Page 131 of 148 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3683
    Got into some deepness in the fingers sorry no pics but chatted with a patroller who said he got caught in two slides today one on south boundary and one in the 4th finger that sent a debris pile 5 feet deep onto the south bowl traverse during operating hours, be careful tomorrow!

Bobcat...no good for this week but next week for sure. I'll be in touch.

Bridger was deep and slabby today. Rolled in around one and it was puking the whole time I was there. Deep creamy goodness with some fluff on top. Pics to come when I get to a computer. Tomorrows gonna be real good I would bet.

Edited for a quick edit of one of the shots from today.

NOAA's latest attempt at throwing a dart at the forecast board says 7" tonight and another 7" tomorrow, on top of 16" today.
    Last edited by OverTurn; 02-21-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Looks like you dudes are in for some action, finally!

Also lookin nasty slidey. Stay safe

So who's down for coppin' epic max vert bro bra on Saddle today?

Just kidding! I'll see you guys up there this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post

NOAA's latest attempt at throwing a dart at the forecast board says 7" tonight and another 7" tomorrow, on top of 16" today.
    You're telling me. I was all ready to bail and head to the hill. Then I called the snowphone; 38 degrees at the base and only an inch overnight? WTF, over!

Hopefully this next cold front drops soon and the goods get delivered Friday. I'm stuck in the office until then.

Hope u guys can stay cold enough over there. It is raining cats and dogs in Missoula, 32 degrees at 7000k. Booooooo

Sent from my ADR6300 using TGR Forums

I'm real glad i got up yesterday. It's gotta be getting close to 50 here in town...and yup as usual 14" forecasted turned into 1"

Also I'm guessing patrol got the ridge open and it's going to be more crowded than yesterday

Oh well it's still the biggest storm of the season and more possibly over the weekend. Let's be thankful and stay safe.

^^^The snow just came in at a different time that they said, seems to happen more often than not that way. At least we got double digits this time, finally.

Report I got was that it was prime conditions for dynamic skiing! Pnut was up there holdin it down for the old mans freeride club and said it was awesome. I guess the rest of you should just wait for it to be frozen chicken heads and coral reef under cold smoke so you can get yer "face shots".
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    ^^^The snow just came in at a different time that they said, seems to happen more often than not that way. At least we got double digits this time, finally.

Report I got was that it was prime conditions for dynamic skiing! Pnut was up there holdin it down for the old mans freeride club and said it was awesome. I guess the rest of you should just wait for it to be frozen chicken heads and coral reef under cold smoke so you can get yer "face shots".
    That's true I suppose. And the coverage is looking alot better up there and I feel like this heavier snow will help cover stuff up better. Skiing was real good yesterday with the fluff and real good today with the heavier creamy snow making everything fun. Skied Alpine for a couple, Bridger for a couple, and then PK for the rest of the day.

Didn't get up on the Ridge because my brother is in town and doesn't have avi gear, etc, but I did ride the chair with a race coach who told me several things. 1) He's going to own Big Sky some day. He also mentioned how nothing was moving around and that the snowpack was real stable. And then there was this sitting there right above the South Bowl traverse.

It's looking like winter again up there. 7" on top of the wet cream was awfully soft today. Bridger Gully and High T were beautiful for how much use they've seen. Also got to enjoy the ridge with the likes of Dr. Gaffney and his son today, pretty cool to see them rippin' it up together!

bb has returned to respectable, peeps are bustin out the good boards, ystrdy the mtn skied about as good as it has all yr, fast, soft, light, great coverage, uncrowded... too busy skiing for any crappy pics even...

maybe some smoothness between the debris piles on slshmns today? 3 days down gonna make for some wild snow over there maybe, they're scared of people on saddle of course but shld be plenty fun inside the lines let that dragon lay...

cheers to a fine week of shredtastical skiin bridger brethren, friday funday comin up-

I see the Winter Weather Advisory snow totals were scaled back slightly; again. Even still, I'm stoked we are getting snow this weekend. I'm hoping to get out both days.

Slide off South Central Saddle this afternoon...Search and Rescue 'copter deployed for rescue. Sounds like one gal caught, not buried, ended up with a broken arm and leg. I'm sure there will be details forthcoming on the avy center site in a day or two. Got two nice runs "inside the lines" off Schlasman's this a.m. Nice to have the 'good' skis out and about finally.
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by MildWille View Post
    Slide off South Central Saddle this afternoon...Search and Rescue 'copter deployed for rescue. Sounds like one gal caught, not buried, ended up with a broken arm and leg. I'm sure there will be details forthcoming on the avy center site in a day or two.
    Man, here too now? Bummer.
    Staple from the Gallatin Avalanche Center was even The Moose this morning, telling people to stay F out the backcountry, or at least stick to super mellow stuff ...

Slide off South Central Saddle this afternoon...Search and Rescue 'copter deployed for rescue. Sounds like one gal caught, not buried, ended up with a broken arm and leg. I'm sure there will be details forthcoming on the avy center site in a day or two. Got two nice runs "inside the lines" off Schlasman's this a.m. Nice to have the 'good' skis out and about finally.
    Was just about to post here asking what was up the with helo and the sheriff's dept spotter up in the canyon. It was only a matter of time I'm sure. Vibes to her and I hope everyone involved makes it back out safely.

Most of ON3P's 12/13 demo fleet will be at Big Sky tomorrow (sorry, not bridger this time around) as our guys roll through Montana on their way to Powder Week.

Here is the details they left me....
    "We will be at the pay parking lot by the summit hotel at 8am to get people out on skis, ski until lunch, meet at 1230 PM to swap out skis and ski until 4 PM.

We will need anyone demoing skis to fill out a liability release form and if you are under 18 your parents need to sign it. Email kip@on3pskis.com if you need to have your parents sign ahead of time."

Look for this following car...

Wish we could have done bridger as well, but not in the cards this time.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

saw the exposed rock in south central saddle on the way home, sherriff was likely takin pics, she(injured) was loaded and away by 330ish, looked like a rather large one that wrapped a bit to the north...heard she rode it aways... bolder lines seemed to go unpunished today...heal up!

but hey another beauty day of great skiin
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 02-24-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Was in line for Slushmans when patrol closed it early...maybe 1:30ish...and the ridge also, to help with the rescue it sounded like.

http://mtavalanche.com/images/12/sad...size=_original

Damn, that is a nasty looking slide, ride of a lifetime indeed. Glad to hear she made it, vibes to patrol + search and rescue. Profoundly greatful you guys allow us the priveldge to make our own descisions. Hopefully this is all the warning we need this year. Just look at that crown and those snowpit videos on the Avy Center. It is HOrrible out there fellas, just chill.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Terrible decision making going on.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    Terrible decision making going on.

Usually having a female in your group leads to the voice of reason in a group. Guess not in this case.
    This one is really easy to armchair QB though, FUCKING IDIOTS.
    Great point made by Staples on MTavalanche this morning, 9 killed in slides this week in the US, of those 9 fatalities 6 were slackcountry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaaaUntitled 1.preview.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	110911Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaaaSaddle Path1.preview.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	110912
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaaaTravSaddle.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	110913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaaac.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	110957
    I heard she was on the south side of this rib(not the red) in south central but whatever, scary-ass 1500' ride, very lucky...
    griff was sayin shes lucky so much of it was in front of her still, a faster skier may have been more likely to have been in the middle of the mass when it broke, he indicated she stayed near the back I guess...
    quote from 2nd photo-
    The skier who triggered this slide took the ride of a lifetime - nearly 1,500 vertical feet. Fortunately they escaped with non life threatening injuries. The slide was triggered near the ridgeline and the skier came to rest near where this photo was taken. Photo GNFAC
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 02-25-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Today was awesome!

Reading the accident report for friday was kind of mind-blowing, though. Wow.

Accident report from 2.24.2012 avalanche on Saddle Peak. Wow. Skier 1 sounds real smart; actually they all do. Dropping and OB line steeper than 40 degrees on a high danger day? Everyone has a right to make their own decisions, but from an armchair perspective there was little sound decision-making happening in that group that day.. Lucky to be alive.

Stay safe out there, folks.

http://www.mtavalanche.com/sites/def...ent_Public.pdf
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

Excuse me if imma little proud my j-6 got first in the jamboree today, plus super deep crazy blower pow face shot white room ridge skiin, sorry tenex missed ya bud, base lets hook up soon...how bout that new crown on saddle?