Another Kingswood Group Buy?

I remember seeing something about a November-ish Kingswood group buy being put together. Haven't heard much about it since, but I'd definitely be in on it if there is one being put together. I guess SkiMasterFlex is the go to guy for this, but he doesn't seem to be around much.

Come on, I know there are at least 8 or 10 mags who want some shiny new Kingswoods before the snow flies.

Bump, I guess we could organize it without SMF too. If there seems to be any interest, we could get in touch with Kingswood, but I'd love to have some preliminary numbers at least before I go about contacting them.

There will be no more Kingswod group buying. They are taking their marketing in a different direction. I was selling too many of their skis at discount and since they make so few skis each year (100 or so pairs) there is really no reason for them to discount them for anyone. If you have 5 skis to order between you and your buddies you can pay full price on the ski and get a big savings on the bulk shipping. That will save you about $100 US but that is the best you can do at this point.

I was going to rep for them and do demos and everything and then they finally told me how small they really are. They just can't make enough skis for me to sell for them. They don't want to expand very fast because the are afraid of losing control of their business and the quality of the product. In the next couple years they will be getting bigger, my plan was simply 2 years ahead of theirs.

Just curious, what did you have in mind to order from Kingswood? I have three pairs and I may not be able to keep all of them all season as my wife is giving me a lot of crap for my 4 powder skis.

bummer, id definitely like to pick up a pair. SMF, if you have a pair of mid-fats youd like to depart with, id be interested.
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

I might have been interested as well; however, I like their business model right now...shows integrity of the company and product. Paying full price for merchandise that you know was uncompromisingly crafted is ok by me.

I had some stiff flex Fats in mind, although I'd consider the Fats in the regular flex too.

If group buys are out, is anyone interested in getting together to save on shipping?

My quiver is in need of a pair of another pair of skis....as always. I think I could round up the funds to be in on this. Those boards look like the the truth.

beg borrow and steal mang, they're worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I had some stiff flex Fats in mind, although I'd consider the Fats in the regular flex too.

If group buys are out, is anyone interested in getting together to save on shipping?
    Those should be perfect for Wisconsin or Michigan, if that's where you go to college next year.

Quote Originally Posted by shmerham View Post
    Those should be perfect for Wisconsin or Michigan, if that's where you go to college next year.
    Haha, well, actually, they will be, because college at a big midwest school means I'll be flying west to ski on my breaks as opposed to skiing on the EC.

If I sell any of mine it would probably be my standard flex Fats. Black and white with white sidewalls.

If you guys want KWs for this year you have to order soon because they are getting backed up right now with orders. My last order took them 2 months to build.

BTW I totally agree with the business model too, I just wish they had let me know sooner. The skis are definitely worth the full price and they will never have a problem selling all that they can build at full price. With the limited production they are into there is no reason for them to be discounting. Those who got in on the only 2 group buys will forever considere themselves the lucky dogs of these forums. I myself am super stoked on my KW quiver even though the demos are off. I only wish I could keep all three pairs I have. I have a feeling that the Megas would inch out the Fats every Pow day anyway though, and the Fats are no backburner bitch so they should probably go to someone who needs them more

What kind of shape are the Fats in, how many times have they been mounted (and for what?) and what kind of price are you thinking of for them?

Hmmm, may have to finally put some stuff up for sale on here.

What kind of shape are the Fats in, how many times have they been mounted (and for what?) and what kind of price are you thinking of for them?

Hmmm, may have to finally put some stuff up for sale on here.
    That is the thing, they are brand new never drilled so i want $$ for them. I kind of wanted to ski them against my Megas that are coming next week before deciding which to keep but I think I'll just roll with the Megas. Anything that big has to kill it and I am all about having more surface area than anyone else.

To get your own fats from KW it would be $825US to your door including shipping and customs duties if you bought a pair by yourself. It would also take anywhere from one to two months to get them. If you buy in a group the shipping is reduced but that would take much longer to orchestrate, trust me I know I have done it twice now. I am thinking $750 Paypal shipped in the US for mine. That way I get about $700 after the fee and shipping costs and you get them within 4 days. If I don't sell them for what they are worth than I will just ski them for a while and sell them used in the Spring for like $450, but I think someone will want them new now. I will also entertain trade offers including new P18s or S916s, though I have shop form on both and would only really consider them of that value in the trade.

People flamed me earlier in the summer when I tried to tell them that prices were going up and that the days of discounted KWs were over. If someone wants Fats for this season this is their best route unless they are willing to wait weeks for a different color/flex and pay more. It is also a pain in the ass to request the form to register as an international imprter with US customs, which if you forget to do before the skis come they will be sitting in a fedex wearhouse for another month. This is all fine if you live in Cal and only get to ski powder when it snows 300 inches in March, but everyone else probably want their pow skis for January and such delays simply won't do

Haha, well, actually, they will be, because college at a big midwest school means I'll be flying west to ski on my breaks as opposed to skiing on the EC.
    If you want some by winter break you'd probably have to buy mine. I doubt they could make and ship you a pair in time.