Page 135 of 148 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3683
    Hoooleeeee Shiiiiit!!!!

Can't believe I didn't have my camera today. Wait til you guys see the carnage from control work. Big crown in morning glory as well as south bowl right above the traverse. Sluice Box slid to the ground. Bridger Gully went HUGE around 10, absolutely massive debris pile. Hopefully everyone is ok, lots of folks traversing/sidestepping all the way from midway out towards alpine. Just speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if they are done for the year, especially the upper mtn.

Here's a few screenshots from the webcams, it looks like there's dirt all the way across bridger gully.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	415.1 KB 
ID:	113236

Name:	Picture 2.png 
Views:	172 
Size:	302.4 KB 
ID:	113237

Name:	Picture 3.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	441.3 KB 
ID:	113238

Name:	Picture 4.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	539.3 KB 
ID:	113239

Oh for sure, it went all the way across, all the way to the ground. There was even debris that spilled across the ridge into the far side of north bowl.

I can not believe that debris pile from the Bridger Gully slide. It must have been a freaky morning for patrol. So many little miracles this year as well, amazing.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

More pictures from the local news: http://www.kbzk.com/news/update-rest...er-avalanches/

Holy shit. Those are some hefty slides.

Yikes. Thats insane. Morning Glory was during operating hours but Bridger Gully wasn't, right?

Big thank you to patrol for everything they do every day up there. Scary and intense day I'm sure.

Nope, other way around. BG was right around 10, watched the whole thing from powder park. There were a bunch of people traversing all the way over to Brush Run area from midway so ppl were definitely in the area. I was able to get one more ride on Bridger before they shut it down and went over to check out the debris. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Well, I'll finally be back in town this weekend and next week, and I have been bringing a gypsy curse to the snowfall wherever I go for the past two seasons. So it'll probably be terrible. :::fingers crossed:::
    Next level shit, plus deathblow.

Ouch. Prolly dunfer, crushing.

So...if PK is running...assuming the snowpack stabilizes in some miraculous way...will they open slushies? I recognize Bridger and Alpine slid to the ground, and the avalanche aspect is the steep west-facing stuff (just like all the terrain up in slushies).

Just curious if they'll do it.

When is the scheduled season closer anyway?

sooo. no bridger gully freeride i assume?
    "Ain't No Reason things are this way.
    It's how they've always been and they intend to stay."

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    So...if PK is running...assuming the snowpack stabilizes in some miraculous way...will they open slushies? I recognize Bridger and Alpine slid to the ground, and the avalanche aspect is the steep west-facing stuff (just like all the terrain up in slushies).

Just curious if they'll do it.

When is the scheduled season closer anyway?
    East facing you mean? And scheduled closing is April 8...doubt they'll bother.

Nope, they are done. Employees, including patrol, were notified today that it is skeleton crew from here on out. I would be highly surprised if they open anything beyond what they are opening tomorrow. Honestly, it's been such a shitty and ridiculous season, they should just pack it in.

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    East facing you mean?
    Yup, oops.

Honestly, it's been such a shitty and ridiculous season, they should just pack it in.
    Well, there were five good weeks in there, which is better than alot of places in a shitty season. Grateful for each of the few good days I got up on. Too bad witnessing such a rare and amazing event has to be of such cost to the Bridger community. Impressive job by everyone up there.

I'm sure it's worth going up to spin laps off p.k, rip a flippers lap for me, you know it's gonna get good again.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    found this on earlyups. thought you would enjoy
    Sick. ...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

dirtbag roll call...bit of an amatuer night but good excuse to cut loose amongst bb famdamily w/ skipatrol band tuneage...cheers to the wierd year...
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 03-30-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Here's the season edit that also serves as the intro to the Point and Chute video contest held at Bridger. http://live.tetongravity.com/_2011-2...659/75233.html
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Good times at the ol' Bridger Ski Bowl this morning...Graham emerges from the White Room.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Graham.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	435.8 KB 
ID:	113884
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

BB got the lost lifts running again for the closer? Cool!

During the big slides, did the Hidden area or Apron slide? Anybody been up there lately? Thinking of doing some hiking this weekend and want to hit Hidden if it is in decent shape.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    During the big slides, did the Hidden area or Apron slide? Anybody been up there lately? Thinking of doing some hiking this weekend and want to hit Hidden if it is in decent shape.
    The dog and I skied Hidden this afternoon. It's now slid out. Still lots of pockets left to release though. The Apron is still holding nice snow next to the debris. Still really fucking spicy up there, be careful. Stay under 30 and it should stay put, super soft slabby right now. This shit needs to come out of the faucet so we can just be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    The dog and I skied Hidden this afternoon. It's now slid out. Still lots of pockets left to release though. The Apron is still holding nice snow next to the debris. Still really fucking spicy up there, be careful. Stay under 30 and it should stay put, super soft slabby right now. This shit needs to come out of the faucet so we can just be done with it.
    Damn, doesn't sound good. This may be a good year to just put the skis away and focus on the bike and river. Hoping for a safer snowpack next year.