Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    It's here!! 8" when I woke up this morning and it's still coming down!

Yippee! Just took my sugar daddies in to get mounted with freeride plus's... Looks like there'll be an adventure up whis or blackcomb next week if the sky clears up!
    Believe.

Allright so we're at 55cm, +12 overnight, 30 expected tmrw, and cool temperatures and snow for all of next week.

I need a ride up there next saturday from Vancouver, will chip in for gas, and buy timbits if you stop at timmie ho's in squamish

5 DAY TREND..A SERIES OF DISTURBANCES WILL PRODUCE PROPER SNOWFALL IN THE ALPINE AREA INTO MID-WEEK.

EXTENDED FORECAST FOR WHISTLER - BLACKCOMB.
    MONDAY.. PERIODS OF SNOW.
    SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION 10 TO 20 CM.
    FREEZING LEVEL 1000 METRES.
    TUESDAY.. SNOW.
    SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION 15 TO 25 CM.
    FREEZING LEVEL 800 METRES.
    WEDNESDAY.. SNOW.
    SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION 15 TO 25 CM.
    FREEZING LEVEL 800 METRES.

STOKE LEVEL RISING

ok, so who is coming on SA? Filthyfrenchbum, Bigtrubs? shit, my first time in Whistler and i dont want to ski alone...lets meet!

I'll most likely be heading up friday night... Will tentatively have 4 empty seats... If you don't mind having skis on top of you
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

I'll be heading up Saturday early am with a big boner making the drive uncomfortable
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein View Post
    I'll be heading up Saturday early am with a big boner making the drive uncomfortable
    Tape it to your belly.

Am I hearing that maaaaybe they'll open Friday...? Maaaaaaaybe?
    Believe.

PSA: Whistler opening early

Whistler Mountain Opening Early - Saturday Nov. 18, 2006

Looking for up-to-the-minute snow reports for Whistler Blackcomb? Look no further. You'll find forecasts, snow accumulations, upcoming events and everything else you'll need to plan your day on the slopes right here on the Official Whistler Blackcomb snow report.
    Monday, November 13, 2006

This past weekend, over 75 cm (over 2 feet) of snow has fallen on Whistler Blackcomb Mountains and the forecast is for snow to continue for the rest of the week. With this incredible snow fall, Whistler Mountain will OPEN early on Saturday, November 18 for the rest of the Winter 2006/07 season. Blackcomb Mountain will open as scheduled on November 23.

Quote Originally Posted by taynton View Post
    Whistler Mountain Opening Early - Saturday Nov. 18, 2006

Looking for up-to-the-minute snow reports for Whistler Blackcomb? Look no further. You'll find forecasts, snow accumulations, upcoming events and everything else you'll need to plan your day on the slopes right here on the Official Whistler Blackcomb snow report.
    Monday, November 13, 2006

This past weekend, over 75 cm (over 2 feet) of snow has fallen on Whistler Blackcomb Mountains and the forecast is for snow to continue for the rest of the week. With this incredible snow fall, Whistler Mountain will OPEN early on Saturday, November 18 for the rest of the Winter 2006/07 season. Blackcomb Mountain will open as scheduled on November 23.
    ENJOY!!!! Nothing like early openings!

Just picked up my skis today after a free waxing
    Gotta love the UBC Ski&Board hookup
    "Who's the chump doing 140kph in the fast lane!!?" - German autobahns kick ass!

hmmm, i have tuesday the 21st - sunday the 25th off, and am seriously considering a trip up to whislter to ski some thanksgiving pow...

any canadian mags know if they will have the bus running from the vancouver airport to whistler running yet? also, best optins for lodging? check the whistler web site?

30-40 cm?? Thats like 6 feet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
    30-40 cm?? Thats like 6 feet!!
    What? that's like 1 ft to 1' 4"
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

mua ha ha. I'll be up... um.... every day..... for like, ever.... starting sat. See y'all there.
    Believe.

Quote Originally Posted by freshies View Post
    also, best optins for lodging? check the whistler web site?
    I'm sure they have lots of nice stuff for $200 a night. There's a hostel up there if you like cheap. There's also some club cabins, like UBC Whistler Lodge that rent to the public.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    I'm sure they have lots of nice stuff for $200 a night. There's a hostel up there if you like cheap. There's also some club cabins, like UBC Whistler Lodge that rent to the public.
    yeah, last few times i have been to W/B we rented a house with a bunch of folks, but will be flying solo on this last-minute journey...

maybe i can find something in the village for cheap as its early season...need to start searching the interweb.

anyone want to trade a few nights in whistler for a few nights in tahoe (i own a house in truckee and would hook a W/B local up for a place to lay my head next week...).

WB opening up early...yay! This is gonna be the earliest I've skied
    I'll be heading up Saturday and if anyone has some room for this blondie....rugbydave or pulver...I'll share gas and buy ya a Timmy's for the ride. Let me know.

Fuck I can't wait. Most likely will be up there Saturday, just got to finish like 12 assigments before then. Alright!

Ah, I can't deciede if I want to hit up Baker or Whistler on the weekend.
    "A lack of planning and preparation on your part does not make it an emergency on my part."

If anyone leaving from UBC has space I'd like a ride to whis on Saturday please, will chip for gas, buy dohnuts .

***BE CAREFUL OUT THERE***

There's a shit ton of snow, and none of it is bonded. postman said he was skiing trees near squamish, dropped 2 feet into a small clearing, and managed to set a deep slide off. It didn't go very far because of the area they were in (it's lucky that they were being so avy conscious), but that layer could do some major damage.

There's more snow on the way, and it hasn't had a chance to settle at all. Stay inbounds, ski with a buddy, and for god's sake wear a beacon. I don't want to lose any friends.

That said, FKNA it's winter. Time to get balls deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Samwich View Post
    ***BE CAREFUL OUT THERE***

There's a shit ton of snow, and none of it is bonded. postman said he was skiing trees near squamish, dropped 2 feet into a small clearing, and managed to set a deep slide off. It didn't go very far because of the area they were in (it's lucky that they were being so avy conscious), but that layer could do some major damage.

There's more snow on the way, and it hasn't had a chance to settle at all. Stay inbounds, ski with a buddy, and for god's sake wear a beacon. I don't want to lose any friends.

That said, FKNA it's winter. Time to get balls deep.

Thank you. Speaking of which, buy new batteries for your beacons already people!
    Believe.

110cm in next 4 days? holy shit...the forecast looks $$