Kirkwood - wed 2/4

It is going to be too good. Must ditch work. Anyone heading up?

I would if.....

I wouldn't have just about killed myself on Sunday. Visibility sucked.....went through the tree's on the last run....actually down by the bunny chair.....went whipping through the tree's, I thought I was actuallly farther over to my right, ended up flying about 30 feet off of this 15 foot ledge that I couldn't see until it was too late and impacted into the vertical wall on the other side. I thought I f'ing paralyzed myself.....Spent most of the super bowl in the emergency room getting xray's. Luckily no compressed vertebra's.....sore as a Mf'er. Watch out for that ravine that runs directly up from the Bunny chair. Sweet Jesus.....

sweet jesus is right! glad you are ok.

git some at tha weed!
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Re: Kirkwood - wed 2/4

Originally posted by descender
    It is going to be too good. Must ditch work. Anyone heading up?
    I'd be up if I weren't currently living life in direct opposition to my signature. I'm buried right now. get....some.....

fallline -- holy crap. glad to here you're ok after all that.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

ah nope..

I would, but I'm calling in sick Thursday & Friday.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

The Weed was noice today. Hardrider and I hit up Eagle as the rope dropped and charged the bowl down to 2. The backside wasn't open yet, so we hit up High Whiskey to surprisingly firm pow. I say surprisingly because it was blower everywhere else.

Back up 10 and over to chair 4 for a ride to the Saddle. We skied up to One Man/Tremens? and hardrider notices it was untouched. Since we had just talked about it on the lift as being on my list, he offered me first shot at it. 10 seconds after we show up (and when I was about to psyche myself out) a boarder shows up and he didn't look like he was about to wait. So I say f'it, drop in from the top, and point it. What a blast! I have no idea what I was worried about since it was really simple in the end. Next up is the air exit...

Anyway, 4 went down due to someone having a seisure while loading (which I just learned) and so we went back up 3 and hiked Vista. It was windswept at the top but halfway down turned to blower.

We mixed in some more runs in L**** C**** and then went along the ridge to hit up Once. Hardrider took it like a champ, but I pussed since the entry required a little drop and my landings haven't exactly been great lately. Yes, I suck.

Polished off the day with a few laps in undisclosed tree locations.

There's some pow left. Not much though, we killed most of it.

Edit: Almost forgot. Scored consistent knee deep shots all day...
    Last edited by Arty50; 02-03-2004 at 08:44 PM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Amen...was gud

Skied Monday afternoon lower chairs at the peak of the incoming front. About 7-12 inches by 4pm. Wagon Wheel had been open all day with Sisters, Eagle, and Drain closed. Cornice and Backside were also closed. Felt cheap so slept in Subu in parking lot. Snowed moderately all night so had to shovel to back out in morning.

Tuesday report was 16-24 inches. Later in evening driving west on SR88, snow level was down below 3k so top foot was relatively cold powder. Skied bell to bell Tuesday. Snowed all day variably adding another 3-5 inches. At 9am Big noisy mutinous line waiting in Cornice maze. Heck it was the first good storm since New Years so lots of pent up energy. Got on about sixth chair via singles line. At top bounced first tracks all the way down skiers right on Zach's to the applause of those impatients still on lift. Pretty tracked up all over quickly but lots of good long scraps to be had in usual tree areas. Just before noon large crowd gathered at top of Caples for Backside opening. Biggest Chinese Downhill of the year so far began at warp speed. What a riot! Caught fifth chair via singles line with most ahead racing over to Thunder. Fine, for the chair crowd bounced the fall line just lookers right of chair although a couple boarders traversed way out of the fall line crossing my fall line midway marring slightly the otherwise long unblemished line. Hooked up with an old instructor from Colorado on a monoski then for next couple hours tracked untracked lines in usual places requiring traverses. Later in afternoon a few of the usual hidden shots into The Drain. Here's one good for 11 turns in the deep done about 3pm. -dave

sounds awesome guys. good to hear hardrider is back out hittin it hard too.

anyone gonna be around for the weekend? sounds like arty, lph, kellie, & hardrider are going to ooootah and punani and splat are in europe.
    One Gear, Two Planks

Some kind of modest storm shaping up late Friday so Saturday opening may be next fresh. -dave

I'll be at Chair 10 at 10 on Saturday. This time I *will* ski with any maggots available. Unsure about Sunday yet...may be going to Sugarbowl on Sunday with Snowjob & DJSapp.

Nice reports, guys. I'm envious y'all are going to the Mini. Have FUN!!

Can't wait to ski!!
    bc-lovah

Originally posted by divegirl
    I'll be at Chair 10 at 10 on Saturday. This time I *will* ski with any maggots available.
    This time, will you wait for me as I clean up from my yardsale off the Wall

I'll be wearing my swanky new green pants....just look for a ball of green & blue color tumbling off the ridge.

I wish I could be there this weekend. I wish I could be there this weekend, but I'm going to be in lectures and infront of a computer for this weekend. (paying the piper for the time in JHole).
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Originally posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    This time, will you wait for me as I clean up from my yardsale off the Wall
    I'll be wearing my swanky new green pants....just look for a ball of green & blue color tumbling off the ridge.
    That one time! I didn't even realize! Yardsale? You? Hardly, I doubt it, and I still don't believe it .....I think I'm getting better to the point that I can actually *see* you rippin' maggots when I follow you down the hill.....instead of not being able to spot you after getting off the lift! yay for me.

Telenater - we still haven't heard ANY trip report from you!! WTF?
    bc-lovah

Originally posted by divegirl
    Telenater - we still haven't heard ANY trip report from you!! WTF?
    Powder..... Yadda yadda.... more powder.... Yadda.... beer.... yaddda... strange hats.... yadda yadda.... more beer..... yadda yakkity schmackity.... nudity..... yadda.... even more powder.... yukk yukk.... crappy visibility... yadda... STUPID FUCKING TOW TRUCK DRIVERS.... yippity... Long fucking drive home ....fuckity.... Credit card fraud. That about sums it up.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Originally posted by Telenater
    Powder..... Yadda yadda.... more powder.... Yadda.... beer.... yaddda... strange hats.... yadda yadda.... more beer..... yadda yakkity schmackity.... nudity..... yadda.... even more powder.... yukk yukk.... crappy visibility... yadda... STUPID FUCKING TOW TRUCK DRIVERS.... yippity... Long fucking drive home ....fuckity.... Credit card fraud. That about sums it up.
    [comic book guy] Worst trip report EVER! [/cbg]
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Originally posted by DJSapp
    [comic book guy] Worst trip report EVER! [/cbg]
    So sue me, I'm not feeling inspired after an 18 hour drive home that included an automobile accident (Caused by previously mentioned tow truck driver) and a lot of low visibility driving.

For more info and embarassing pictures of me see...

the J-Holio trip report on Telemarktips.com

Edit: and the CC fraud thing has been resolved as being a banking error.
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Is this the embarrassing picture, Nate? I don't see anything at all funny about it.

Wed was good. More tracked than I expected, so you had to hike for stashes.

Here are some pics:

Top of 99 steps (I think that is what it is called):
    https://files.xythos.com/users/amorg...99StepsPow.JPG

Top of peak looker's right from 2, don't know what it is called:
    https://files.xythos.com/users/amorg...isePeakPow.JPG

Last edited by descender; 02-05-2004 at 03:15 PM.

Originally posted by descender

Top of 99 steps (I think that is what it is called):
    yup that is called 99 steps...I've also heard the patrol call it the Thimble Peak hike.

Top of peak looker's right from 2, don't know what it is called:
    That would be Lookout Vista.....it's in the background of your 99 Steps pic. hmmmmmm, yummy.

nice pics
    One Gear, Two Planks