Heating Garmont Gfit liners

getting a new pair of Garmont Adrenalins and am not sure what to do about getting the Gfit liners molded. can i use a hair dryer as has been recommended elsewhere? do i need to bring it into a dealer to get heated? any ideas/suggestions?

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    spend the 10 bucks and have a guy who (hopefully) knows what he is doing bake them for you.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

Mit is offline Con-Coccyxial Concussed
    This DIU video from telemarktips.com might be what you are looking for
    "Cooking with Big Tim" - http://www.telemarktips.com/video/thermofit.wmv.

If that doesn't do it for you try searching their forum www.telemarktalk.com for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mit View Post
    This DIU video from telemarktips.com might be what you are looking for
    "Cooking with Big Tim" - http://www.telemarktips.com/video/thermofit.wmv.

If that doesn't do it for you try searching their forum www.telemarktalk.com for more info.
    the DIY vid doesn't have much detail. some useful points: heat the oven to about 220 F. put a thin piece of wood in the oven so you don't get 'grill marks' on the liners. watch the liners as they heat...the idea is to get 'em out when the upper portion of the liner starts 'unfolding' i.e. just when the liner is heated all the way through and loses shape. this doesn't take long. 10 mins or so. take 'em out, put in the footbed, and insert liner in shell. carefully put your foot in and buckle just tight enough to hold things in place.

Decide ahead of time whether you want a snug, performance fit, or if you want enough toe room to make hiking/kicking steps more comfortable. if you want a snug fit, just put some cotton wool between the toes, and let the liners cool (about 15 mins or more) while you sit on a high chair with the boots NOT touching the floor. If you want more of a backcountry fit, make thick toe caps (from neoprene, or old thick wool socks) to go under your thin socks, and stand up while the liner cools. don't walk around while they're cooling; keep the heel firmly in the heel pocket.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Thanks

Very useful info from both... will give it ago tomorrow night!