Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: PNW March Mini

Thumbs up

I'm in. Most likely Fri-Sun.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I'm in for Baker on Sat and Sun. Will link up after work on Friday if any of you are planning to meet somewhere to eat/drink, etc...

I may bring some friends, but if I don't, I can fit two of y'all in the van if ya got a good sleeping bag.

Rusty

Could someone fill me in so I don't have to read 4 pages of thread to figure out this party weekend...

I'm planning on being at Crystal on wednesday and would be down for a Stevens and Baker mission after that.

Are we still on? Snow doesn't look very nice

drC

Have fun out there. Dammit, I hate having to back out. Thought I could swing at least one day off this week, but bossman says not this week. As for weekend, catching a flight to Big Sky that my dumbass previously booked to leave SEA at 4pm which makes Baker out of reach. Yeah I'm a pussy. And the Baker bc picture looks a lot kinder than the bc slop I skied at Alpe all weekend. Dammit! Well, perhaps a secondary mini @ either Crustal or Alpe on their last day of the season? : For those that make it for some turns, enjoy 'em!

this whole mini-thing is this week huh? unless it's sunny or snowy, i probably won't be up for much until the weekend.

the snow looks yellow!!!
    http://216.211.130.145/skicrystal/im...cmsnowcam2.jpg

changing nickels on channel 2-7 tomorrow
    or bottom of 6 at 10

tibaher- see you at crystal tomorrow...please oh please oh please let it stay cold....
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Wear your raingear. Pass temps forecast to be lower 40's tomorrow.

Originally posted by tibaher

the snow looks yellow!!!
    http://216.211.130.145/skicrystal/im...cmsnowcam2.jpg

changing nickels on channel 2-7 tomorrow
    or bottom of 6 at 10
    yeah, what's with all the yellow shading in that pic?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

For those meeting up this week for the PacNW Mini, Ullr looks to smile upon you! Enjoy. For those not able to make it to Baker, I'll be at either Alpe or Crustal for a Saturday morning session.

RAIN AND SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION 3 TO 5 INCHES. SNOW LEVEL 4500 FEET. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER 40S. EAST WIND IN THE PASSES 10 TO 15 MPH.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT
    SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. SNOW ACCUMULATION 2 TO 4 INCHES. SNOW LEVEL 3000 FEET. WEST WIND IN THE PASSES 10 TO 15 MPH SHIFTING TO THE EAST AROUND 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

THURSDAY
    RAIN AND SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION 2 TO 4 INCHES. SNOW LEVEL 4500 FEET. AFTERNOON PASS TEMPERATURES IN THE LOWER 40S. EAST WIND IN THE PASSES 10 TO 15 MPH.

THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT
    SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. SNOW LEVEL 4000 FEET.

Who's going to Stevens Pass tomorrow? Where could we meet?

drC

PTTP indeed

looks like it turned into a decent day up in the mountains today... 'course I was too much of a Sally to get out of bed when the snow report sayz drizling at the base, but 32 degrees and snowing in Green Valley. Sorry girlski90210 if you waited at chair 6 I'm pretty sure it's been snowing at Baker all day!

doc, 9:30 at the clock tower

Just checked:

Baker 6" new at 29F
    Stevens 0" new at 37F

Stevens forecast to have fL at 3000 tonight but east wind and warm temps tomorrow.

Been trying to make it for tomorrow, but looking unlikely as I am short handed due to sick employees.

Pretty small turnout at CM today. Blue skies till 10:00, then it dumped snow the rest of the day.

Upper mountain was closed due to windhold? My guess is low attendence. (Another prime example of crystal's new ownership)

Oh, sorry about the hijack. Have fun on the rest of the mini.

Re: PTTP indeed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tibaher
    [B]looks like it turned into a decent day up in the mountains today... 'course I was too much of a Sally to get out of bed when the snow report sayz drizling at the base, but 32 degrees and snowing in Green Valley. Sorry girlski90210 if you waited at chair 6

No worries...logic reared it's ugly head and said that because upper mtn wasn't open and it hadn't snowed that much, I should probably go to school and study instead... Stoked that Baker got some today though...

Who'll be at Stevens tomorrow? I plan to. FRS radio channel 5.9. Any meet point?

drC

Clock Tower at 9:30- I'll be there- Black helmet with the Jolly Roger- are we skiing inbounds or BC?

Originally posted by Stealth Radness
    Clock Tower at 9:30- I'll be there- Black helmet with the Jolly Roger- are we skiing inbounds or BC?
    Either works for me. I'll get my avy gear. Tell me if BC = skinning so I know to get the heavy stuff too (Trekkers).

Clock Tower. Where is that? [drC = Stevens JONG, really.] 9:30's likely to be a bit early for me though

I'll have a dark gray Giro 9, black pants, orange or red top, and G4s.

drC

24 HOUR FORECAST OF PRECIPITATION IN INCHES OF WATER EQUIVALENT
    ENDING AT 4AM
    THURS FRI
    MT BAKER 1 .5-.75
    STEVENS PASS .25-.5 .25-.5

EXTENDED WEATHER FORECAST ...FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY...
    Light to moderate showers increasing Friday morning and becoming
    moderate to occasionally heavy showers or thundershowers Friday
    afternoon and evening, decreasing Friday night. Light rain or
    snow developing and increasing later Friday night or early
    Saturday north and Olympics. Warming with increasing clouds and
    light rain or snow spreading briefly and weakly southward
    Saturday, decreasing south and central late Saturday and early
    Sunday. Much warmer with decreasing light rain or snow north
    early-mid Sunday with slow clearing spreading northward mid-late
    Sunday.

SNOW LEVELS
    2-4000 ft N and S Friday through early Saturday
    4-6000 ft N, 6-8000 ft S late Saturday and early Sunday
    7-9000 ft N, 8-10,000 ft S later Sunday

Friday looks great at Baker and elsewhere almost as good, not as much new snow.

Saturday early at Baker should be great.
    I'll have a black Boeri helmet with stickers, black pants with fully functional black duct tape, blue and grey jacket. Head Monster Cross skis.
    bakerboy, mbs and company are on channel 5-4. If I forget to switch I'll still be on 9-31 where DINMS and dad will also be. Somebody remind me to get new batteries.
    Question: Heather Meadows Lodge (upper) or White Salmon (lower, shorter drive)? Chairs open at 9.
    I'll be staying inbounds where there should be some maggnion fun available. Anyone wanting to rent BC gear like beacons etc should be at Glacier Ski Shop in Glacier at 8 sharp.
    Get up early and check this out: http://www.seawfo.noaa.gov/products/OSOMTB
    Last edited by fiddler; 03-25-2004 at 03:18 AM.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

DrC- Clock tower is right by the ticket windows and Big Chief (yellow) lift. Bring beacon and shovel for ridge hikes- skinning gear in the car for later, perhaps. We'll roll back by the clock tower at 10:30 or radio @ 5.9. See ya there.

Today: 5" new at Stevens, 13" new at Baker. Have fun.

Tomorrow: Baker will still be good...

Saturday: Still good...

mbs took off for an interior BC trip for a week yesterday, so thank him for leaving...
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Enjoy the snow, bastards. I'm stuck at work and it's dumping.
    I must get to Baker. Even if it's only for about 3.5 hours of touring on Saturday.

For those of you lucky bastards who skied today...anywhere in the PNW...how was it?

really good!!!

fresh tracks on every run, and then some. met up w/ stealth-radness and dr crash later around 11 nice skin with you dudes!

no pics to share sorry, but it was _A_typical cascade snow, shared w/ good friends and there was plenty to share.

highlights were pro chute, and big chief trees, also tye bowl and shimms were still holding some goods. 7th will be sweet tomorrow! and yeah Baker will too Im sure, see you on Sunday unless we get a pineapple express on Saturday.