Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Co ski conditions bitchen

been at copper skiing everyday since the 7th. wtf is with everyone bitching about conditions? i must have heard ehhh it so icy.. im not even going out yet till it gets good ...at least 20x ssince i got here. Its poring rain back east. i just think everyone is so spoiled here they think there to good for less then powder days. im just thrilled to be out there. i didnt see/ or feel and ice.. least not the ice im used to.
    Run-off is going to be sick !

Quote Originally Posted by skifasttakechances View Post
    been at copper skiing everyday since the 7th. wtf is with everyone bitching about conditions? i must have heard ehhh it so icy.. im not even going out yet till it gets good ...at least 20x ssince i got here. Its poring rain back east. i just think everyone is so spoiled here they think there to good for less then powder days. im just thrilled to be out there. i didnt see/ or feel and ice.. least not the ice im used to.
    Same thing happens to me in Utah....are standards are just much lower. but in return we get shitty sex more often. or wait this is about skiing...

DefJef Guest
    It's just not epic enough for mags.....it's gotta be nipple deep or else it sucks

you'll understand at about the same time you figure out how much copper sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    you'll understand at about the same time you figure out how much copper sucks.

Yeah, it's no fun.
    More gauze pads, please hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by DefJef View Post
    It's just not epic enough for mags.....it's gotta be nipple deep or else it sucks
    Hey Mr. Panties in a bunch, why don't you take your sarcastic whiny ass back over to Epic?

Right on, Skifast. I have been having fun in these less than ideal conditions, too. I just keep thinking, "it's better than Whiteface." Never mind that I have 12 core shots in my new 105's. Oh well.
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Dside11-11 View Post
    Right on, Skifast. I have been having fun in these less than ideal conditions, too. I just keep thinking, "it's better than Whiteface." Never mind that I have 12 core shots in my new 105's. Oh well.
    I saw you slay the bumps on those 105s. Pure nastiness
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gaper View Post
    Yeah, it's no fun.
    Nowhere near as cool as Keystone.

My personal favorite is when it rains for two days in a row in Denver and people get all depressed.

Yes people who are Colorado natives have little idea how spoiled they are weather-wise and for some reason are offended when you let them know their "colorful" state is really a brown desert (at least around denver).

"Colorado" actually means "Red." It's in reference to the sandstone cliffs, like in RED ROCKS.

Yes, we are spoiled here....you too will someday not want to go out unless its good, which like most on here drives you into the BC.

Glad you are happy. Now that you have skied your 20 times, take a few days off and brush up on grammar.

A bad day skiing is better than a good day working. It may not be nipple deep, but if I am sliding on snow, I'm having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A bad day skiing is better than a good day working. It may not be nipple deep, but if I am sliding on snow, I'm having fun.
    100% True. Guess I'm just pissed I wont ski as much this year as I did last year.....stupid school gettin all hard and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    "Colorado" actually means "Red." It's in reference to the sandstone cliffs, like in RED ROCKS.
    Actually, our state was name after the Colorado river.

I actually remember this from 8th grade social studies. The state may have been named after the Colorado River, but the word Colorado means "ruddy" or "red."

ive been a copper a few times myself
    theres a ton open and if you look around you can find some nice soft snow.
    Its been thankgiving conditions since opening day and Ive been super happy.

Anyway, the old adage, "theres no such thing as bad snow, just annoying gapers who cant ski," seems to apply here.

dside, 12 coreshots on the 105s?!
    damn man, you dont have any rock skis?
    well I guess you do now

colorado skiers are 100% spoiled. go ski in PA for a season, then get back to me.. I guarantee you won't ever be complaining about the snow here ever again.

Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    colorado skiers are 100% spoiled. go ski in PA for a season, then get back to me.. I guarantee you won't ever be complaining about the snow here ever again.

Jordan
    yep I am skiing Pa for couple days before coming out west again to remind myself how good I have it.

the poconos suck even worse than this side of the state though we actually get lake effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Actually, our state was name after the Colorado river.
    Ponder some more, young Grasshoppa, and enlightenment will smite the fuck outta you.

Speaking of ski conditions, it's power nuking in the Vail Valley.

Yessss!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marv Albert View Post
    Speaking of ski conditions, it's power nuking in the Vail Valley.

Yessss!!!!!
    I'm up in Wildernest right now, and it's fucking power nuking. At least 4 inches in the last hour....I should be fucking skiing, not working!!

visibilty in Breck is about 3 feet. I'll let it pile up a little more before heading up.
    Old's Cool.

I have a big meeting tomorrow or else I'd be on my way up...
    More than likely Thursday.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.