Thread: San Diego

Post San Diego

Where would a complete ignoramous go for a surf lesson in the San Diego area?

tks
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Talking

Silver Strand!

many of the surf shops along Pacific, Mission, or Ocean Beach offer surfing lessons. Most of them will have no problem helping you out.

Thanks, guys. Went to Tourmaline and had a REALLY good time. Surfing is a blast.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Thumbs up

Originally posted by SheRa:
    <STRONG>Thanks, guys. Went to Tourmaline and had a REALLY good time. Surfing is a blast.</STRONG>

Glad you had fun. Keep surfing- it's the only sport I love as much as skiing.

[ March 12, 2003: Message edited by: SheRa ]
    Henry David Thoreau

Shera any place in San Diego during the summer when the water is warm is a great place to learn I learned at Moonlight beach in Encinitas.

[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: MacDaddy ]
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Originally posted by MacDaddy:
    <STRONG>Shera any place in San Diego during the summer when the water is warm is a great place to learn I learned at Moonlight beach in Encinitas.

[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: MacDaddy ]</STRONG>
    I posted a couple of pics on biglines, but they disappeared. Maybe because they weren't ski related?

I almost moved to Encinitas. Would've been surfing every day. But I moved to Colorado instead.

It just drives me crazy that there are so many fun things to do in the world. Not enough time or money for all of them though...
    Henry David Thoreau

<STRONG>

It just drives me crazy that there are so many fun things to do in the world. Not enough time or money for all of them though...</STRONG>

Amen to that. I think that same thought daily.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Is Imperial Beach really THAT dirty? People always make fun of me when I tell them I surf there while in San Diego (my aunt and uncle live in Chula Vista).
    Martha's just polishing the brass on the Titanic....

<STRONG>
    Would've been surfing every day.</STRONG>
    i can't even begin to explain how nice it is.
    fine

California breaks can be hard to learn at, crowded and territorial locals. May I suggest some of the surf camps in Costa Rica? http://www.greeniguanasurfcamp.com/
    http://www.angelsurfcamp.com/

Smile

Originally posted by tuffy109
    i can't even begin to explain how nice it is.
    There's no need to try.

I'm just glad I can ski every day. It's a good thing.

Cool that this thread was revived. Reminds me of how much fun I had the last time I was in San Diego.

Tourmaline Beach is a small local's spot that's got mostly older longboarding types. The break is small but clean, I guess. Everyone was cool with no territorial bs going on. But I was just out there one day, so that's what I know.
    Henry David Thoreau

Originally posted by SheRa
    There's no need to try.

I'm just glad I can ski every day. It's a good thing.

Cool that this thread was revived. Reminds me of how much fun I had the last time I was in San Diego.

Tourmaline Beach is a small local's spot that's got mostly older longboarding types. The break is small but clean, I guess. Everyone was cool with no territorial bs going on. But I was just out there one day, so that's what I know.
    skiing everyday vs. surfing everyday

i don't know which i'd pick if i had the choice.