Thread: RIP Ben Bradley

Unhappy RIP Ben Bradley

This is just terrible and has hit my brother and some other friends who knew Ben, particularly hard.

I hope they catch the sick fucker who committed this senseless act.

9news

ROCK SPRINGS, Wyo. (AP) - The body of a Colorado hitchhiker missing since June has been found in an isolated area in southwest Wyoming, and authorities suspect foul play.

The body of Ben Bradley, of Tabernash, Colorado, was found by a group of sightseers near Boar's Tusk north of Rock Springs in Sweetwater County.

Police say the 29-year-old Bradley was hitchhiking to Jackson to celebrate his birthday with friends.

Bradley was last seen in Rock Springs on June second.

Police say the cause of death is not yet known and have declined to release further details because the death remains under investigation.
    Old's Cool.

Thats some fucked up shit. They better catch whoever did this

I didn't know Ben personally but I remember some friends talking about him going missing back in June, condolences to his friends and family

RIP
    set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul

sad...rip
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Give your brother our condolences.
    Awful news.

Rare one of a kind split-board could be the break this case needs.
    Keep your eyes open for this board!

The Sweetwater County Sheriff’s Office is seeking help in their investigation into the death of a Colorado man.

According to Detective Sergeant Dennis Claman, the body of Benjamin Bradley was found north of Rock Springs on October 1, 2006. He was hitchhiking from Grand County, Colorado, to Jackson, Wyoming, on a snowboarding outing when he disappeared in the Rock Springs area on Friday, June 2, 2006. Bradley, a committed snowboarding enthusiast, was a white male, 28 years of age, 6'3" in height, weight about 160 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was dressed in brown wool cargo-pocket pants, a blue hooded sweat shirt, and a grey t-shirt.

Bradley had with him his custom-made, one-of-a-kind Never Summer "split-board" snowboard, a representation of which is pictured here. According to Claman, the snowboard splits into two short skiis, permitting the user to climb up slopes. The split board can then be reassembled and used as a conventional downhill snowboard. Claman said the snowboard has a black bottom bearing red, dripping letters "NS." The board’s upper side is blue with a white mountain scene.

Bradley’s snowboard has not been recovered, and the case is being investigated as a homicide. Anyone with information concerning Bradley, pictured here, or his snowboard is encouraged to contact the Sweetwater County Sheriff’s Office at (307) 872-6350, the Rock Springs or Green River Police Departments, or local law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleHoar View Post

The Sweetwater County Sheriff’s Office is seeking help in their investigation into the death of a Colorado man.

According to Detective Sergeant Dennis Claman, the body of Benjamin Bradley was found north of Rock Springs on October 1, 2006. He was hitchhiking from Grand County, Colorado, to Jackson, Wyoming, on a snowboarding outing when he disappeared in the Rock Springs area on Friday, June 2, 2006. Bradley, a committed snowboarding enthusiast, was a white male, 28 years of age, 6'3" in height, weight about 160 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was dressed in brown wool cargo-pocket pants, a blue hooded sweat shirt, and a grey t-shirt.

Bradley had with him his custom-made, one-of-a-kind Never Summer "split-board" snowboard, a representation of which is pictured here. According to Claman, the snowboard splits into two short skiis, permitting the user to climb up slopes. The split board can then be reassembled and used as a conventional downhill snowboard. Claman said the snowboard has a black bottom bearing red, dripping letters "NS." The board’s upper side is blue with a white mountain scene.

Bradley’s snowboard has not been recovered, and the case is being investigated as a homicide. Anyone with information concerning Bradley, pictured here, or his snowboard is encouraged to contact the Sweetwater County Sheriff’s Office at (307) 872-6350, the Rock Springs or Green River Police Departments, or local law enforcement.

I really, really hope they catch the fuckers responsible for this. That board could be the key to finding the killers. I hope all mags keep their eyes peeled for this one. I personally am going to be shopping for splitboards soon, and will be looking out. Thanks for the heads up, TeleHoar.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Seeing that board made me feel a real connection with him especially knowing it was a splitboard. Peace Ben. I send all my best thoughts to his family and friends.

We miss you Ben

Ben was one of a kind. A great guy, very modest and one of the best snowboarders I've ever known. He charged everything. If he wanted it, he'd go and get it. He's the only person I've known to pick lines that made me think...what? But then he'd pull it off proving that sometimes the impossible is possible. I came to know him very well in the last few years of his life. He moved to Jackson with friends of ours, and I recall how happy and stoked he was to be there. Ben loved life, snowboarding, music (I'll never forget jammin at the maroon bells) and his friends. It is a terrible, terrible, tragic thing that happened, but sometimes God works in mysterious ways. I hope justice prevails. Ben, we will love and miss you greatly, but I know when I'm standing on a peak about to drop in, you'll be right by my side picking the gnarlier line.

I will try to post pics and video of Ben as I figure it out.

Wow. RIP, Ben. I hope they find out what happened.

Sorry to hear about this, y'all who were friends with Ben.
    I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.

positive vibes all all friends and family. +++++

Better hope I don't see anyone riding that board...I'll hit em in the fucking head with the closest blunt object I see. That's such a shitty story.....RIP.

In this mornings JH News and guide, they had a story about the charges being dropped against the meth heads who killed him.

JH Radio had a better story and stated the charges were "dropped without prejudice". It sounds like they did this because some statements made by the two (ostensibly incorrectly collected by the police) couldn't be used.

Sad story.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

This sucks beyond belief.

Karma will get em if the legal system doesn't
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I heard this news on the local radio station yesterday. Just terrible.
    Old's Cool.

Can someone post the names of the methheads or link? Their names should be socialized imo.

And what about a civil suit against, OJ style? They are still on the wire for cash compensation if there is evidence, which there must be.

Fuck! That just sucks! Sounds like the sheriff's office hasn't given up but they had to let them go at this time. Here's too justice still being found for Ben.

If karma doesn't get them, maybe a vigilante sniper will.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleHoar View Post

Ugh... Mad vibes to the friends and family of the victim... That's just terrible!

I hope I never see someone riding that board... I could not be held responsible for my actions upon realizing that it now belongs to a murdering, theiving piece of shit.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I hope I never see someone riding that board... I could not be held responsible for my actions upon realizing that it now belongs to a murdering, theiving piece of shit.
    Yeah, but if these dudes are methheads, then chances are they pawned that sucker off a long time ago to get their fix. It could be in the hands of someone who picked it up in the pawn shop, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    If karma doesn't get them, maybe a vigilante sniper will.
    Glad to hear I am not the only one with these thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.