Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bad News

Just got back from PSB. Word on the street is 5" of snow on kokopelli and 3-4" on LPS.

(I can't believe I'm calling snow "bad news")

Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    That was insane!!!

I just have one piece of advice: watch out for the cactus with the brown fur. The brown fur...it's actually little barbed spines that you will not be able to pull out.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    Just got back from PSB. Word on the street is 5" of snow on kokopelli and 3-4" on LPS.

(I can't believe I'm calling snow "bad news")
    That's a bummer. Wonder what the rest of the month is going to be like.

What is up with the pussification of all the big bikes around here? It makes me sad in the pants.

And damn this early snow. Oh well, we'll still get some good riding in. And it looks like Otter and I are leaving early afternoon so he can take some sunset pics of me ripping the gnar in Green River. See you foos tonight.

Just got back from riding LPS and Porc with the crew. Ripping good time. Not a lot of photos were taken, but the few that were taken should be pretty good. LPS was mostly dry, and it's supposed to be nice all week, so next weekend should be great.

Damn........I already made plans for the virgin weekend. I'm getting shown some trail up by shasta with something stupid like 5-6 grand of descending......with jumps and stunts.
    oooohhhhh, please do tell when you're done. i always thought that there had to be some kickass dh trail from the bunny flats vicinity down into town.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    oooohhhhh, please do tell when you're done. i always thought that there had to be some kickass dh trail from the bunny flats vicinity down into town.
    There are. At least I think that's where it starts. I'll definitely be taking some pics. We'll be there 2 full days.

A payment of accompaniment next time you hike to the angora chutes may be in order.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

It was fun.

Good meeting and ripping around Porcupine with Big Blue and the other usual suspects.

Then an equally fun time playing around on Bartlett. I brought my camer for that. Here's bags going down the drain.

Many more photos HERE

Another gorgeous weekend in Moab. Every time I think I'm starting to get sick of Porcupine, I get to follow CS and Mr. AG down that sucker, and my faith is renewed.

Good to ride w/ the local Mr. Blue who is fast and in annoyingly good shape. As I was turning the cranks as fast as my legs would go up Amasa, he was basically doing loops around me talking about how sweet his season in Tahoe is gonna be.

Props to rotorhead for driving and the AGs (and rotorhead) for supporting my camp-mooch steeze. Double-mega props to the AGs for going way out of their way to make a Bartlett's ride possible, and subsequently waiting for our slow asses to return.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

dammit! I am ready to go back.

Good Times. Thanks to Mr.AG and Bags for the bike work. Strong crew. Hope we can get one more before the snow starts flying.
    Don't make me come get you....

Really fun weekend. I like it when the weather is like that. (Well, minus convincing myself to get out of the sleeping bag in the morning...) And I'm glad I rode up the road to Porcupine for once. I didn't think I'd ever do that.

Bartlett was fun too. That drop CS was hitting was crazy!
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

I'm hittin the virgin.

Anybody going.........see you there.

I'm hittin the virgin.

Anybody going.........see you there.
    NICE! Now I am jealous. Enjoy!

kw- you going this weekend? I'm in TX right now but Virgin is a strong contender next weekend 11/4.

also - Post is high on my list but unfortunately the 10+ hr drive makes it a bit of a pipe dream with my nutball schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    kw- you going this weekend? I'm in TX right now but Virgin is a strong contender next weekend 11/4.

also - Post is high on my list but unfortunately the 10+ hr drive makes it a bit of a pipe dream with my nutball schedule.
    Yeah I'm going to try to leave here in a couple hours (1pm ish). I'm looking at about the same drive.

I was supposed to go up to shasta tonight but my guide needed to move it back to next weekend. I don't think I could motivate to go down there two weekends in a row.

Leave right now son!!! Go GO GO!!!!
    Last edited by kidwoo; 10-27-2006 at 12:14 PM.