Page 146 of 148 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 3683
    What happened to this thread and the people who posted in it? Miss hearing about my old stomping grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    What happened to this thread and the people who posted in it? Miss hearing about my old stomping grounds.
    Some ass-clown douche-bag Johnny-come-lately fuck-tard, who no longer even lives here, brought it upon himself to start the SW MT conditions thread, which killed this one. I tried to bump my most beloved thread last year with some stoke, only to have it drowned out with the dude pitching a fit at the ticket office. Oh well.

To answer the second part of your question, many of the old posters can still be found regularly at BB, including but not limited to, Tone Capone, mildwillie, ig band, pnut, mt, fz, gointhewater, lobstahmeatwad, concretejungle, telematt, and of course Turk. Just kidding about Turk, pretty sure he never posted here but no conversation of BB regulars would be complete without mentioning him.

Couple of dipshits I know cooking breakfast in line on a pow day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1456200588138.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	177173  

Boog gettin deep

Name:	1456201015999.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	177174  

Random gaper

Name:	1456201167748.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	177175  

Name:	1456201277742.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	177176  
    Last edited by Lexi-Bell; 02-23-2016 at 03:55 AM.

First Ridge hike!

Name:	1456224861358.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	177189  

TR; this last weekend at Bridger

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1456249391.778364.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	307.4 KB 
ID:	177199

This thread rools. Photo of NW a few weeks back.
    Last edited by benfjord; 02-23-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Glad to hear Turk is still around. Always fun to see new pics and updates.

LB doing what he does best.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleskier View Post
    Found out he is in Missoula, possibly engaged.
    Confirmed.

workinforturns here. They canceled my account from lack of activity or something. LB good to see your still pillaging that pow up at BB. Hope she's treating you well up there! mnteleskier still at EVHS? Make any trips out west this year?

Ya I left Seattle 2 years ago, backpacked S.E. Asia for 4 months, got engaged, lived in a van in Australia for a year and surfed a lot. Now were in Missoula, skiing Snowbowl and looking for a house to buy.

I'll be back in Bozeman in a couple of weekends to move my grandma into assisted living, don't know if I'll have time to go skiing though.

This thread makes me want to move back.

Maybe in the fall if things break right for us!

This thread is making me look fed to my upcoming trip. Heading your guys way from the EC on Sunday. How's everything shaping up? Looks like a lil something might happen....... Or is it going to be a drinking trip?

Might have to whip over for a day... Miss the BB.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Bumpin this thread for old times sake. Whats the word up there?

I miss the ridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Not bad for a 28 inch base. Open wall to wall except for hidden gully and the apron which slid to the ground. Midweek ghost town today with great chalky bump skiing on Bronco.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

28? Damn, you boys getting the shit end of the storm stick eh? Hopefully this storm rolling in now will hit you guys hard since it's going south of me, dammit.

Damn, 28 inch base is meager. Sorry to hear that.

Although skiing the ridge was always fun due to the adventure aspect of it, no matter the snow.

Curious how things play out these days over on Schlashmans during pow days? Still a shitshow? Or have things mellowed out? My second year there was the first year for that lift and it always seemed like a total cluster.

We are sittin' about average honestly. Snowing now, but we have the good ol' winter storm warning kiss of death so we'll probly get 1/3 of what they're forecasting at best, which will keep us about average for the time of year.

Slushmans is indeed a shit show on most pow days, and with something like 30-40% more pass sales than just last year there is only one direction for it to go. On the biggest days of peak season there is a line of cars all the way up the canyon going 5 mph, and they are turning people back by 8:45 cause there is nowhere to park.

Otherwise the hill is a complete ghost town on weekdays, literally like 50 people on the hill. It has made me appreciate wind buff, chalky bumps, and empty groomers more than ever that's for sure!

The best thing about Slushmans are the 1 to 5 inch little dumps of heavier pow later in the season...A lot less people show up and Saddle is fully in play. It's not really a secret, but at least people make big turns out there and don't traverse all over the damn place. Sometimes even a magic inch resets Saddle for high speed gs turns while the rest of the hill is dust on crust moguls. People can talk all the shit about Saddle they want, I'll take 6 1500-2000 ft. laps of fall line warp speed hero turns over spracking around on thinly veiled crusty coral moguls and traverses every time!

So all things considered, with some minor adaptations and adjustments it's the best ski hill it's ever been! I find more ways to enjoy what we've got every year since the Slushmans and new Bridger lifts have been installed.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

And everyone and their brother waited to pick up their pass till opening weekend. Line was almost to the griz at 9am sat. Once on hill I didn't once wait in lift lines but was rolling single. Nose was skiing pretty damn good and even north bowl was decent till it got bumped out. Love that patrol let's us hike early and at our own discretion. Slushman shit show just takes pressure off the boot pack and Northside. Been snowing solid at work in Manhattan today, hope I can get up 2moro afternoon.

Gotta love Bridger for the "at your discretion" business model. 24 inch base opening day, go ahead and huck carcass into rock piles if that's your thing!

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    We are sittin' about average honestly. Snowing now, but we have the good ol' winter storm warning kiss of death so we'll probly get 1/3 of what they're forecasting at best, which will keep us about average for the time of year.

Slushmans is indeed a shit show on most pow days, and with something like 30-40% more pass sales than just last year there is only one direction for it to go. On the biggest days of peak season there is a line of cars all the way up the canyon going 5 mph, and they are turning people back by 8:45 cause there is nowhere to park.

Otherwise the hill is a complete ghost town on weekdays, literally like 50 people on the hill. It has made me appreciate wind buff, chalky bumps, and empty groomers more than ever that's for sure!

The best thing about Slushmans are the 1 to 5 inch little dumps of heavier pow later in the season...A lot less people show up and Saddle is fully in play. It's not really a secret, but at least people make big turns out there and don't traverse all over the damn place. Sometimes even a magic inch resets Saddle for high speed gs turns while the rest of the hill is dust on crust moguls. People can talk all the shit about Saddle they want, I'll take 6 1500-2000 ft. laps of fall line warp speed hero turns over spracking around on thinly veiled crusty coral moguls and traverses every time!

So all things considered, with some minor adaptations and adjustments it's the best ski hill it's ever been! I find more ways to enjoy what we've got every year since the Slushmans and new Bridger lifts have been installed.
    To be honest, things are the same way at Alta. The best days are honestly the sleeper 6 inch days and wind buff. No people, ski right on to collins and ski lap after lap with no people. The pow days are the classic LCC shitshow, maybe not as bad on the traversing aspect as Bridger.

Here's hoping you get storm after storm that is 3-4 inches with perfect wind, Tone.

I do like that Bridger still has affordable day passes though. That is what the sport needs.

Ridge sign said "east wind, -35 to -45 stay safe". It was pretty damn chilly on ridgeline before dropping but otherwise it wasn't too bad. Still skiing pretty well if you know where to go. Oh and they're not opening till 10am tomorrow due to cold.