Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Beautiful pics! Way to get after it early in the season.

Jealousy rears it's green slimey head behind this keyboard. We have yet to get any significant accumulations around here.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

rock on! Thanks for that... again.

I can not see the photos (I am at work) but i was up there yesterday at around 8, did not see any of your tracks in the north coulior or down low. We turned 3 laps down low and 2 up top. Snow was deep and light. We broke trail all the way up in 1-2 foot of fresh. Totally blue till 1230 then someone turned off the lights. On our way down there must have been 20-30 people coming up. Some guy was booting up our skin track on the lower pitch, postholing up to his waste and destroying our skin track.
    I will post pixs when i get some time,

Those are some of the best sunrise/sunset photos I've ever seen, super serial.

The skiing looks kinda fun too i guess.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Weak...

...Not

How far down valley is the access now?

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    Weak...

...Not

How far down valley is the access now?
    We could still drive to 12,200', but it was snowing hard on Saturday and Sunday, so I would imagine it's quite a bit lower now. Probably around treeline with a non-stock 4X4.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I can not see the photos (I am at work) but i was up there yesterday at around 8, did not see any of your tracks in the north coulior or down low. We turned 3 laps down low and 2 up top. Snow was deep and light. We broke trail all the way up in 1-2 foot of fresh. Totally blue till 1230 then someone turned off the lights. On our way down there must have been 20-30 people coming up. Some guy was booting up our skin track on the lower pitch, postholing up to his waste and destroying our skin track.
    The word is out on the street that Zuma is where it's at.

yeah, but road access is super low now. I dont know what happened when we left, but it looked like the starting of a junk show up there.

Another nice one.

Might have to head out that way this week.

Yeah, it was snowing hard off and on during the day on Saturday. Wouldn't surprise me that another 10"or so fell overnight. We didn't run into many people on Saturday. Only a group of 3 climbers and one other group of skiers. Thought it would be a shit show up there.

On another note, some moron forgot to refill his/her snow pit they dug at the bottom of the north couloir. Not the greatest spot to dig a pit either. I fell into it and wrecked myself due to the poor visibility. The thing was a good 4'-5' deep.

Quote Originally Posted by iskibc View Post
    On another note, some moron forgot to refill his/her snow pit they dug at the bottom of the north couloir. Not the greatest spot to dig a pit either. I fell into it and wrecked myself due to the poor visibility. The thing was a good 4'-5' deep.
    Iskibc's version of moguls...

Quote Originally Posted by FrankZappa View Post
    Iskibc's version of moguls...
    I laughed . No seriously though, I've seen people get severely hurt from skiing into snowpits that haven't been refilled. Scary stuff.

I prefer to place pungy sticks in the bottom when I depart.

I prefer to place pungy sticks in the bottom when I depart.
    That's my favorite way of catching snow leopards for dinner. If you've never had teryaki grilled snow leopard I would highly reccomend it.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

i would not bee skiing up there unless another foot fell. I am telling you, in 16 years in the valley, i have never seen so many people up there.

The fact that they were just getting to the bottom of the climb between 1 and 2 tells you where their heads were at. The temps where rising big time and the snow turned to potatoes on the east and south facing stuff.
    On our way up to the saddle, we had two or three significan sluffs come down on us. We dropped out traverse to the floor.

Oh damn dude...the sunrise pics are $$$ and the Otcober pow shots are sweet too. Way to kill it kids.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

What a great way to spend my break....awesome sunrise...unreal colours....great ski stoke.

Nice photos!

Ditto on the sunrise.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

that's heavy. nicelydone

i would not bee skiing up there unless another foot fell. I am telling you, in 16 years in the valley, i have never seen so many people up there.

Would you attribute this to the internet, or the fact that it's the only place in a 6 state radius worth skiing, or both?

Oh, and kick ass fucking pics!
    Last edited by homerjay; 10-16-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks for the great TR again iski! Thanks too for the report on the snow conditions That's great information for all of us here in Colorado!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

I feel like I'm going to fall through my computer monitor looking at this photo. Excellent shot (among many).

Happy Happy Joy Joy Prudy Pictures.

Very nice, we are dry and chilly here in the Canadian Rockies. No snow, no biking, noi joy. Many thanks for the stoke.

b

Yeah Dave,

Thanks what I'm talking about! I love your sunrise photo's.Nice TR as always.
    Calmer than you dude

nice work dudes
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!