Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: PNW March Mini

Yes, tibaher and Stealth, nice skiing with you. I was showed some of the goods and I guess I can't say I don't find Stevens interesting anymore. Alpy will still be my favorite 'cause I get some skiing before getting to work on Tuesdays but Stevens has some nice lines. They're just a bit off the obvious path.

I may pass on Baker Don't feel like driving 6 hours for a few hours of ski in between, and can't make it for two days. But we'll see. If I don't see you there, have fun!

drC

6" new at Baker... Wheeee!

Come on DrC, put your fartbag on, gear up like Capt. Extremo with your ropes and ice axes, jump in your Miata and get up here.

edit: post if you are still planning on coming to Baker and what you'll be wearing... orange coat, orange BS106s.
    Last edited by BakerBoy; 03-26-2004 at 08:39 AM.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

I'll be at Baker with a buddy in tow saturday morning. We meeting up anywhere? If not I will monitor 5-4 and try to link up with you dudes. Should feel great to get back on skis after a prolonged mostly work-related absence.

Rusty

oh yeah, black boeri shorty, greenish HH jacket, black pants (size XXXXL and yes, they are for sale), yellow/orange solomon boots, and likely Bandit XXXs with Freerides.

Can't see driving the 6 hours, especially when I need to be home by 4:30, so it's off to Crustal for me.

Chin Nookie Express about 8:00.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Green North Face Jacket, Black Pants, some sort of plank strapped to my feet, black Giro helmet.

Are we meeting somewhere? I've never skied at Baker so a tour would be appreciated.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Fokk all this - who wants to go out and get drunk?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

So I take it KQ that you are not "in" this weekend? I'm afraid I'm not "in" this weekend myself after all. Damn employees getting sick and all - and having two positions unfulfilled.

I'm afraid though I will be able to go get drunk, I doubt that you will be in a position to find me without much travel or travail, or perhaps it is travel to vail, I don't know.

I will be in Seattle! on the evening of the Day of Fools for a night of music and imbibation at the Tractor Tavern with my friends and their various instruments if anyone is around. Else I will be back at Baker for the following weekend.

Tractor, Thurs, 4/1, eh?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Would also like a tour -- my first trip to Baker.

Tractor pull? Sweet.

Originally posted by Buster Highmen
    Tractor, Thurs, 4/1, eh?
    Doable.........very doable..........

Thurs, April 1

Genre bending New Jersey band with bluegrass roots

RAILROAD EARTH
    BARBED WIRE CUTTERS

9pm * $10adv/$12dos

Railroad Earth

Barbed Wire Cutters

TAPS:
    $4 / $13

Alaskan Amber
    Elysian IPA
    Fat Tire Amber
    Hale's Pale Ale
    Mac & Jack's African Amber
    Maritime Navigator (dark weizen bock)
    Mirror Pond Pale Ale
    Widmer Hefeweisen

$4-$4.50

Guiness
    Newcastle Brown Ale
    Strongbow Cider

BOTTLES:
    $2.75

Budweiser
    Bud Lite
    Miller High Life
    Rainier

$3.50

Corona
    Heineken (cans)
    Kaliber (non-alcoholic)
    Mike's Hard Lemonade
    New!!! Shiner Bock (from Texas!)
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Is there a meeting time/place at Baker? I'm interested in going up, but don't want to be flailing around without meeting any of y'all. On the other hand, Crystal is seductively close and will also be very, very good tomorrow.

Me: Blue shell, black pants, silver/black Leedom helmet, G41s, Raichles. Radio on 5-4.
    D'oh!!

Thumbs up

COP on the homefront
    Crystal Beckons tomorrow
    and Stevens sunshine Sunday!

I wish we could make the trip to mtbaker.us but lack of employ has presented problems ie: previously procured permits prevent planned proclivity with the plethora of maggots... will change nickels on 5-4 both days

Well I'm not copping out on the Baker scene- Bottom of Chair 1, over on the patrol A frame side of the line 8:45, black helmet with the jolly roger and G4s on the feet.

FOr anybody heading to Crystal tomorrow....today was really really good! Wind scoured, but once you dropped below any ridges it was beautifully wind deposited. And it was DEAD today. See all y'all up there tomorrow- have fun Baker crew! Did I mention that it was PUKING snow all day today, including when I left at 3??????
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Oh yeah, if anybody wants to go ski some BC around Baker, I'm down if conditions warrant- rip inbounds fresh Sat am, migrate past boundary lines for the goods later. Bring yer gear, everyone.

Another recent shot to tantalize...

Okay, meeting up with Baker Boy and anyone else headed OB (if conditions warrant) for Saturday. If not, inbounds will be just fine.

Channel on 5-4. Got to get my turns in quick, managed to change to a flight later in the day so got to haul ass to Seatac from Baker at 1:30pm.

Shooting for that early start on chair 6.5 (?) or is that 4.5 (?).

Blue Helly; Black Leedom; Gray Pants; Tan Dakine Pack riding on the B'3's manana.

Cool, see ya tommorrow at 6.5 or 4.5 (whatever that means....) early...IE 8:45?

It's that quad you can hike to from the White Salmon Parking Lot up the road. Probably lapping that chair for a while and then,,, hopefully, the BC will have stable conditions I can't wait to hike up the Arm...

Baker is so lonely

Wind, snow, socked in -- excellent skiing. I rolled in around 10am, put on my gear while my truck filled with snow and hit the slopes. I didn't feel on my game so I hit the lodge for some coffee and a chocolate brownie the size of a brick. With some sugar and caffeine in my blood life got better. I never did find other maggots but I was busy.
    Chair 6 during rush hour:
    http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic21147.jpg

Now I have to dry my gear.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Originally posted by KQ
    Doable.........very doable..........

Thurs, April 1

Genre bending New Jersey band with bluegrass roots

RAILROAD EARTH
    BARBED WIRE CUTTERS

9pm * $10adv/$12dos

Railroad Earth

Barbed Wire Cutters
    Sounds like fun. The Barbed Wire Cutters from Bellingham are no longer as shown in their website. Adam the banjo player and Josh the bass player, (one of my sons teachers at school), aren't in the band any more. The new bass players name is Andy, can't remember his last name, he also plays jazz and is great. Also Mike Grigoni on dobro, another great player. Still a good band, just different.
    Last edited by fiddler; 03-27-2004 at 07:44 PM.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

We'll be at White Salmon, the first lodge turnoff, chair 7 before 9, I hope. From there to 4.5 or 6. Graham with Red helmet, yellow jacket, black pants, white Odyssey skis with PM stickers. Me black helmet with velcro on top and PM and Kirkwood stickers and black pants blue & gray jacket Head Monster Cross skis.
    DINMS and his dad should be there too, on channel 9-31. I'll monitor that and 5-4.
    Snow Dog, you coming back tomorrow?

24 HOUR FORECAST OF PRECIPITATION IN INCHES OF WATER EQUIVALENT
    ENDING AT 4AM
    SAT SUN
    MT BAKER .75-1 .25

WASHINGTON CASCADES NEAR AND WEST OF THE CREST...
    CASCADE PASSES...STEVENS...SNOQUALMIE...WHITE PASSES...
    Occasional light to moderate rain or snow showers Friday
    afternoon, heaviest in the Mt Baker area. Light to moderate rain
    or snow developing Friday night. Rain or snow changing to showers
    early Saturday, possibly moderate near Stevens to Snoqualmie
    Passes in convergence. Showers diminishing Saturday late morning
    or midday with partial clearing. Becoming mostly fair Saturday
    night.
    SNOW LEVELS--CASCADE MTNS
    3000 ft N, 3500 ft C, 4000 ft S Friday afternoon
    3000 ft N, 3500 ft C, 4500 ft S Friday night
    3000 ft N and C, 4000 ft S early Saturday
    FREEZING LEVELS
    4000 ft N, 4500 ft C, 5000 ft S Saturday aft and night

http://www.seawfo.noaa.gov/products/OSOMTB
    24 hourly report didn't paste very well so check this link to find out conditions each hour.
    They also have Crystal, Stevens, Alpental, Paradise and other places too.
    Last edited by fiddler; 03-26-2004 at 10:04 PM.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

My mistake. Chair 4.5 is the quad that runs up toward mid-level of Hemispheres. Look for (at least me) there for the early morning- then if the Arm seems stable, a few laps on 8. (fingers crossed hoping avie danger doesn't suck and get sketch like last visit to Baker)

Finally checked messages on my cell phone and words from Baker Boy's mouth "Get everyone on the Board up here tomorrow (saturday) cause it's fucking going to go off... and it did today".

So sack up and head to Big Bad Baker tomorrow

puking snow all day and tonight- bc should be good.

I'm bummed I can't join you guys..new snow and all...but the trees have me slammed....

Maybe I'll buzz up Sunday..by then it sounds like it'll be muck though.

It would be good to ski with you maggots, and see some the Baker clan..Dean, Rene, Jesse and the rest of the Air Bears..they were some of the best ski models I've ever shot!

Baker rules...some of my best stuff was shot there.
    Last edited by rbtree; 03-26-2004 at 10:18 PM.

Alarm: set.