Page 6 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    You guys are hilarious. We hit kukoos on thursday and it was only about a 2 foot drop in the pinch and the runout was smooth. Sounds like I missed the drama.

Pic from thursday in Super:
    John

To be clear, it's cool that you guys are out having fun, shooting, and adding to the stoke here on the board. Keep that up. I just get a bit annoyed by people that are too busy being rad in their own slow way to realize that they're fucking things up for other people on the hill. Learning the ropes is a process that should not involve shit talking.

But once you've learned the ropes you can talk all the shit you want?

Quote Originally Posted by corn dog View Post
    Why not

This shit's getting old anyways, the only way to settle this now is with copious amounts of alcohol and "pooder" as they say...
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

You know the ridge is a small place. You know these two groups are going to run into each other again.

As The Rook would say...'Akwwwwarddddddd.....'

Hey Rook, I heard Phil threw you down on the floor and you lost a tooth. Here I was thinking you did it skiing at Bridger, not by a 125 pound guy.

No. Not at all. Responding to shit talking, however, seems to be too difficult to pass up on certain occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post
    You know the ridge is a small place. You know these two groups are going to run into each other again.
    hey bigdumbredhead, mt, fz, and whoever was involved, and more importantly anyone who is riding bridger, you guys all want to go up to bridger on saturday early morning?
    since it seems no one else is willing to supply the beer ill bring a case of PBR to the top of the ridge and we can all hold hands and make a run together.

Quote Originally Posted by jparker164 View Post
    Pic from thursday in Super:
    sick pic by the way!

I've never considered turning down beer a good policy. I expect to be present like any other Saturday morning that I'm in town. Additionally, I can't seem to walk past the Grizz without having one or two, so that's always a good place to find me in the the mid to late afternoon. Fuggin sad watching the river of snowmelt flow by from the sun deck today.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDumbRedhead View Post
    I've never considered turning down beer a good policy.
    Thats an understatement, does pounding tall boys in the Snowflake line up at 830 ring a bell?

I've never considered turning down beer a good policy. I expect to be present like any other Saturday morning that I'm in town. Additionally, I can't seem to walk past the Grizz without having one or two, so that's always a good place to find me in the the mid to late afternoon. Fuggin sad watching the river of snowmelt flow by from the sun deck today.
    cool well lets meet saturday morn around 10 at the top of bridger of your down? shit, ill even carry the beer! red pants are my trademark. see ya there!
    anyone else?

I feel really good about my decision to ski Madman's and head north on saturday now! The skiing in Wolverine wasn't too shabby, and not nearly as crowded as it was in bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by workinforturns View Post
    cool well lets meet saturday morn around 10 at the top of bridger of your down? shit, ill even carry the beer! red pants are my trademark. see ya there!
    anyone else?
    I should be lapping Bridger then. I look like a big dumb redhead. Apparel varies, but I'll likely be skiing Mantra's.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    Thats an understatement, does pounding tall boys in the Snowflake line up at 830 ring a bell?
    I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by slippy View Post

Hey Rook, I heard Phil threw you down on the floor and you lost a tooth. Here I was thinking you did it skiing at Bridger, not by a 125 pound guy.
    Nah, I ate shit on ice after throwing him into a snowbank....... so technically I did it myself........ which is much much better

oh and I have never seen anyone hike as slow as some people do up the ridge, I thought I was climbing everest or something....... step.....breathe for 30 sec.......step........breathe for 30 sec...... repeat....... (no one ever even considered stepping aside)
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

anyone else?
    Ill be around
    gray pants, red boots, king salmons

WHOAAA, dont look at me. never claimed to be a local.
    And cant locals show respect to those willy nilly college kids? or is it just a one way street?
    I do love the irony of one of the authors of the guide book to the ridge, and what appears to be his posse, bitching about the behavoir of the noob freshmen up there

To be clear, it's cool that you guys are out having fun, shooting, and adding to the stoke here on the board. Keep that up. I just get a bit annoyed by people that are too busy being rad in their own slow way to realize that they're fucking things up for other people on the hill. Learning the ropes is a process that should not involve shit talking.
    Completly agree with you. I also get annoyed with people who are far too busy being core to enjoy themselves and have a tiny bit of patience.

WIth regards to MT being spancered, if thats what you guys were saying, I really don't give a shit. I don't care how good a skier someone is. Does anyone around here give any slack to Tanner Hall for anything he does? It goes both ways though, if you're fun to hang out with, and don't bring people down, then I am happy to ski with you, even if I have to wait 30 seconds a run. I'll never be a pro, so skiing is just about having fun for me. I know I'm not some ubercore shredtastical mcgnarly ripper, and I'm fine with that.

I'm pretty sick of this whole thing though. I think MT and Skid could have handled the situation a bit better, but whatever. Instead of just making thier presence known, they heckled us, so we heckled them. We could have responded better too, but whatever, fuck it.

hey bigdumbredhead, mt, fz, and whoever was involved, and more importantly anyone who is riding bridger, you guys all want to go up to bridger on saturday early morning?
    since it seems no one else is willing to supply the beer ill bring a case of PBR to the top of the ridge and we can all hold hands and make a run together.

What the fuck? You want to get us all drunk, and try and have a chinese downhill, all holding hands, down the ridge? I guess you think the best way to settle an argument is to kill everyone involved?

Well that sounds like fun. Count me in. I'll bring a sixer of something tasty, and MT and Skid are welcome to first dibs.

I hope this silly little pissing contest has run its course now, and we can all be the happy, PC, sensitive, touchy feely family that TGR ussually is.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I do love the irony of one of the authors of the guide book to the ridge, and what appears to be his posse, bitching about the behavoir of the noob freshmen up there
    and I gave those guys my money.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    What the fuck? You want to get us all drunk, and try and have a chinese downhill, all holding hands, down the ridge? I guess you think the best way to settle an argument is to kill everyone involved?

Well that sounds like fun. Count me in. I'll bring a sixer of something tasty, and MT and Skid are welcome to first dibs.
    yes we should get drunk and then go down something totally gnar gnar like sixth grade, or see who can go the biggest off angry chair! oh this sounds like it will be a good time!

see ya up there xtra pixels.

I'll be there, but I may need to start my hike an extra 30 minutes early, that way there is still some beer left by the time I make it to the top...
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

Oh Snap!!!

Better be careful, I saw Skid Lux knock some shit talking clown out with an ice chunk to the head at closing time in Jackson one night.

On a different note -

Man did we have a nice run down Colter's on Saturday. Me & my buddy were the first ones down. I skied skiers right along the rope line and it was like one long face shot down to the pinch. Then thru the pinch the slough was piling up against my back and coming over the shoulders but the snow is so lite that you could still ski it. Then screaming into the apron and didn't even hit a rock...good stuff, I want more! too bad it was 65 at the airport yesterday.

^its fun to play with that ropeline and actually ski upper creamjeans before diving back into colters proper- always fun to get that wave rollin with ya through the walls in there...

oh and I have never seen anyone hike as slow as some people do up the ridge, I thought I was climbing everest or something....... step.....breathe for 30 sec.......step........breathe for 30 sec...... repeat....... (no one ever even considered stepping aside)
    here's hopin these'll be the folks I'm behind next week for my 1st hikes of the season- but yeah some can be passively aggro 'bout not steppin off for a minute for faster traffic...
    & I'm officially in on the saturday roll call (grey over black over gotamas) but the only place I can count on being is at the griz after 4 catchin up, puttin 'em back, and chasin the kids around...

D route open? How's the coverage over there?