Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    I really prefer a sweeter, mild to medium bodied roll.

Cojimar Mango senoritas are my "everyday" smoke (more like every 2 or 3 days)

I also like the Rocky Patel Javas, CAO Gold, Romeo, and Indian Robustos

Dominicans.
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, other times it is a big fat cock.

Zino Platinum Scepter

I recently learned that the FDA is taking a closer look at premium cigars. Last few months I've been back on the cigar program.
    Thoughts ?
    2-3 stogies a week ain't gonna hurt ya
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/23/fda-...um-cigars.html
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Macanudo are pretty good & anything free except for Colts and Old Port
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

I heard Monica prefers a double Churchill, with a maduro wrapper for more friction
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Romeo E Jullietta Reserva real or vintage cabinet selections robustos clean, medium body smokes that smoke consistent from start to finish. They do light strong, but mellow really really quickly.

Ghurka 18 year aged robustos. I little bigger smoke, but lots of flavors.

I ordered from these guys last night for the first time. website is clunky but the girl on the phone was great. Then I found THIS: http://www.thompsoncigarauctions.com...art=1&status=1

they're 100 years old and in FLA.
    Any suggestions on who has the best deals ?
    I've been shopping online for a few months now. free shipping is key. Gotta get a real humidor now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Macanudo are pretty good & anything free except for Colts and Old Port
    yer Canuckian so you are more likley to get to Cuba where the farmer cigars are good and cheap, the tour guide told us if they don't have the little band there is no limit on how many you can bring in , I got a bail of 12 wrapped in a corn husk for 15$

tobacco was grown by the farmer and rolled at home by his wife (she works at the factory) she uses honey to hold the leaf together
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yer Canuckian so you are more likley to get to Cuba where the farmer cigars are good and cheap, the tour guide told us if they don't have the little band there is no limit on how many you can bring in , I got a bail of 12 wrapped in a corn husk for 15$

tobacco was grown by the farmer and rolled at home by his wife (she works at the factory) she uses honey to hold the leaf together
    +1 on value of going in country and getting non-branded/farmer goods. Also, it’s not hard as a ‘Murican.

you can get down there now? I thot the US gov were relaxing and then they weren't , 70% of the visitors to Cuba have been Canadian and I didnt see any Americans

It popular for the high schools to go for the cultural exchange and because the band teacher wanted to stock up on cigars, so I was a Chaperone and I got the cigars

this one time at band camp
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Actually, I was never a fan of cubans. When I was smoking heavily, Fuente 8-5-8 Natural Wrap.
    Click. Point. Chute.

cannot believe I missed this in all the years.

Macanudo toros and churchhills most every time, if they are available
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post

I was thinking we should get a collective group buy going. I keep seeing 80% off on lots of stellar stogies but I'm not throwing down for a whole box. I tend to go for 5 or 10 packs and free shipping and not spending over $2 bucks a pop. I wanna step up my game, though. Rocky Patels and the upper level of good cigars.
    Let me know what you guys think. I'd even be into doing trades. I've been saving some shipping boxes and bubble wrap, just in case.

Man, Churchills are a major time commitment. Anything over about 45 minutes and I'm done regardless of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Slopetime View Post
    Man, Churchills are a major time commitment. Anything over about 45 minutes and I'm done regardless of the stick.
    if I plan sit thru a football or baseball game, i'll get 2 churchhills; usually they last the whole game; for sitting around with a group; one small cigar is plenty for me.

if I plan sit thru a football or baseball game, i'll get 2 churchhills; usually they last the whole game; for sitting around with a group; one small cigar is plenty for me.
    Damn, now that's a smoke session !!

do you guys have a humidor ? I've been going with a zip lock bag and a damp sponge in the sun lit window. gotta get a better cap snipper and a torch, too.
    The plastic cases look sweet to bring a few stogies on the hill for a last run smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    do you guys have a humidor ? I've been going with a zip lock bag and a damp sponge in the sun lit window. gotta get a better cap snipper and a torch, too.
    The plastic cases look sweet to bring a few stogies on the hill for a last run smoke.
    I do but do not use it as I average 2 cigars per week and always by them the day of or day before I will smoke them.

box of Miraflor Toro Habanos were waiting for me when I got home last night.
    5 for $30 cost me $10 shipped. prepping to smoke one tonight

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/produc...BANO/85589.uts

Gurkha Status XO on the way
    Attached Images Attached Images  

when i was in the domincan republic few years back, there were boxes of cohibas being offered up near the beaches by 'independent reps', (this was small surf town btw) but on the main commercial strip (2 lane street) sidewalks got pulled into a shop and smoked some thin smaller cigars...first time ever I had never had cigar aftertaste in my mouth the next morning...not sure what it was , or why i didnt remember the name (rum) , i do remember waiting for a public shuttle van on the side of the highway to go back to Peurto Plata airport smoking my last one wearing a backpack looking for the guy hanging out of a van window beating on the roof to stop and pick me up...I would love to know what cigars do not leave any aftertaste, that you can get here stateside...
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    when i was in the domincan republic few years back, there were boxes of cohibas being offered up near the beaches by 'independent reps', (this was small surf town btw) but on the main commercial strip (2 lane street) sidewalks got pulled into a shop and smoked some thin smaller cigars...first time ever I had never had cigar aftertaste in my mouth the next morning...not sure what it was , or why i didnt remember the name (rum) , i do remember waiting for a public shuttle van on the side of the highway to go back to Peurto Plata airport smoking my last one wearing a backpack looking for the guy hanging out of a van window beating on the roof to stop and pick me up...I would love to know what cigars do not leave any aftertaste, that you can get here stateside...
    did you make it to Cabarete ? Kitesurfing ? Blue Bar ?
    I'll look into the deals on minis since I see them all the time for under a buck each but you usually have to buy 50 to get the deal. I'll ask a few of my cigar aficionado buds about the morning after taste. I'm still learning but might pull the trigger on these today. 10 for $20 free shipping. wicked discount. $90 worth for $20

or some Vipers ( this dude is blowing smoke out his nose, isn't that poor form ? ) great soundtrack, tho

Last edited by willywhit; 11-17-2018 at 09:33 AM.

^ i did make it to cabarete, connected with a mag for dinner, had a great time, sad news came back a few short years later, when news of the lady owner of the place i stayed had passed away. she was so nice, and gracious , she had retired from the german phone company and was basically a pensioner, living in DR. I was really sad knowing that she worked so long and hard in germany and seemed young...

let me know what you find out on aftertaste
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ^ i did make it to cabarete, connected with a mag for dinner, had a great time, sad news came back a few short years later, when news of the lady owner of the place i stayed had passed away. she was so nice, and gracious , she had retired from the german phone company and was basically a pensioner, living in DR. I was really sad knowing that she worked so long and hard in germany and seemed young...

let me know what you find out on aftertaste
    getting off topic, but that's okay. Buddy old friend Laurel is set up there. I met her in Oahu way back when kiting first started and I was figuring it out at Kailua Beach.

bonus: last weekend at a beer & bbq fest , a friend told me she is going to cuba for 3 weeks, scuba diving photog etc. Hopefully she comes through with the cigars we talked about. Evidently I'm the only one to ask her to bring some back.
    After taste research in progress.