Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: PNW March Mini

Alcoholic? Alcoholics Goesh to Meetings, Ish A DEERUUNNK!!! "hic"
    Der Bump
    Living vicariously through myself…

I'm in for Baker either Friday or Saturday 3/27 or 3/28. I leave for Big Sky/Jackson on Sunday.

What's the status of the mini? Sounds like:

Stevens: Thursday
    Baker?: Friday
    Baker: Saturday

?????

How long will the mini be? I vote for a Tuesday at Alpental if we get that far. And definitely for a Saturday at Baker with BB showing us the goods, 'cause I want to go there

drC

What days/areas are the shell 1/2 price coupons good for? Anyone know?
    Living vicariously through myself.

so is 27 and 28th gonna be the best date? it works for me.
    my only obsticle is lodgin.

26th-28th March? Mmmkay. How bout Friday alpental and saterday/sunday baker...so I'll be there, garenteed.

I'm all up for a trip reort! BTW.
    No.

So it looks like we can all agree on Saturday March 27th at Baker.
    Perhaps we could start the mini on Friday night in Bellingham and book some rooms at an el cheapo motel or pitch in for something on the Mt. Baker highway? I'm also okay with driving up at 6am from Seattle and carpooling for the day- ending with an apres reception at

So for right now, let's confirm one day of the mini for 3/27.

Baker peeps, input please.

I checked - the 2 for 1 deal is Stevens on Thursday.

Lodging - Should be possible to hook something up in Glacier. Whole lot closer to the mtn, and a fair number of mags call it home or at least weekend home like me.

Apres - my trailer is wee bit small for a rager or I'd offer. Right-after Apres at the tap room are fine if we have some kind of carpool going to get back to Glacier.

If folks wanted to throw down on a house rental/hospitality room, I'd bring the BBQ and I could possibly throw down on a keg.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Or Saturday apres at Graham's??? say about 5pm?

if people are staying in glacier, i call the other half of bakerboys bed...what a hunk although glacier is closer, there is absolutey nothing to do there. Bellingham does have quite the social scene if people don't mind an extra 40 min of driving.

I'll definately be up there saturday, and probably sunday too. Midweek, hopefully will be working and earning duckets towards the trans blue santa cruz bullit with all black super t
    smoke crack and worship satan

28th-thats my birthday! ill try to go-gotta talk to the parents. ive never skied w/ any maggots so i really wanna go! hopefully i will be able to.
    yeah

Hahhaa. Nice WC.

I'll check out house rentals in Glacier. My buddy had a bachelor party up there, and it was fairly cheap. Big place too. I'd offer my place, but it really won't hold more than 10 drunks passed out. I think the course of action on Saturday should be ride until 4, and then hit up the Tap Room for awhile. Head down to Glacier, and either eat at Milanos or Grahams. Later on, either the bar at Grahams or my place to party I suppose.

I'll go and ride at Stevens and Alpensmall if the conditions are good.

If anyone wants a tour at Baker, they had better bring avy gear.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

25th and 26th sounds good. I have to be in Poulsbo for some training on Saturday but I'll try to make it back into town for partying that night. I'll plan on crashing in my truck but if we find cheap lodging I'd be up for splitting a room with somebody.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Sounds like a hella party!
    I'll plan on it...

Originally posted by bluewood_skier
    28th-thats my birthday! ill try to go-gotta talk to the parents. ive never skied w/ any maggots so i really wanna go! hopefully i will be able to.
    we could carpool if come through wenatchee.

Sounds like a blast. I'll do my best to make it. Willing to share lodging...KQ...?

I've missed my old Baker days, Dean, Rene, Jesse...among others were great pals..and ski models...and lately, me and my camera are coming out of hiding...look out Grant!! lol!!

Fack! It sounds like this is coming together!

Avy Gear. Check.

Here are some shots of Baker two weeks ago in case there are any doubters that can't make it.

And another. Haven't quite figured out the mulitiple picture post format.

Roll Call for lodging...3/26 and 3/27

Shamelessly looking for a place to crash Friday night and/or Saturday night. Anyone able to offer space or willing to pitch in to get one of them houses in Glacier?

About those Shell/Texaco vouchers, Wednesday at Alpental and Thursday at Stevens. The Shell in Deming does not have vouchers.
    I have no avy equipment. Anyone else figure on staying in bounds?
    If you show up at the Glacier Ski Shop right at 8am you can rent a beacon and other stuff.
    I don't know if I can offer crash space but have a Sub wagon with funky ski rack for the ride up from Bham.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Originally posted by fiddler
    About those Shell/Texaco vouchers, Wednesday at Alpental and Thursday at Stevens. The Shell in Deming does not have vouchers.
    I have no avy equipment. Anyone else figure on staying in bounds?
    If you show up at the Glacier Ski Shop right at 8am you can rent a beacon and other stuff.
    I don't know if I can offer crash space but have a Sub wagon with funky ski rack for the ride up from Bham.
    I'm kinda inclined to stay inbounds but I'm planning on owning a beacon/shovel/probe by then. I'm just not sure I'll be competant with the beacon by then.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

I'm so pumped for this.
    If ganging up on a house is a smart option, count me in, otherwise I'll be motelling and looking for roommates. I'll drive up from Portland in a 4wd subaru wagon Friday afternoon-evening. If you want a seat in my ride claim it (or maybe we can convince Viva to drive his awesome new truck) - I hope this makes it easier for Bend maggots to make the trip.
    BC gear - I havetracker-shovel-probe-clue-At rig-2 packs. I'd love the tour and would be down to share my gear if the touring is half day or if I ski inbounds one of the days. Let's make the most of it.

Is Don Squirellioni 99 looking into options on a house for the weekend?
    another Handsome Boy graduate

I'm down with the full BC tour, conditions permitting. The BC kicked major ass on my first visit. Char, if you are in Seattle-drop a note and we could always set up a beacon session somewhere for anyone wanting to brush up. I know I'm always up for that.

If anyone has suggestions and there's enough interest on renting a crash/uhhh, party pad in Glacier- I could help arrange something? Suggestions, please...

Alcoholic? Alcoholics Goesh to Meetings, Ish A DEERUUNNK!!! "hic"
    I work with these guys a bit in the summer. Some of there places are big enough that you can really pack'em in.
    Living vicariously through myself…

I'm in. I'll be there with Avy gear.
    Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk