Thread: Big!

Big!

Exclamation

Holy . That IS big.

What... 300-400 feet? Or, does the camera angle make it seem smaller?
    It's idomatic, beatch.

holy shite....thats huge!!
    yeah

Originally posted by Cornholio
    Holy . That IS big.

What... 300-400 feet? Or, does the camera angle make it seem smaller?
    Sure, 300-400 on the Brett scale.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

wow! location?

BIGGER!

Ed Lucero became the owner of a new world record for the highest plunge in a kayak last summer when he dropped over Canada's 105.6-foot Alexandra Falls. He was held under the thundering flow a full four seconds before emerging safe and sound, and dethroning record holder Tim Gross, who cleared a 101-footer in 2002

Taking the plunge << Vid of the huck

Wink

Lucero pussed out. If he had taken that flume to his right, he would have added probably 10 feet, and it probably would have pushed him clear of the hydraulic at the bottom. What a bitch.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Talking

Originally posted by BakerBoy
    Lucero pussed out. If he had taken that flume to his right, he would have added probably 10 feet, and it probably would have pushed him clear of the hydraulic at the bottom. What a bitch.
    yeah, what a puss!

i agree...i would have..yeah right
    yeah

I knew Ed was knutz when I saw him run left-left in Gore rapid in a squirt boat at 2.5K.

Um yes, having squirt boat anywhere near Gore Canyon is ridiculous. Did you see him actually run that? That must have been pretty fucked up looking.

Originally posted by FreakofSnow
    Um yes, having squirt boat anywhere near Gore Canyon is ridiculous. Did you see him actually run that? That must have been pretty fucked up looking.
    Yeah, I saw it. I took the high and dry river right line if you know what I mean. We portaged all the biggies except Kirsch (I don't like running blind through train tunnels) at that level. The line was one of the craziest things I've ever seen. Bascially he entered on the tongue feeding the meat of gore hole. He duffeked left and subbed below gore hole and came up in the eddy river left about 100yds down.

Even more crazy is when Team WaveSport ran gore during the highwater of 95 (I think). I know it peaked up near 13K. The story goes that Jamie Simon ran tunnel and came up half naked out of her boat with her helmet ripped off. Kayaking is certainly a sport that has yet to reach it's limits.

edit: Jamie Simon not Shannon Carol

"Jamie Simon, a world-class whitewater kayaker and expeditioner, recalls her near-death experience in the Gore Canyon in Colorado. "I had had a couple of swims that day," she remembers, "then I got pulled right to the bottom of a big hole, got worked hard, lost my helmet. When I came up I didn't have space to get to shore before what we were calling a Class VI drop. I ran a really lucky line and made it through, only to get worked over again in another big hole below. I took a really bad beating."

sobering article
    Last edited by Foggy_Goggles; 02-13-2004 at 10:38 AM.

DAMN!

That's fuckin nuts... I wish I could drop 300 footers too... derrrrr. hahaha, that guys got some balls. Wasn't the guy who got the 101 footer just some weekend warrior with big balls? I saw some pics of him upside down in flight... ouch!
    I'm scared Poncho.

Bullshit! You ain't afraid of no man!

There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

--That article gave me the willies... I had no idea about the whole 5.1 5.2 thing going on these days. Crazy.
    I'm scared Poncho.

There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

I don't know what's the real height of Ed's drop... In Kayak Session mag it is listed as 114 ft.
    I'm scared Poncho.

300 400 feet r u kidding me that thing is huge but priobly on 75 to 125 feet at the most

Yeah, I know, that's what the derrr was for...
    I'm scared Poncho.

Blurred Elevens Guest
    Originally posted by BakerBoy
    Sure, 300-400 on the Brett scale.
    Is that with or without the hottub huckish landing?

Blurred Elevens Guest
    OMG that huck was retarded huge!

Next year I’m goin back and I’m gonna land that thing switch, and ride into the road.