Page 130 of 148 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 3683
    Funny thing is, the men's winner Nate Opp of BS patrol was beaten by the overall winner. Nikki Kimball did 27 laps, Nate 26.

So Nikki is King and Nate is Queen.

Haven't totaled the pledges but by my estimates, MLB employees probably put up about 400-500 $$ to the GNAFC.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    BB claims 326" last season from October -> close, so "proper" is obviously less than that. If you go back and look at issues of Powder with the resort guide, Bridger has a range of stated snowfall totals. They are 280", 300", 350" and 400" for a while. Realistically I think the 280" - 300" is more along the lines of what we really see from late Fall through closing. We've had some good seasons lately. A few years ago it was 397" by the time closing day rolled around. I certainly remember some shitty years before that though. I wonder what they use for a time frame to determine the average? 5, 10, 30 years? How much of those stated/advertised totals are marketing hype? It seems like some locations have the luxury of determining and average by uber consistent snowfall. Bridger obviously has some severe fluctuations and variability though. Just for shits and grins, lets use a 5 year average and make a few numbers up (I'm only sure about the 326 and 397) 326, 397, 354, 307 and maybe a 105 for this year. Still gives you 297.8......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mathsb.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	110041

Maybe I should take this kind of talk over to epicski, but the wall to wall groomers were nice. Nothing like bein able to lay into some smooth turns for a couple hours after over 40 down days. The montain looked gnarly, and like it got ridden hard on Saturday. I liked the sign at midstation.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

What did the sign at midstation say? The other day the sign at the top of the quad said "infinite hazards", made me smile.

this one said "Bridger is Australian for Gnar".

In the Math Department I think we might have got our 99th inch of the season today.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Werd tone glad you got back in the groove; boy Sunday was sunny & soft but today wuz cloudy & firm, bailed early, here's hopin with practice I can bust 27 ridge hikes Holy shitballs!

supersorry to hearit hick, diebert cut on my wife yrs ago all her rehab was typical...fullstrength since and skis without a brace, but maybe most do dont really know, g'luck...

goodnews tone keepitup as the knee allows #justBsmooth...

27 ridgehikes- i wont get to that for a season total i bet

2nd wknd of bellybug boucin between my kids no shred recon from me lately, shaping up for an afternooner tmrrw tho w00t, cheers carry on

I know this a long shot (because it's TGR and all), but...

can anyone recommend an instructor at Bridger? the ladyfriend is looking into taking a private lesson.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Quote Originally Posted by butterscotch View Post
    I know this a long shot (because it's TGR and all), but...

can anyone recommend an instructor at Bridger? the ladyfriend is looking into taking a private lesson.
    All my favorite instructors moved back east but I bet if she shows up midweek afternoon she'll end up with a private lesson for the group rate cause it seems they're pretty slow...

3 inches is the new 12, damn fine skiing today with afternoon sun, keeps getting better I heard we got 40" base woot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Funny thing is, the men's winner Nate Opp of BS patrol was beaten by the overall winner. Nikki Kimball did 27 laps, Nate 26.

So Nikki is King and Nate is Queen.

Haven't totaled the pledges but by my estimates, MLB employees probably put up about 400-500 $$ to the GNAFC.
    Saw that. Guess who I'm gonna go to for PT? Nikki is the fuckin MAN er.. I mean WOMAN!

Basewelder- Thanks and good to hear about the wife. The more positive beta the better.
    Now who wants to ski a volcano in August when I'm on the up and up?

ski teacher dood rick is a nice guy, not afraid of an apres beer w the unwashed masses, been there like 18 yrs or so...

so how about the discrete crew being anything but... roll into town and right up saddle with the ginormous camera to document the gutpunch, said theyre doin an article for skier mag or something...tiptoe lightly my friends, hardslabs cant tell the pro skittles from the dirtbags...

word, thanks base & lexi.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

kinda got all crusty local there, heh...oh the irony of it all
    a few from my view

Name:	2:16:12-2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	110465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:7:12-3.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	110466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:7:12.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	110467

Annual Ski Hut trip is this next week. Get ready for all da Minniesootin gapers at the Bowl and BS. Probably hunderds of em staying at the Comfort Inn, ja shur. Okey dokey, ya betcha.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

beers in bs?

Not this time. We won't be swinging through until our March odyssey to BC on the 9-10 and again on the 17-18. We will be there April 8ish- 15 fer sure, wouldnt miss that shitshoww for nothing. I think we will stay at the Huntely to minimize driving and maximize drinking. I'll buy.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

this last wknd

sunnypow prezwknd sunday, some more crapalicious no action celliepics...

Name:	2:19:12-8.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	110607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:19:12-7.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	110608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:19:12-5.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	110609

Name:	2:19:12-4.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	110610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:19:12-2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	110611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2:19:12-1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	110612

Must be gettin pretty good up there by now. Looks like the most deserted pow day ever on the cams so far. Tried to get back at it but failed miserably. Damn pain crept up on me after just groomers again. My new physical therapist corrected some of the things the other therapist had me doing completely wrong this whole time fml, so maybe I'll only have to sit inside and watch it dump every other day for a month instead of the whole rest of the season again. Sweet.

Thanks to Mrs. Mildwille for being my health advocate.

Gonna head up after I get out of class at noon. surprise 9" for sure this AM and I'm liking the precip totals in the avy report, not necessarily the conditions, but the snow is good.

So my hang out at the top of the ridge and see if people will photoslut with me plan is panning out to well. Anyone want to set up a planned couple of afternoons to go ski some lines in front of a camera?

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    Gonna head up after I get out of class at noon. surprise 9" for sure this AM and I'm liking the precip totals in the avy report, not necessarily the conditions, but the snow is good.

So my hang out at the top of the ridge and see if people will photoslut with me plan is panning out to well. Anyone want to set up a planned couple of afternoons to go ski some lines in front of a camera?
    I can dig it. Tomorrow? Last minute call at 1pm this afternoon torpeoed my day to bail and go ski.

got up for one ridge lap before they shut it down at 12:30, probably couldn't keep up with the wind and the fact that it was puking. This storm is gonna be a lot of loading on a very weak snow pack.
    "Ain't No Reason things are this way.
    It's how they've always been and they intend to stay."

Am I missing something here? I keep looking at the cams and there doesn't seem to be anyone there, WTF? Gotta be creamy goodness up there. I think I'll order another 6" for tomorrow. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by 6.ways.till.sunday View Post
    got up for one ridge lap before they shut it down at 12:30, probably couldn't keep up with the wind and the fact that it was puking. This storm is gonna be a lot of loading on a very weak snow pack.
    Dead as it looks up there or are the hoards somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    I think it's just that dead, which kills me as I'm stuck at work. Telemetry is saying that wind is 40mph plus up on the ridge bout damn near calm down lower and at the base. Weird. In any case, I'm watching the snow totals keeping ticking off inches and I'm getting stoked for tomorrow. I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Yes. So dead. Skied straight on for every lap.
    "Ain't No Reason things are this way.
    It's how they've always been and they intend to stay."