been actually working instead of following this and just yelled a "Holy Shit" in my office.

I must say it was nice to see that:
    1. Everyone came out alive
    2. The media showed this as a textbook self rescue and hopefully others were made aware of the training needed.
    3. Everyone is still alive!!!

X, please do stick around. You have a lovely little girl that needs a dad. Steve will soon feel that joy as well.

I am reminded of last years thread with DTM. We all would like to not be reminded in this way anymore buddy. Prayers sent.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Stall View Post
    good to know that training and thinking CAN make a difference.
    Um, no. This is a text book case where training and thinking completely failed. These guys shouldn't be getting kudos for acting stupid. The only reason he is alive is luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Treepinner View Post
    Um, no. This is a text book case where training and thinking completely failed. These guys shouldn't be getting kudos for acting stupid. The only reason he is alive is luck.
    Hey Jongfuck--go cunt up someone else's thread. There may have been some questionable decisions made, but that is for neither you nor I to say. And luck being the only reason he's alive is a crock of shit. He's alive because two other skiers executed a solid rescue. The slide may have been one of ignorance or a lack in judgement, the rescue, on the other hand, was well executed. Come back to the board when your head falls out of your ass.
    The Griz

WOW, glad to hear Steve is okay. I'm an emotional mix of shock and relief - congrats to the men who saved his life. I hope the recovery process is a relatively short one. Positive thoughts in your direction - all of you. Be safe out there.
    bc-lovah

Just read the thread. Glad everyone made it out alive.