Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Wreck Footage as promised

I said above that I would post some carnage. First crash is non mag Grim Bucket. He couldn't see the rocks and just drilled em half way down.
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...mnTGRWreck.flv

Next up is Half Mag Clarf. He was all good until his second turn. Watch out for ski aerobics, good stuff, neeto gang.
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...rkTGRWreck.flv

Thats it for wrecks today, working on some kukuus nest footy, be up tonight.

Hey Sfotex workinforturns is down.

More Videos from the past few days

The footage of Kukus is from this past Wed. Workinforturns, Non mag Brandon, and I blazed trail up the ridge for some fresh pow. Above Kukus was great, nice soft turns. Once inside kukus was a different story. I knew that this line was going to be a little hairy but I saw a few lines coming out about a week ago.

Usually the line is steep just above the arrow head rock, and then mellows out when you get close.(Just Lookers Right of the Arrow Head) Since we have low snow, it was pretty steep all the way down.

Below Kukus:Mid-season last year

The Exit is usually a small pointer with a tight slash turn to the right. On wed. the exit was a 10' pointer to a 3' hop over some meat grinders. Slash turn, even faster. We all got out clean, and the footage turned out pretty good.

Workinforturns Exiting Kukus
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Larskukuus.flv

Brandon Exiting Kukus
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ndonKukuus.flv

The next few clips are from earlier today.(Thurs.) After 8" of snow in 48 hours the conditions were looking good. This morning was a little cold and very windy. On our third run we decided to hike. When I took off my right ski my brakes fell apart. That pretty much ended the day for me, but I did get some footage of Clarf, Workinforturns, and Layin'downcarves dropping the Diving board.

Clarf:
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...rent=Clark.flv
    Workinforturns:
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...rrent=Lars.flv
    Layin'downcarves:
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...urrent=Sam.flv

Thats it, hope you dig the clips.

Nice work gettting videos up Tom, hopefully we'll snag some really good stuff this weekend...
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

FZ - I was hiking up past you when you hit the diving board yesterday. Nicely done.

ya that was me in the red ski pants and 179 bros hitting the diving board. we also hit the 4th finger twice.

I was hiking with maggot Rob - we hit the Meadow and the 2nd. We were on Scratch BC's (mounted tele) and Seths. The snow was nice, even if the wind was a bit funky. See ya up there - I will say wassup next time. And think snow for this weekend.

Ya dude see you up there. Give us a hoooooot.

loOKn9210BeTTer1
    ^the daily vid^
    fz's 1st I think...
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 02-03-2007 at 05:33 PM.

PAging FZ or Bubba K to the white "please post the fucking stoke" curtesy phone.

We need the footage of the swan dive cliff jump too.

EDIT: You made the daily video today FZ. I think it was right after we came out of cukoos.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 02-03-2007 at 04:33 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

FZ's got all the stoke, but he works tonight so he might not get it up. Anyways daily vid was right under bridger early morning I hear...
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

Quote Originally Posted by bubba-k View Post
    FZ's got all the stoke, but he works tonight so he might not get it up. Anyways daily vid was right under bridger early morning I hear...
    Baaa, well tell him he sucks.

You guys heading up tomorrow? I'll probably stop by the rouse place tomorrow morning.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Hey Leroy nice job side slipping cuckoo's today. Next time you come to the play ground, you better not fuck up the sandbox for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Lux View Post
    Hey Leroy nice job side slipping cuckoo's today. Next time you come to the play ground, you better not fuck up the sandbox for the rest of us.
    Oh was that you that cut Clark off to snake our line? As I recal, the two of you either chose to A: Sideslip farther than anyone in my party did, or B: gaper the shit out of that line and fall in the runout. Which one were you?

Not to mention you idiots didn't even yell "dropping in" or anything like that, you could have easily hit someone if they had gone to drop in.

And you're also loud obnoxious assholes, but yea, thats another issue entirely.

Whatever, I'm over it, and I had a great day. Glad to know you're still stewing in your fratboyesque more core than thou anger. Maybe if I see you up there agian, we can share a ridge lap, if you can tolerate someone that actually enjoys skiing, which you clearly don't.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 02-04-2007 at 12:16 AM.

you decide to start taking stuff out of your backpack and hold up traffic behind you
    i thought i smelled those beasters

First things First that lard ass was probably me. Just wanted to clear that up.

Next, I understand that you were piste to see three skiers in the middle of cuckoos,(getting ready to film) but we dropped in first. If say you two dropped in first and our crew skied up to you, I would have waited for you to get your turns, or at least let you know that we were there. I mean what the hell you guys just sneaked in and crashed your way past.

I know It wasn't the most convenient place to get a camera out, but we wanted to film. Shit if you would have asked what we were doing, and that if it would be cool to pass I would have probably filmed you two, and instead of writing hate posts you would have been spooing over your run on film. why get so cut throat? In the end we all had awesome turns.

The first guy skied the line well, but MT(IF your were second) you didn't ski the line any more fluid then Clark or Leroy. I was the last person to ski the line(after your pass) I saw it all.

Anywho, shitty way to start a great day. Hope you sharks had good one, I know we did.
    Last edited by FZ; 02-04-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    you're riding your 193's with full backseat steeze.
    I ride your mom with full backseat steeze.

Who really gives a shit gsuy. If you see me up there again, give a holler, and maybe we can make some turns together. I just don't' see a need for all the aggro shit.

spicy!
    I was no where near any of this but why let that stop me...
    gettin the trollers grumpy witcha & stoppin in a 'carry your speed' zone may be local nuances but stoppin to bust out a camera midLine on the first doubledigi powday all year will get you passed anywhere I'd think- that's just how those poodermornings go sometimes- if there was a question of who was gonna slay that sucker first and someone's breathin down yer neck don't be surprised when they go around ya if you stop- and MT's seen himself enough on film doin lines that are more than a couple hundred vertical foot appraoch to the Nbowl... but yeah seems a lil chitchat coulda gone a long way

sunglassTint shot of cookoos from last yr w/ folks standin on Nbowl road below-

That's kind of a tight one to get all jammed up in, I hate that when you're tryin to get around a group over and over again- it reads like a "why I ski BC" thing...
    MT, take a left at the windlip next time
    but hey, NWflow still kickin- happy superBowl dumpDay
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 02-04-2007 at 07:24 AM.

The whole deal was shitty, when I was getting the camera out, I didnt even know that they were on us, I had no idea that we were in a rush. It was the first pow day in a long time, everyone was acting a little pushy that morning. Fuck it though two more inches.

Quote Originally Posted by baseWeldr View Post
    spicy!
    I was no where near any of this but why let that stop me...
    gettin the trollers grumpy witcha & stoppin in a 'carry your speed' zone may be local nuances but stoppin to bust out a camera midLine on the first doubledigi powday all year will get you passed anywhere I'd think- that's just how those poodermornings go sometimes- if there was a question of who was gonna slay that sucker first and someone's breathin down yer neck don't be surprised when they go around ya if you stop- and MT's seen himself enough on film doin lines that are more than a couple hundred vertical foot appraoch to the Nbowl... but yeah seems a lil chitchat coulda gone a long way

The wise old man speaks the truth. If its a decent day and you stop mid-run, all bets are off, especially in Cuckoos. Now if it was the 4th Virtue, 6th grade or some other steeper run w/ more consequence, then dropping in is more risky. A basic cardinal rule, never stop on the N. traverse (where people are trying to keep there speed). THat alone is cause for getting snaked.
    Last edited by FreakofSnow; 02-04-2007 at 09:38 AM.

old- yeah, relative to this place anyway
    wise- very doubtful
    fat- well ya know the midwest casserole culture & beers everyday... oh you didn't say fat?

check y'alls next week, I'll be holdin it down in hullyGully mostly

saw mt up there today over in bradleys meadow. saw you had some good turns!
    FZ i wana see footage of your matt clayton!
    Last edited by workinforturns; 02-04-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Weekend Footage

20" since wed. not to bad.

The first few clips are from sat.

Leroy and I hitting a little ridge drop.
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...urrent=Tom.flv

Clarks 4th Finger Air: Crazy landing!
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...lark4thAir.flv

Leroy in 4th
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...eroy4thAir.flv

These next few clips are from today. Clark, Leroy, and I did a Colter's run this morning. Little rocky above but once we got into the line it was deep. After that we met up with Workinforturns, Bubba-K, and Layin'downcarves up in Bradley's Meadow. Workinforturns crawled up into a tree and got some nice footage of us hitting a drop. Clark and Leroy had a good time, however my afternoon didn't go to well. Just watch for my right ski just as I take off.

Clark in Bradley's:
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...nt=Clark-1.flv

Leroy in Bradley's:
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...rent=Leroy.flv

FZ in Bradley's:Watch for my ski on the bottom of the screen
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...TomBradAir.flv

Thats it for now

Shit I almost forgot, All mags must watch: Sickest Run of the season thus far!
    http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...ahsHugeAir.flv
    Last edited by FZ; 02-04-2007 at 11:23 PM.

If I'd found a group backing up a bottle neck spot like that early on a pow day I'd have done the same as MT and Skid Lux. If you ingore proper ridge etiquette, especially on a big pow day, you're gonna upset just about anybody that has the misfortune of running into you. But then, I'm a loud, obnoxious asshole too.

Strong critique there Leroy. You must have a ton of film appearances under your belt.

Yeah, stopping on the Ridge heading north is pretty bad, one of my biggest pet peeves while skiing there. Then again, stopping on any traverse, anywhere, or stopping in the middle of a run, anywhere, will get the same reaction...anywhere. Did I say anywhere? Because I meant anywhere, not just BB.

Damn freshman.