Page 142 of 148 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3683
    Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    No need for skins inside the ropes.
    Thanks.

Had an awesome time flailing around Bridger the past couple days. Really could not believe how deserted the place was on a Tuesday. Show up at 930 and park second row? Check. Fresh lines off the ridge 24hrs after a pow day? Check. Really fun to explore all the different terrain features in that area. Can't wait to come back for more.

Tone slayin tha daily! Nice to meet capone senior enjoy your visit.

Stoked on the new snow, spring brk with the family, plus the spring bonus ridge and slushies extended openings!!

Oh come on, that was just a cameo...Dare I say though that it was near all time boot top hero pow if you got to it in time...Ski what you want however you want, this day makes tone capone very happy! Almost makes up for the days I missed in 20oheaven...

Papa Capone got some too, just a sample from one of many glorious runs! Cheers to living the dream for another day!

Last edited by tone capone; 03-07-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Nice Tone!
    This was the opener today, cool plume from the turn before

Grif in job 1 escaping the heating in this here spot

earlier in the week

uno mas!

Liftline at slushman's!!!!!!!!!!

there's a shit ton more here if you are bored

http://www.facebook.com/fisheyeguyphotography
    Last edited by shreddacord; 03-07-2013 at 11:25 PM.

I clicked the link, your ski models are lookin extra hot this year, shred!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

speaking of hot ski models, this chick had the dopest outfit, I got a shot of her shredding sac in the afternoon.....

Its funny to see Bridger so bigtime now . Fish Eye Guys pics almost make me miss Bozeman . When I stumbled upon Bozeman in 96 , the most epic Bridger winter EVVVVARRRRR there was still dive bars downtown ,free food at the Zebra upstairs on sundays ,the yuppie trustafari element was only beginning to take over . Thats the missing I feel , the missing of times long since gone . Its funny Fsh Eye Guy has a pic of a Boze loc who i remember a kid fresh out of Bozeman High then hes in his 30's now. Good times good to see still shredding . And a FB comment from T Boss I remember sk8ing with him at the mini ramp in the garage off Babcock .
    Good times fellas in a way you have it better now w/ the expansions. Keep up the stoke !
    Quick edit , back in 96 Big Sky hate was strong in Boze walk down main street and ask a local where to ski 9/10 it was Bridger all the way .
    The snow sucked at Big Sky ,closed or not open,rocks everywhere . No talk of it never gets skied out . From what is hear is all the Bridger old locs are Big Sky guys now . And they have snowmobiles too ! I remember 13 years when I got a sled people where like no no no . that was when Hyalite was open and we would go up there in May and brap not a soul around . insert memory lane .
    Last edited by Tree Bombs; 03-09-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Here's a picture from the top of Hidden on Thursday morning. The guy with the snowboard kicked in most of the boot pack from the top of Bridger to the ridge. I said "smile, I'm taking a picture to post on TGR." There was lots of snow all the way down. Sorry, no action shots. I had about as much fun as you can have on skis. I got some helmet-cam video and it's as boring as hell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bridger-Hidden.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	134334
    Last edited by stradissimo; 03-09-2013 at 12:32 PM.

From what is hear is all the Bridger old locs are Big Sky guys now
    That's where Bridger Skiers go to retire when they get old, soft, and broken.

Hey Bridger Mags...

Thinking of a road trip down there next week. Can I assume that well above freezing temps (like +11C) and rain in Bozeman will still translate to snow on the mountain?

Still wintery down there? Worth a 9 hour drive?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Hey Bridger Mags...

Thinking of a road trip down there next week. Can I assume that well above freezing temps (like +11C) and rain in Bozeman will still translate to snow on the mountain?

Still wintery down there? Worth a 9 hour drive?
    Day to day. Yesterday it was supposed to snow today, but today arrived with no snow and a lot of blue sky. Could come tonight or not at all, who knows. Weather forcasts are notoriously wildly inaccurate around here.

Rain in the valley and snow in the mountains is certainly possible, but not a sure thing. Winter and Spring are taking turns daily, so to try and guess next week would be silly. Probably not worth a 9 hour drive IMHO. But possible.

Any of that help?

Yeah, it helps a bit in that it sounds like here regarding predicting weather.

I wasn't looking for a weather prediction for next week so much as wondering if warm and rainy in town TENDS to still result in cool and wintery on the mountain.

The road trip is happening next week no matter what... but where I go will be a game-time decision. I've been wanting to check out Bridger/Big Sky for a while now so that's my preference, but if it's puking somewhere else within a days drive, that's where I'll go.

Very unlikely in will rain at Bridger. If it's rain in town it will be dense snow that will cover the chunder and moguls, woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Very unlikely in will rain at Bridger. If it's rain in town it will be dense snow that will cover the chunder and moguls, woo hoo!
    Just what I wanted to hear... thanks.

^^^Definitely a fun day, nice timing with the sun and all...
    Seems like no matter where I go it's already Turked out...

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post

Oh man, that hurts. I guessed wrong and went to Jackson. 80mph winds and no upper lifts running at 11:30 so I gave up. Hoping tomorrow is better, but I should be up your way in a few days.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using TGR Forums

Jackson was nice thursday.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

How's Bridger skiing today?

Dust on crust in Jackson... Trying to make a plan for the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    How's Bridger skiing today?

Dust on crust in Jackson... Trying to make a plan for the next few days.

I thought JXN was all foot of powder overnight and bluebird days with hot chicks blowing you on the tram?

Do you like uncrowded powder? The woman who puts up with me does.

It's been skiing well but the crust underneath the new snow is definitely there. A few more inches ought to fix that problem, which seems like this weeks weather trend. Steeper shit is scraped off (middle aged hippy pow turns are skiing well) but I'd say give the recent lack of snow and warm temp it's doing well. Today was better than I thought it would be.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 03-18-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Twas a pretty nice sleeper day on Sunday, glad to see you two enjoyin the goods. The family that slays together.......

It's a lil rough up there now but it won't take much.

Much better today.

Nice pics cj, good seein you fools around pnut hopin you and your bro found a nice spot; been thinkin of you.

Also big thanks to the ghostrider for sharing a piece of the pie, tasted mmmgood today.

Spring skiing is o.k., but... Last week was off the hook! It still amazes me how much terrain we have to explore down south. The endless fall line jib fields of Saddle keep you comin back for more, and the more convoluted stuff in the pinnacles can be very interesting and rewarding when it's good. Hippy pow extravaganza further out.... Not much in the way of pics as my camera is tempermental these days, but did manage to snap a few of my last trip out there.

Old Reliable:

Blank Slate:

Gnarnicles:

South America:

Cause it's there and I can still get to work on time:

What a fine ski hill operation we got goin for us.
    Last edited by tone capone; 03-29-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Nice, tone.