Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Last time I was up Colters was pretty much end of the line, not sure if something else has opened. Anybody else know?
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

I skied Colters on Sunday, it was good.

To be clear I wasnt even there in cuckoos that run, i went in there the next run and saw the aftermath and then talked to MT( and he explained what had happened). But when you ski a straight line, do that straight line it. I would be happy to get drunk on the ridge Sat but I will be in the hole.

Root skier, that was funny shit wasnt it.

D route will be open soon

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Lux View Post
    To be clear I wasnt even there in cuckoos that run, i went in there the next run and saw the aftermath and then talked to MT( and he explained what had happened). But when you ski a straight line, do that straight line it. I would be happy to get drunk on the ridge Sat but I will be in the hole.

Root skier, that was funny shit wasnt it.

and for me to be clear, I didn't sideslip the actualy run, we all pointed that. I just sidestepped (more than sideslipped) the entrance down into the chute, from the snowfield above, because MT had just told me how rocky it was.

whatever though, beers this weekend.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Sorry man, i'll be up there wed, thurs with dyna xxl's and p18's if you want to take a run just speak up.

You (or anyone) have any idea what the snow is like up there? Haven't been up since things got warm, and I'm wondering what skis to bring.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    You (or anyone) have any idea what the snow is like up there? Haven't been up since things got warm, and I'm wondering what skis to bring.
    rock skis for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Sloppy! Should be epic when the cooler temps roll in.

I took today off for work, but yesterday it was slushy and kinda weird. Its gonna either be slush or reef everywhere.

Big Dumb you riding tomorrow?

i'm debating going up tomorrow. I was figuring slushy or coral as well.
    Skid were on the xxls and p18s Bigsky this sunday? Or maybe it was bridger last wednesday.. damn my days are getting confused

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Lux View Post
    Big Dumb you riding tomorrow?
    Nope. I'm gonna work through Friday. I'm hoping that's enough time for the soft winter conditions to return.

No big sky but wed at Bridger yes

Lemon Boy is a tailgunner Guest
    Oh yeah baby!

Thumbs up

All this testosterone is very, very hot.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by corn dog View Post
    I do love the irony of one of the authors of the guide book to the ridge, and what appears to be his posse, bitching about the behavoir of the noob freshmen up there
    Ha! seems like something they would do. It was people like that that drove me away from that place. Dudes your not that good, someones skied it before you (not to mention way hotter and with boat loads more style) so don't go around thinking your gods gift to Bridger Bowl. The only guy up there who can talk any shit at all is Turk, and you know what he wont cause he is too busy having fun. Y'all need to take a lesson.
    Slarving for a better tomorrow

Bro, have you found a place where you're able to avoid "people like that"?

North Bridgers are sweet! Hey Brad you in this thread any where?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDumbRedhead View Post
    Bro, have you found a place where you're able to avoid "people like that"?
    There's a few like that everywhere, Bridger just has more than its fair share. It also has some of the coolest most laid back people I've ever ridden with, but the asshole/cool guy factor is just too high up there. I don't think I'm the first person to ever say this, shouldn't really be a surprise.

I'm in a much more chill place right now for sure. And no I'm not gonna tell you where, you wouldn't believe me if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgerBro View Post
    There's a few like that everywhere, Bridger just has more than its fair share.
    Most of the guys that I got that vibe from seemed to have moved on. The place has been pretty quiet and low key this year. Nothing but happy faces, even with the lack of snow.

Oh, and I wasn't asking where your "chill place" was. You can have that all to yourself.

Good to hear!
    I love that place to death, I really do, some peoples 'tudes the last few years just did not jibe with me. I wasn't really trying to talk shit (well maybe a little) it's just that the incident as described in this thread did not surprise me at all.

Hows the sidecountry been??

Oh how I miss it.

Sidecountry appears to be improving rapidly. There's been many natural releases in the area this season, coupled with a REALLY thin snowpack. So up until now it hasn't been too special. I'm lookin to investigate our recent weather's contributions soon. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics so you can see for yourself.

Got lots of whoomping couple miles north of Bridger today. Saw a pretty big natural there too. 2" crust with facets above and below with all the new snow sitting on that.
    My Montana has an East Infection

Super! What aspect were ya on? That fuckin sugar layer has been a bitch this year.