Page 129 of 148 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3683
    Good points all. I've been pretty down on this winter, but this is what we have. As Edward Abbey said, "There is no shortage of water in the desert, but just enough."
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

I'd just like to thank everyone who bought a pass this year and doesn't bother showing up to use it. The bowl has been skiing well and all the rad dude pow nazi types are nowhere to be seen. A couple more seasons of this and maybe some folks will move on to the next big thing (I hear Jackson is pretty rad, maybe everyone could move there
    ;-).

snow report from old bb skier who migrated to north country. fernie b.c. sitting at 285 cms of base(do the math) , after a meter in a week things are settling down to moderate. opened up the south side 3 saddle tour today finishing with 2000 ft shot down to highway then call taxi for 20$ ride back to ski hill. so if any bb mags make it up here touch base for some sidecountry laps...

thx4offer bigmike wish i could
    (worked with jud tommyboy & nute this wk we thought u was in fernie...)
    & listen fucker spruce already spammin the fb stoke from riding baker with tricky and surfin down at westport so no "greener grass" envy 4me gonna go shred the 4inch dump on slushmans today after wind blew allnight, shld be thick!(not at all twas sparkly and light)

gotta room for you as well m'man- b in touch brahbro...
    (whattaya using a metric tape measure for yer sliverpickin trade as well?aint right...)
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 02-03-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    I'd just like to thank everyone who bought a pass this year and doesn't bother showing up to use it. The bowl has been skiing well and all the rad dude pow nazi types are nowhere to be seen. A couple more seasons of this and maybe some folks will move on to the next big thing (I hear Jackson is pretty rad, maybe everyone could move there
    ;-).
    Jackson is actually quite rad right now. The Pass has been skiing incredible. Looks like 7-10 days of high pressure starting.....now
    Bonfire Films

Quote Originally Posted by pattyowe View Post
    Jackson is actually quite rad right now. The Pass has been skiing incredible. Looks like 7-10 days of high pressure starting.....now
    That's what I'm saying. Everyone should move there, it is awsome! Spread the word.

Cloudy and socked in up at Bridger today. At least it was snowing. Also watch your steps in the parking lots. Glare ice.

fri, bluebird lowangle powscraps...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:3:12-1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	109702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:3:12-2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	109703Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:3:12.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	109704
    mon, tough vis that got worse- braille ski, firmpack...

Name:	2:6:12.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	109705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:6:12-2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	109706

Great to see you guys rollin with the tide, can't wait to be up again. I have been getting some great treatment for my gimp leg lately and it's the first and only thing that has helped any in the last month. Skiing again in a few weeks actually seems possible now. Is it wrong that I'm still jealous of you guys schralping the low tide twilight zone? There is no motivation quite like the desire to get back to my favorite habitat at Bridger.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

I remember a LA Nina In Boze when it didnt snow much at all during the first half of the season . I think it was the Mt Baker 1000+ plus year . The flow was much more progressive and it hurt more than it does right now seeing the NW get pounded .

Straight westerly flow and Bridgers got missed storm after storm , this La Nina only one big westerly flow and you guys got missed . Mostly everyone getting missed this year . So the point being it finally turned on and it snowed nearly every other day from mid Feb till close . I remember it wasnt a blower event but mostly a heavier density snow . A creamy fast cover rocks snow every other day for weeks with blue skies and fresh snow .(Living where I live , the snow I like best) It was some of the best times of my times ever at Bridger .(Including 100 inch storm ,or the countless high pressure to dust on crust 15 to 30 inch storms) 6 inches blue sky for a day 6 inches blue sky for a day etc . For weeks . One of the best days was rain in town , 8 inches of snow with over a inch of water , blue skies ridge closes early everyone left , clouds moved in and 4WD snow on lower with a slight zipper on top for those that stayed around had good times . That winter we came up with the term LA NUNYA .

You guys should still get something this winter . If not it always dumps feet in May or Juneuary .
    Last edited by Tree Bombs; 02-07-2012 at 01:03 AM.

How can we enjoy the good if there is never any bad? A cold east wind was a blowin' It sure wasn't snowin not even a tad...

I ski on rocks, i ski through bushes, i Run into pecker trees
    But at the end of the day I thank ullr I still have my knees
    Windfuck, breakable, ice I find nice.
    Through it all I may find some chalk and just go back thrice.

terk keepin it safe on lower saddle a few days back. pictures by FEG
    Last edited by shreddacord; 02-07-2012 at 02:26 AM.

^ that first shot is rad.

Nice pics guys good to see ya still gettin after it, sure is nice that those that are still given er best we can have a smile on their faces.

Yesterday was a bit tough but igband and i found good snow off pk, came back today and banged out a personal best # of ridge hikes, stoked to find soft snow even if only a little...props to patrol & bb crew on the VC evac Sunday nice work as usual Elliot!

BB lowtide is like pizza and sex; even when it's bad it's still pretty fucking good.

So any of this crowd going to be around the Ridge afternoons midweek? I'm working on a photo/film project (personal, not for MSU FWIW) and I was wondering if any of you wouldn't mind letting me tag along with you and waiting a few at the top of whatever you wanted to ski while I get set up somewhere to film? You'll end up being able to star in what will hopefully be a pretty cool little movie and your name in the credits woohoo!

"granpa" of the turk crew
    If grandpa is Jon tell him the guy from Cordova say's get your ass up here. We probably have a 200" base.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    If grandpa is Jon tell him the guy from Cordova say's get your ass up here. We probably have a 200" base.
    I meant figgins, but if you mean jonnyK I will tell him...

overlyturny-im an afternooner type, chetlers w/looks, often all black...

MT aint like yer crew to skip the bar, thought sure Id see you there...

tues- dramatic lighting & an inch or so of dust, nice to have good vis & a lil softness...

Name:	2:7:12-4.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	109791Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:7:12-3.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	109792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:7:12-2.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	109793

I need to get up and start drinking beers at Jimmy B's, I haven't even picked up my $100 gift card yet. Not all is lost on my pass!

Interesting chart put together by the NRCS in the avy report today:

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Interesting chart put together by the NRCS in the avy report today:

Good gravy, that is a depressing visual.

Yup. Let's hope that the latter part of the season in each of the last couple bad snow years hold true for this season.

In other news, is anyone going to be in the Bridger Gully Freeride this year?

Alright fuckers, Tone's fucked up knee still wasn't getting us any snow, so I decided to blow my knee out sledding in the Swan. Guess it worked. Drove back home and it snowed the whole way. Should get good now.

Anyone have any experience with Dr. Diebert (came recommended by a doc friend)? Got an appt. with him on Tuesday.

Hoping the Big Sky patrollers bring the pain to the King and Queen of the Ridge today!

Bummer dude. Good luck with the recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Hoping the Big Sky patrollers bring the pain to the King and Queen of the Ridge today!
    Here, here! How'd the go?

Hoping for the best dude, I guess this means I have to give you back also those copies of Bike/SBC skier/Ski Journal back to ya here soon. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Been working hard at getting myself better, it's coming along slowly but there is hope. Gonna take it mellow for a couple hours tommorow and call it a day on the ol' neglected seasons pass.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Hick, sorry to hear about the knee.

Diebert is good, knows his way around the knee and is also fun to camp and mtn bike with. Good stuff for rehab.

Best of luck.

Word is our MLB team of 2 did around 49 laps yesterday.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Hick, sorry to hear about the knee.

Diebert is good, knows his way around the knee and is also fun to camp and mtn bike with. Good stuff for rehab.

Best of luck.

Word is our MLB team of 2 did around 49 laps yesterday.
    Good to know hear about Diebert.
    Love the rivalry between B bowl, BS and Moonlight. I gotta root for BS since so many are ski partners of mine ;-) You guys are going to have to make it an annual event now.