Page 125 of 148 FirstFirst ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3683
    Quote Originally Posted by mnskier View Post
    Any word on how BS was today? Looked like it was nuking all day

Edit: Tram not opening today should make for an insane day tomorrow!
    I did not ski today, but I did get work that Marx was open for about a run and after a second snowpack test was preformed, Patrol closed it. Sounds like the snowpack is still proper fucked in a lot of places.

Oh wait ... we can't talk about Big Sky in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I did not ski today, but I did get work that Marx was open for about a run and after a second snowpack test was preformed, Patrol closed it. Sounds like the snowpack is still proper fucked in a lot of places.

Oh wait ... we can't talk about Big Sky in this thread.
    is this the same insider pro patrol heady bro brah top secret intel that you had about swifty being broken, when it wasn't. hahaha. I actually had fun at bridger the other day on the 3 inch mega dump. the low angle pow off alpine was okay, for what it was

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Booter View Post
    is this the same insider pro patrol heady bro brah top secret intel that you had about swifty being broken, when it wasn't. hahaha. I actually had fun at bridger the other day on the 3 inch mega dump. the low angle pow off alpine was okay, for what it was
    It is. Pro Patrol is pretty close to the source, no? What have you shared lately? About that ...

Any word on when Shedhorn is gonna open? Gotta imagine if/when Tram opens tomorrow its gonna be pretty damn good

Quote Originally Posted by mnskier View Post
    Any word on when Shedhorn is gonna open? Gotta imagine if/when Tram opens tomorrow its gonna be pretty damn good
    Considering that Shed is largely south-facing, my guess is that there is no snow over there, aside from what fell today. You'll be waiting awhile.

And this one is for Soft Booter, but the word is that the Tram is unlikely to open tomorrow due to the horrendous snow stability.

Maybe there should be a Big Sky thread at this point, considering Bridger won't have an actual base till sometime in 2012. Either that and/or a general Southwest Montana thread might be helpful. Not trying to add fuel to the rivalry fire, maybe it's just time.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

No worries. Unless you work for NOAA, then we got problems.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    No worries. Unless you work for NOAA, then we got problems.
    Ha! NOAA is probably the least popular entity with skiers right now. In other news, what other profession can you be so completely off on your work and it still be acceptable? Maybe I need to be a weatherman.

...maybe we should make another thread for desk jockey meteorology.

I'll bet the collective would be more accurate than these idiots at NOAA that are wrong 90% of the time.

http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/snow/snowplot.cgi?BRCM8
    Brackett Creek Snotel details the low tide in the Bridgers so far, especially in terms of Snow Water Equivalency. Wife jacked her knee (luckily "just" a sprained MCL) at Bohart and will be out for a month. Hoping for a change in ski fortunes here soon.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

^^^Well at least things can't get any worse. Even a 48 hour pineapple express with 3 inches of 50 degree rain would help more than hurt at this point. Bring on a good old Hawain Punch and lets start over from there!

first day on the upprmtn for me ystrdy, did not hike tho some were, think avygulch was the longest sustained decent sliding, exit was ok usual rocky top, bronco n rope line into snow job a reasonable strip of moguls... ptarmigan skied well but goin into lower sluice was a ill silly... New geometry skis sure make it fun and easier to stay fall line and scrub speed whilst not arcing out into the craggy fields on either side- the snow from hoses has helped the runout groomers but dang that stuff seems grabby....I dunno, def low tide but I had a blast...

Tone, try out this resource for meteodeskjockery: http://www.atmos.washington.edu/mm5rt/gfsinit.html.

It's the U of WA atmospheric sciences weather model. Check out some of the looped graphics for snow, temp, cloud water, etc. I've found that some semi-educated guessing based on the model gets much closer to the mark than the dweebs at NOAA.

Also, will it be worth bringing downhill gear for a short MT xmas visit? I'm leaning towards bringing only the dynafiddles for a hyalite tour.

There is much more snow up Hyalite, I haven't been on any terrain of consequence, but it looks a little less scary now:

http://mtavalanche.com/images/11/pal...hyalite-canyon

Just can't get up the motivation for Bridger most days right now. Saving my gas money. All of you with two healthy knees pack in that 17 inch base for me, thank you.

Packed it down to 16" for ya buddy! You're welcome.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Bring the dynerfitters! I haven't even been skiing yet this year.

Ok, will do!

Last time I toured (or even skied?!) with you man, it was up Hyalite and looked like this:

Will be in touch.

Ahhh yes the ghost of Christmas past. A time much simpler than now.

This very night some 15 years ago nobody knew that the next day would produce presents that NOAA did not predict. Just a chance of snow would do. As I smoked resin, played fetch with a dog I was watching for the holidays, and cranked out Burning Spear in my empty 4 plex on Hunters Way.(Keep in mind this was when Hunters Way was the edge of town and my back door was fields to the west and north) By myself a lonely Chrsitmas Eve but it didnt matter I had some resin, beer, and a dog to enertain myself with . (Being early 20's this is good times)

The next day gave gift to fruitful presents only to be recieved by few. Unexpected storm brought snow up to my door handles with town recieving as much as Bridger, 24 inches of the lightest blower. Bridger had at least a 70 inch before the storm. I wasnt really early getting up. My bald tire Subaru wasnt going anywhere. Emergency routes were only plowed. Huffed it north to Oak? and stuck out a thumb. By the time I got there it was 11 the mountain opened at 10. It was ghost town and the roads were not traveled. D lot was where we parked. It was as some said that day the best day ever at Bridger. No liftlines and fresh for all who came up.

While most stayed home to open presents a few were rewarded with presence .

Just a tale which probably will never happen again. A tale from the ghost of Christmas Past.

Today I shredded some WROD and rode some super thin pow but I had fun. Some things dont change having fun being one of them.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Bozeman people .

Cold as a mofo too I forgot my mid layer that day and kept hiking to stay warm, think I busted a personal best at the time five hikes that Xmas & I recall a breakthrough powskiin kinda feeling at the end of that one, funny the details that stick...

MrryXmas 2all, yooltide familyski tmrrw -santullrman git our wishes?uknow the dealio homie...
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 12-26-2011 at 07:24 AM.

That is the greatest Christmas story ever told...Except for the part about the resin, bummer dude.

I will always remeber my turns from Christmas 2007, of the now fondly remembered 07-08 season. 16 inches of the most perfect hero pow ever followed by 16" of blower in the next day or two. Cheers and a season full of good times ahead to all. Were gonna make it through this!

Deepest days I ever experienced. If you fell over it could be a long struggle to get upright and more than one
    person got skied over as they struggled to get going again. nuts

treebomb talkin '96, I wasn't here for the '03-rip mikeyC...

bb patrol band upstairs eagles tues 27th