Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LCC Snow Cover

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler View Post
    It's like those people that don't want their shoes to get dirty so they only wear them inside
    I'm trying to get my mind around this one.

Do those people go barefoot outside?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sethpistol1 View Post
    First turns of the seasaon = Slay3d. Hiked Alta today...not great, but worthy of saying my season has officially gotten under way. Sorry, no pics as I was alone today.
    You didn't happen to be leaving at about 4:45 did you? Do you remember a guy in a blue jacket just stepping from the GMD parking lot onto the snow as you were hoisting your skis? I asked, "How's it going?" If that was you, your response was, "Much better now."

Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Pow View Post
    Pull out the nice boards once Devils opens. Takes 85"+. Until then plan on rocks.
    Who calls it "Devils?"

If you ski hard in steep and tight terrrain you will hit rocks all year long. It's part of life. Winds and people scour off the snow as fast as it lands on many high points. You can try and be light on your feet, but in the end, you either have fun and replace gear as it's shot or you'll avoid the better terrain and leave the freshies to the rest of us. If you are pokey every place there is a rock you will piss off a lot of people who want to just blow by you. Just telling you now.
    Amen. If you plan on launching a lot this season, get used to skiing with fucked up bases/edges.

Skied the shoulder on thursday, which is pretty much a big boulder field under the snow and hit something on about every other turn. My snow covered, shit eating grin was in no way effected by those little rocks, however. Like the Freeheeler was saying, I don't think I have ever taken a run in, say, garbage chute and not hit something. That is, when I'm not just airing the whole thing out.
    You look like I need a drink.

And who does your base repairs?

If you ski hard in steep and tight terrrain you will hit rocks all year long. It's part of life. Winds and people scour off the snow as fast as it lands on many high points. You can try and be light on your feet, but in the end, you either have fun and replace gear as it's shot or you'll avoid the better terrain and leave the freshies to the rest of us....
    Too true - they're tools, not jewels. Plus, half the point of the quiver (imo) is that one pair can be on the Injury list, but you're still good to go, as you have others to fill in for them until you get round to filling shots (or getting someone else to!)
    Last edited by jonski; 10-30-2006 at 02:37 AM. Reason: spelung
    Riding bikes, but not shredding pow...

I may need to start a new thread for this, but does anyone ski Snowbasin? I keep hearing about the terrain, the week-old freshies, the OB... Plus the pass is cheap. Any opinons?

Skied Baldy Chute this morning. Had to side step rock for the first 100ft or so, then it skied nice to near the bottom. Then traversed out lightfooting over rocks in the apron.

The couloir itself had blown in nicely.